Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 09:04:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Lender's Log! (Check here prior to loaning!!)  (Read 3697 times)
TheGr33k (OP)

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 08, 2015, 01:54:31 AM
Last edit: October 11, 2015, 06:01:38 PM by TheGr33k

This thread will be prettier as time goes on, but it's a simple principle and we'll see how it plays out:

This thread is for lender's to post their active-loans that they are comfortable being public and the reason for this thread's creation is to stop multiple-loan scamming / double-fulfillment.

Post your active loans below to have them added to the public log, and when the loan is concluded please get in contact with me to update it's status!

Per discussion here : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1200989.msg12629938#msg12629938

Borrower
|
Lender
|
Amount
|
Repayment Date
|
Reference
|
Example| Example| 0.00 (0.00)| DD-MM-YYYY| Reference|
Bayuu| Altcoinhosting| 0.015 (0.017)| 1-11-2015||
Decoded| TwentyThree| 0.02 (0.022)| 15-10-2015| Reference|
HarshitPeer| letyouearn| 0.06 (0.07)| 9-10-2015| Reference|
jacee| BeGoods| 0.05 (0.055)| 15-10-2015| Reference|
Josef27| Zazarb| 0.125 (0.1425)| 25-11-2015*| Reference|
katerniko1| marjod| 0.036 (0.04)| 13-10-2015| Reference|
kokifurihata| Altcoinhosting| 0.02 (0.025)| 10-10-2015||
lucullus| EthanB| 0.05 (0.065)| 20-10-2015| |
mocacinno| Altcoinhosting| 0.04 (0.??)| 16-10-2015||
paltoco| Blazed| 0.041 (0.055)| 06-10-2015| Reference|
ranochigo| BiPolarBob| 0.40 (0.48)| 09-11-2015| Reference|
ruggedman_dan| redsn0w| 0.6 (0.66)| 17-10-2015| Reference|
tstar| lottery248| 0.22 (0.25)| 21-10-2015| Reference|
Tubagus| Altcoinhosting| 0.04 (0.??)| 29-10-2015||

• Bold indicates that the borrower provided a collateral.
  • Red indicates that the loan is overdue
  • asterisks (*) indicates that the collateral is the borrower's bitcointalk account (not their alt but the one taking the loan). please think twice before leaving a negative feedback as the account is in the lender's possession.
  • all three signs can be used together.

PM me or post below to have your loans added to the list

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
letyouearn
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1014

View Profile
October 08, 2015, 04:25:25 AM

Update my funded loan here on your topic .

Topic link = https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1201781.0

Lent = 0.06 BTC total. Repayment = 0.07 with interest.

░░▄▄███▄▄
██████████
████
█████░░░░
██████████▄▄██████▄▄
███████████████████████▄▄
████
█████████▀▀███████
██████████████░░░░░████
████
█████████▄▄███████
█████
█████████████████
█▀▀
████
███▀▀███████▀▀
████
░░░░░████▀
███████▄▄▄▀▀

░░▀▀███▀▀
..CPLAY - IDO.████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
   O N E   E C O S Y S T E M   F O R   A L L 
Y O U R   C R Y P T O   N E E D S
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████
A P P   S T O R E
W A L L E T
A D S T A T I O N
2 F A   S H I E L D
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
TheGr33k (OP)

View Profile
October 08, 2015, 04:36:47 AM

Update my funded loan here on your topic .

Topic link = https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1201781.0

Lent = 0.06 BTC total. Repayment = 0.07 with interest.

Added your requested active loan to OP Cheesy
james.lent

Activity: 602
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 08, 2015, 04:43:11 AM

I think it's a good idea. An all in one spot to double check all the loans.
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 3070

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2015, 04:57:09 AM

Good idea, but manual lists are hard to keep up to date.  An automatic system would be much better, but hard to implement.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
james.lent

View Profile
October 08, 2015, 05:22:46 AM

Good idea, but manual lists are hard to keep up to date.  An automatic system would be much better, but hard to implement.

Yeah i agree, maybe tspacepilot could help out with a script.
TheGr33k (OP)

View Profile
October 08, 2015, 05:49:48 AM

There is an active thread going on where members are discussing creating an extension for browsers that allow lenders to do just that. I'm just attempting to band-aid the situation and hold down the fort while I've got some time available to be active and maintain a real-time loan thread. Nothing major, but any lender that wants to be involved has to do their part and the thread shouldn't be too hard to maintain. Might make scam-busting even easier.
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
October 08, 2015, 06:01:09 AM

I am fairly certain that tspacepilot does not give a shit about the community, and as such has zero interest in making such a script.

It really should not be difficult to check for any open loans, all a potential lender will need to do is search the lending sub with the potential borrower's username, check his untrusted feedback for neutral notes saying they have an open loan, and check their post history for evidence of an open loan.

It should be impossible for a borrower to use the same collateral twice as a lender should not fund the loan until the collateral is properly secured by either himself or an escrow. There is also no real reason why someone cannot borrow from two lenders at the same time, or have two loans open. Plus the most common issue with "double borrowing" will be that the borrower makes multiple loan requests and then two lenders fill the loan almost at the same time.
altcoinhosting

Activity: 896
Merit: 1005

View Profile
October 08, 2015, 06:03:07 AM

@Vod: we're currently discussing about the best way to attack the scammers: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1200989.msg12630947#msg12630947
Since you're one of the bigger loaners out here, maybe you can join us. It would be nice to have a lot of opinions Smiley

@TheGr33k: while we're waiting untill i have the time to create a poll, maybe you can add my loans to your thread to? https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1181834.msg12435612#msg12435612
Thanks!

TheGr33k (OP)

View Profile
October 08, 2015, 06:05:59 AM

Good idea, but manual lists are hard to keep up to date.  An automatic system would be much better, but hard to implement.

I am fairly certain that tspacepilot does not give a shit about the community, and as such has zero interest in making such a script.

It really should not be difficult to check for any open loans, all a potential lender will need to do is search the lending sub with the potential borrower's username, check his untrusted feedback for neutral notes saying they have an open loan, and check their post history for evidence of an open loan.

It should be impossible for a borrower to use the same collateral twice as a lender should not fund the loan until the collateral is properly secured by either himself or an escrow. There is also no real reason why someone cannot borrow from two lenders at the same time, or have two loans open. Plus the most common issue with "double borrowing" will be that the borrower makes multiple loan requests and then two lenders fill the loan almost at the same time.

A lot of lenders these days are unfortunately accepting small loans to low-level accounts for small amounts of BTC. Most do not leave neutral feedback, and for whatever reason many also do not read untrusted feedback. I agree he probably has no interest in making a script for the community, but I'm sure there are others who would be willing if it was drawn out properly and thoroughly with significant benefit laid-out clearly. There isn't any reason why a borrower can open more than one loan at a time, however it would be a nice thing to know if they already have a public loan active.

I agree if a borrower spams two threads quickly this system does not help assist against that other than the fact that it is reminding users constantly to check this thread, along with the most recent posts of other threads for the aforementioned scam-type.

@altcoinhosting I have added yours to the log!
tspacepilot
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1076

I may write code in exchange for bitcoins.

View Profile
October 08, 2015, 06:21:26 AM

...says the dude who got caught trust-farming and setting everyone up for a long-con Roll Eyes

Anyway, if someone wants to hire me to write a script for something, they should PM me.
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
October 08, 2015, 06:25:45 AM

Well the number of people it is actually a good idea to lend to, that actually request loans is very low right now. It is also not necessarily a scam if someone is attempting to borrow additional money while having an outstanding loan (they could have underestimated their needs, and requested a lower amount in order to avoid paying excess interest.

If a lender is not willing to make a simple neutral feedback (and if they are not willing to check for neutral feedback), then I do not see why they would be willing to post (or check) this thread. I would say in a best case scenario, you will need to check for outstanding loans yourself to update this thread, and follow up on loans to confirm once they have been repaid.

