Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 02:13:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: Why is Theymos Admin and Not Satoshi?  (Read 1682 times)
CipherPelf (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 09, 2015, 06:46:16 AM

Why isnt Satoshi Nakamoto the owner of this forum, He posted here last in 2010. Does Theymos know him? Has he had contact with him previously?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
codishmumu

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 09, 2015, 06:53:21 AM

Maybe Satoshi died....?
CipherPelf (OP)

View Profile
October 09, 2015, 07:01:47 AM

Maybe Satoshi died....?

I wouldn't doubt it
CoinThug

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 09, 2015, 07:06:17 AM

Why isnt Satoshi Nakamoto the owner of this forum, He posted here last in 2010. Does Theymos know him? Has he had contact with him previously?

Well if he was the owner of this forum they will find him (maybe) plus is beter that Satoshi Nakamoto will be unkown, because is like having a hero Tongue
mattiadeabtc

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

★YoBit.Net★ 200+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
October 09, 2015, 07:30:57 AM

Because satoshi is gone

MadZ

Activity: 908
Merit: 657

View Profile
October 09, 2015, 08:01:17 AM

Seems like the only logical conclusion is that Satoshi = Theymos.
mexxer-2

Activity: 924
Merit: 1003

4 Mana 7/7

View Profile
October 09, 2015, 08:08:24 AM

AFAIK a person named satoshi made this forum , met handful of helpful people and when it came time to vanish he left the reins to the highly specialized one. After that BadBear too was chosen as an admin later, rpobably by theymos, not sure .
Anyway here is satoshi's account with account name of "satoshi" ,the account is under control of theymos and will be given to the person who can prove that he is satoshi when he signs a message from https://bitcointalk.org/Satoshi_Nakamoto.asc .The extreme measure because satoshi's email was compromised once in the past: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=775174.0
minifrij
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1267

In Memory of Zepher

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2015, 10:18:57 AM

This forum was made by both Sirius and Satoshi as a place to discuss Bitcoin as the old forums weren't enough. Overtime Theymos and Badbear were trusted with administration of the forum, and here we are now.

Does Theymos know him? Has he had contact with him previously?
When Satoshi was still active online I believe he had email conversations with Theymos. This obviously stopped when Satoshi vanished.
nonbody

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

2local[IEO] - https://2local.io/

View Profile
October 09, 2015, 10:19:49 AM

perhaps because satoshi isnt around any more, as far as we know

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄████████████████████▄
█████▀░░░░░░░░░░████████
▐█████▄████████░░███████▌
████████▀▀██████░░████████
████████▄▄█████░░░████████
██████████████░░░█████████
▐███████▀░░░░░░▄█████████▌
██████▀▐███████████████
░░▀███░░░░░░░░░░░░░████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀

2local
Sustainability and Prosperity.
Pre sale is going on
...J O I N...
...Whitepaper...
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄████████████████████▄
█████▀░░░░░░░░░░████████
▐█████▄████████░░███████▌
████████▀▀██████░░████████
████████▄▄█████░░░████████
██████████████░░░█████████
▐███████▀░░░░░░▄█████████▌

I   E   O IN Livecoin.net  Probit  P2pPb2b from 11/02/2020
2local Sale
CipherPelf (OP)

View Profile
October 09, 2015, 12:42:19 PM

It's eerie thinking that a man had 1million bitcoins in his wallet worth over 250 million dollars and just left it like that. Perhaps he had another wallet and is living like a king or died before bitcoin grew which would be sad.
Zawamiya

Activity: 526
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 09, 2015, 04:05:09 PM

because satoshi didn't wanted to deal with users much and he was a member untill the forum was setup and running after that responsibility of this forum comes to theymos and satoshi gone invisiable,and we already discussed that satoshi nakamoto is probally not real name of the developer of bitcoin so it may be reason he didn't wanted to be admin of this forum so he can stay anonymous
el kaka22
Legendary

Activity: 3500
Merit: 1162

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
October 10, 2015, 01:18:48 PM

It is said that satoshi have started the forum, and before he gone he gave the admin status to theymos. Then theymos gave BadBear the admin status later. So that's why theymos is admin but satoshi not.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
October 10, 2015, 01:22:38 PM

It is said that satoshi have started the forum, and before he gone he gave the admin status to theymos. Then theymos gave BadBear the admin status later. So that's why theymos is admin but satoshi not.

Exactly, basically we can say that satoshi is the founder of this forum and the previous one but it is not more the admin.
gogxmagog
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1009

Ad maiora!

View Profile
October 10, 2015, 02:50:09 PM

i would think satoshi has better things to do with his time, and more money than most of us could dream of to do it with.

he probably doesn't even visit here. there's not much worth reading

either that or he's sig farming 5 accounts just for teh lulz

probably not though
Daisy14

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 14, 2016, 04:12:36 PM

Just because someone's username is Satoshi Nakamato does not mean he is the real one. I came across Bill Gates on this forum today, but I know the real Bill won't waste his time posting on forums.
skeletonbit

Activity: 284
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 14, 2016, 04:15:53 PM

I belive satoshi is still here using some different nickname or at least he visit the forum sometimes.

Xenophoto

Activity: 826
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 14, 2016, 04:18:46 PM

Just because someone's username is Satoshi Nakamato does not mean he is the real one. I came across Bill Gates on this forum today, but I know the real Bill won't waste his time posting on forums.

Indeed, maybe someone just created an account named after Satoshi, so if one day a rich member stumbled upon him, then he can sell that account for a large amount of btc. Just a theory though. But if you look at it, it's either Theymos is Satoshi, or Satoshi became really rich, vanished, changed his name and just lived somewhere where people will not recognize him.

minifrij
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1267

In Memory of Zepher

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2016, 04:24:03 PM

The user account satoshi is the legitimate Satoshi. For starters, he is of the rank 'Founder', is the first real account on this forum (with only an admin and hidden account before it). Combined with his post being one of the first public posts on the forum and his great knowledge of Bitcoin and the network, I would say it is safe to say he is real. Sirius and theymos could likely confirm this too, though I doubt they have the time or concern to.

But if you look at it, it's either Theymos is Satoshi, or Satoshi became really rich, vanished, changed his name and just lived somewhere where people will not recognize him.
How did you come to any of these conclusions?
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
April 14, 2016, 04:24:45 PM

Satoshi said everything that needed to be said in C++.  Wink
The rest is up to you.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2016, 05:47:42 PM

There was no need to bump this old thread. People tend to use various usernames online, so one should not be surprised if they encounter "satoshi" in a lot of places.

The user account satoshi was the legitimate Satoshi.
FTFY.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
HeroC
Legendary

Activity: 858
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 16, 2016, 11:24:35 PM

I doubt Satoshi is dead, and probably still browses the forums, but under an alias. He trusted theymos, and now he administrates the forums, reddit, etc.
btvGainer
Legendary

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2016, 12:03:23 AM

I doubt Satoshi is dead, and probably still browses the forums, but under an alias. He trusted theymos, and now he administrates the forums, reddit, etc.
He doesn't need to browse the forum.His job is done.Now he knows that community can handle the rest.Nothing here that would interest him anymore IMO
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: