1) BitCoin is anonymous and has instant transfers - no such equivalent exists today
2) BitCoin is international, yet decentralized - this as well unheard of in any historical sense
3) BitCoin has a strong core of people supporting it
4) BitCoin has gotten more press releases in regards to its functionality than systems such as AlertPay had when they were at the same amount of traffic or any other system for that matter
5) BitCoin cannot be shut down despite all the articles made by journalist that predict some stupid government rule can all the sudden collapse it
6) BitCoin is gaining in value day by day, but compared to gold its not a commodity which you speculate, but a currency that you can actually spend to purchase everyday items, and more are added by the day
7) BitCoin CAN crash, but that doesnt mean it will. Yet even if small crashes occur and people loose money, this system is here to stay. No other comparison exist.
BitCoin will not become a monetary system that will replace Banks. BitCoin will become the best alternative to banks on the other hand. Banks are not the ones with the problem in this, they will still have to lend money, process merchant accounts, insurance, re-finance and exchange facilities (which may include BitCoin one day). But BitCoin will replace PayPal, AlertPay, Paxum and Neteller.
9) BitCoin will replace Visa and Mastercard. In less than a few months from today we will see plastic card alternatives flood the market, containing BitCoin on them, based on RDIF technology, reloadable and accepted at physical merchants in few locations.
10) BitCoin despite up and downs, will be used because poker, adult and hyip industry have no alternative.