This is not the first time a thread like this has been created, and I am not sure how successful it was. I think the concept is good, however there are simply too many lenders who are clueless as to how to protect themselves.
james.lent

View Profile
October 08, 2015, 06:26:18 AM

...says the dude who got caught trust-farming and setting everyone up for a long-con Roll Eyes

Anyway, if someone wants to hire me to write a script for something, they should PM me.

What would you charge for something like this ? Well its also for the community benefit.
tspacepilot
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1076

I may write code in exchange for bitcoins.

View Profile
October 08, 2015, 06:29:54 AM

What would you charge for something like this ? Well its also for the community benefit.

PM sent.
TheGr33k (OP)

View Profile
October 08, 2015, 06:30:08 AM

Definitely curious as james has asked, as I'm sure we could get a community pool together for something rather quickly unless I am over-estimating things Tongue
If you do not wish to publicly answer, then I will be in touch via PM when it is appropriate.

Well the number of people it is actually a good idea to lend to, that actually request loans is very low right now. It is also not necessarily a scam if someone is attempting to borrow additional money while having an outstanding loan (they could have underestimated their needs, and requested a lower amount in order to avoid paying excess interest.

If a lender is not willing to make a simple neutral feedback (and if they are not willing to check for neutral feedback), then I do not see why they would be willing to post (or check) this thread. I would say in a best case scenario, you will need to check for outstanding loans yourself to update this thread, and follow up on loans to confirm once they have been repaid.

This is not the first time a thread like this has been created, and I am not sure how successful it was. I think the concept is good, however there are simply too many lenders who are clueless as to how to protect themselves.

Thank you for your input, and I am very aware of the tremendous amount of work this thread may amount to. It was just an idea we got talking about in another thread and I ran with it figuring it couldn't do any harm. At the very most I end up wasting time and at the very best I save someone from getting scammed. I suppose we'll see how it plays out.
james.lent

View Profile
October 08, 2015, 06:35:45 AM

-snip-

PM sent.

Replied and lets keep the rest of the discussion here mate as the project infos are posted here. If it's affordable i'll fund this project personally and if its not , well im sure we can work something out  Wink
altcoinhosting

Activity: 896
Merit: 1005

View Profile
October 08, 2015, 06:38:41 AM

-snip-

PM sent.

Replied and lets keep the rest of the discussion here mate as the project infos are posted here. If it's affordable i'll fund this project personally and if its not , well im sure we can work something out  Wink

My demo is already running since yesterday. It's ugly as f*ck, and most functionality isn't included yet (if i ever make a beta version, both layout and functionality will be fixed.... I'll only make a beta if the community agrees to use my tool tough)... but it shows you how i would make a tool like this:
http://www.altcoinhosting.com/ledger/

Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 3070

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2015, 06:39:51 AM

-snip-

PM sent.

Replied and lets keep the rest of the discussion here mate as the project infos are posted here. If it's affordable i'll fund this project personally and if its not , well im sure we can work something out  Wink

My demo is already running since yesterday. It's ugly as f*ck, and most functionality isn't included yet (if i ever make a beta version, both layout and functionality will be fixed.... I'll only make a beta if the community agrees to use my tool tough)... but it shows you how i would make a tool like this:
http://www.altcoinhosting.com/ledger/

Your tool doesn't scrape this forum, does it?   It would need to be integrated into TSP's script to be of any use.  Otherwise you are just transferring from one manual system to another.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
October 08, 2015, 06:40:59 AM

-snip-

PM sent.

Replied and lets keep the rest of the discussion here mate as the project infos are posted here. If it's affordable i'll fund this project personally and if its not , well im sure we can work something out  Wink
Be sure to use escrow if you do end up trading with him. I would hate to see you get your hard earned btc stolen from you.
james.lent

View Profile
October 08, 2015, 06:41:30 AM

-snip-

PM sent.

Be sure to use escrow if you do end up trading with him. I would hate to see you get your hard earned btc stolen from you.

Yes definitely mate Smiley
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: