Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 05:04:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Lender's Log! (Check here prior to loaning!!)  (Read 3710 times)
altcoinhosting

Activity: 896
Merit: 1006

View Profile
October 08, 2015, 06:42:34 AM
Last edit: October 08, 2015, 07:25:25 AM by altcoinhosting

-snip-

PM sent.

Replied and lets keep the rest of the discussion here mate as the project infos are posted here. If it's affordable i'll fund this project personally and if its not , well im sure we can work something out  Wink

My demo is already running since yesterday. It's ugly as f*ck, and most functionality isn't included yet (if i ever make a beta version, both layout and functionality will be fixed.... I'll only make a beta if the community agrees to use my tool tough)... but it shows you how i would make a tool like this:
http://www.altcoinhosting.com/ledger/

Your tool doesn't scrape this forum, does it?   It would need to be integrated into TSP's script to be of any use.  Otherwise you are just transferring from one manual system to another.

No, it doesn't scrape the forum... I could make a scraper, but i'd hate to reinvent the wheel. If TSP already has a good scraper available, that would be fine  Smiley

EDIT: an alternative to scraping the full forum would be this:
- every lender opens an account on my ledger, and adds his/her loanthread
- we all use the same (hidden) tag around our open loans (for example, and anchor-tag)
- i schedule an hourly cronjob, fetch all first pages of all loanthreads for everybody in my database. I use a simple domparser to parse all loans

This will ofcourse only work if everybody uses the same tags around their open loans...

whywefight
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1042

www.explorerz.top

View Profile
October 08, 2015, 07:19:00 AM

i like the idea from altcoinhosting, as long as i know "most" ppl that give out loans its cool. its a pain in the ass to check the whole sub for every user that requests a loan.

james.lent

Activity: 602
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 08, 2015, 07:25:40 AM

-snip-

PM sent.

Replied and lets keep the rest of the discussion here mate as the project infos are posted here. If it's affordable i'll fund this project personally and if its not , well im sure we can work something out  Wink

My demo is already running since yesterday. It's ugly as f*ck, and most functionality isn't included yet (if i ever make a beta version, both layout and functionality will be fixed.... I'll only make a beta if the community agrees to use my tool tough)... but it shows you how i would make a tool like this:

Your tool doesn't scrape this forum, does it?   It would need to be integrated into TSP's script to be of any use.  Otherwise you are just transferring from one manual system to another.

No, it doesn't scrape the forum... I could make a scraper, but i'd hate to reinvent the wheel. If TSP already has a good scraper available, that would be fine  Smiley

- we all use the same (hidden) tag around our open loans
- i schedule an hourly cronjob, fetch all first pages of all loanthreads for everybody in my database. I use a simple domparser to parse all loans

This will ofcourse only work if everybody uses the same tags around their open loans...

i like this idea too. The lenders gotta agree to use it though else it'll be a waste of time and coins.
whywefight
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1042

www.explorerz.top

View Profile
October 08, 2015, 07:30:10 AM

-snip-

PM sent.

i like this idea too. The lenders gotta agree to use it though else it'll be a waste of time and coins.

all data needs to be in same format right? should we discuss here or in the other thread.

altcoinhosting

View Profile
October 08, 2015, 07:31:33 AM

-snip-

PM sent.

all data needs to be in same format right? should we discuss here or in the other thread.

Maybe the other thread would be the best place? Otherwise we'll fill TheGr33k's thread with a big discussion Smiley

james.lent

View Profile
October 08, 2015, 11:50:27 AM

-snip-

PM sent.

Maybe the other thread would be the best place? Otherwise we'll fill TheGr33k's thread with a big discussion Smiley

Either would work...Should start crowfunding with an escrow holding the funds... im sure the active lenders would like something to simplify their jobs too.
altcoinhosting

View Profile
October 08, 2015, 12:03:50 PM

Either would work...Should start crowfunding with an escrow holding the funds... im sure the active lenders would like something to simplify their jobs too.

If you use my tool, crowdfunding won't be necessary... I really hate scammers, so i would create an online ledger for free (i wouldn't mind getting something in the tipjar once it's completely finished tough Wink )

james.lent

View Profile
October 08, 2015, 12:08:13 PM

If you use my tool, crowdfunding won't be necessary... I really hate scammers, so i would create an online ledger for free (i wouldn't mind getting something in the tipjar once it's completely finished tough Wink )

wouldnt mind tipping at all if it has all those you mentioned earlier :

Wink
altcoinhosting

View Profile
October 08, 2015, 12:16:16 PM

wouldnt mind tipping at all if it has all those you mentioned earlier :

Wink

Well... I'm thinking about creating an online ledger without scraper to begin with, and then use the API of the ledger to communicate with a decentralised scraper (probably written in perl, and running as a cronjob from one of my VPS's). That way, i'll avoid heavy load on my main server Smiley

Don't worry about tipping. I was only half-serious when i mentioned it in the first place... I'll do the work for free if the community has a concensus to use the ledger, offcourse i won't complain if i get a small tip now and then... Smiley

EDIT: at the moment, i don't think we've reached a concensus Wink https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1203414

marjod

Activity: 285
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 08, 2015, 12:24:04 PM

It is just an idea but maybe you could add in the OP if an escrow is involed in the loan.
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 3099

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2015, 12:41:56 PM

Back to topic, please add the following to your lenders log:

0.10 BTC loan from Vod to letyouearn

Repayment of 0.11 BTC no later than October 10.

Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1199413.0

https://nastyscam.com - featuring 13 years of OGNasty bitcoin scams     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming sooner than you think!
--Encrypted--
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1007

hee-ho.

View Profile
October 09, 2015, 12:00:38 AM
Last edit: October 09, 2015, 03:23:50 AM by --Encrypted--

Lender
|
Borrower
|
Amount
|
Repayment Date
|
Reference
|
Example| Example| 0.00 (0.00)| DD-MM-YYYY| Reference|
Vod| letyouearn| 0.1 (0.11)| 10-10-2015| Reference|
BeGoods| jacee| 0.05 (0.055)| 15-10-2015| Reference|
Zazarb| Panzzer| 0.045 (0.054)| 17-09-2015*| Reference|
Zazarb| Josef27| 0.125 (0.1425)| 25-11-2015*| Reference|
Zazarb| Waterpile| 0.4 (0.45)| 15-10-2015| Reference|

• Bold indicates that the borrower provided a collateral.
  • Red indicates that the loan is overdue
  • asterisks (*) indicates that the collateral is the borrower's bitcointalk account (not their alt but the one taking the loan). please think twice before leaving a negative feedback as the account is in the lender's possession.
  • all three signs can be used together.

I'll add more later when I'm not so lazy. right now I just want to present this table. feel free to use, modify, or trash it.

edited too many times.
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 2347

View Profile
October 09, 2015, 03:03:27 AM

Lender
|
Borrower
|
Amount
|
Repayment Date
|
Reference
|
Example| Example| 0.00 (0.00)| DD-MM-YYYY| Reference|
Vod| letyouearn| 0.1 (0.11)| 10-10-2015| Reference|
BeGoods| jacee| 0.05 (0.055)| 15-10-2015| Reference|
Zazarb| Panzzer| 0.045 (0.054)| 17-09-2015*| Reference|
Zazarb| Josef27| 0.125 (0.1425)| 25-11-2015*| Reference|
Zazarb| Waterpile| 0.4 (0.45)| 15-10-2015| Reference|

• Bold indicates that the lendee provided a collateral.
  • Red indicates that the loan is overdue
  • asterisks (*) indicates that the collateral is the lendee's bitcointalk account (not their alt but the one taking the loan). please think twice before leaving a negative feedback as the account is in the lender's possession.
  • all three signs can be used together.

I'll add more later when I'm not so lazy. right now I just want to present this table. feel free to use, modify, or trash it.

edited too many times.
FIFY
--Encrypted--
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1007

hee-ho.

View Profile
October 09, 2015, 03:18:37 AM

yeah. borrower sounds good. using the words lendee or loanee doesn't feel right lol. OP may change it back if he wishes, but imma use the term borrower for now.
TheGr33k (OP)

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 09, 2015, 04:57:47 AM

OP has been updated with the requested loan(s), and the format has been updated. Thank you very much for providing a cleaner table for me to work with. I like it better than mine Tongue
If anybody else would like their loans added, just let me know. I'll be hunting for reference links to those without it a little bit later if I get the time Cheesy Thanks for the comments and assistance, I don't mind if you hold your discussions that are relevant here at all!
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 3099

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2015, 05:07:28 AM

I suggest you move Borrower to the first column and sort it from A-Z.  That is the information people are looking for.

https://nastyscam.com - featuring 13 years of OGNasty bitcoin scams     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming sooner than you think!
TheGr33k (OP)

View Profile
October 09, 2015, 05:11:06 AM

I suggest you move Borrower to the first column and sort it from A-Z.  That is the information people are looking for.

I was trying to decide how I should sort it and I couldn't decide for myself. Thank you for the suggestion; it's like you could read my mind. Shocked

Gonna go handle that in just a minute..

EDIT : OP re-formatted as suggested, and it is an improvement! Thanks Vod.
ajrah

Activity: 350

View Profile
October 09, 2015, 05:18:22 AM

would you guys like to add another column for additional remarks for comments like borrower paid but 3 days late, or borrower extended loan for another 3 days or other good comments like that?

TheGr33k (OP)

View Profile
October 09, 2015, 05:20:37 AM

would you guys like to add another column for additional remarks for comments like borrower paid but 3 days late, or borrower extended loan for another 3 days or other good comments like that?

It's possible, but this is only to keep track of active-loans for the most part, how beneficial would it be to know that it has been extended when all you came here to know if there was an open-loan?
If I were to maintain comments, then I might as well keep a log of every loan conclusion as well, but there's no need for that. Maybe I could keep a log of defaulted loans, transferred accounts via collateral or other things of that nature?
ajrah

Activity: 350

View Profile
October 09, 2015, 05:30:30 AM

It's possible, but this is only to keep track of active-loans for the most part, how beneficial would it be to know that it has been extended when all you came here to know if there was an open-loan?
If I were to maintain comments, then I might as well keep a log of every loan conclusion as well, but there's no need for that. Maybe I could keep a log of defaulted loans, transferred accounts via collateral or other things of that nature?

Ok sorry for not back reading I thought this will be like a ledger that will be updated from time to time and list will be longer as time goes by so I example I ajrah asked for a loan from you (example) you can check this log and check how many times I asked for a loan for the past few months and how am I as borrower, like am I always late in paying or am I always asking for an extension or something like that but anyway, nice log and this this will definitely help lenders and future lenders. Kudos to all of you.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: