Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 11:50:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: dot vs comma separator  (Read 394 times)
pimpampoum (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 09, 2015, 10:55:27 AM

Hi,
i come from france and in my country the separator between integers and decimal is a comma

In the US, it is a dot.

Each time i copy paste a bitcoin number to my computer i have a problem. Sometimes, the bitcoin number can be multiplied by 1000 and it is scary!

It would be good to have an international format of bitcoin separator.

I think using a DOT everywhere would be great. I don't know if it is feasible in all scripts and programs.

thank you.
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1520

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2015, 11:17:09 AM

Hi,
i come from france and in my country the separator between integers and decimal is a comma

In the US, it is a dot.

Each time i copy paste a bitcoin number to my computer i have a problem. Sometimes, the bitcoin number can be multiplied by 1000 and it is scary!

It would be good to have an international format of bitcoin separator.

I think using a DOT everywhere would be great. I don't know if it is feasible in all scripts and programs.

thank you.

Either way half the world has a problem[1].

[1] http://www.statisticalconsultants.co.nz/blog/how-the-world-separates-its-decimals.html

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
Joel_Jantsen
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1308

Get your game girl

View Profile
October 09, 2015, 01:59:43 PM

Hello ! Considering the way special characters are processed in different countries has everything to do with their statistical measures .Basically, one does not have any advantage over the other ,its just the set of quality standards they tend to follow . For example, many of US based companies suggest while writing your name in the  Resume,you must make sure its centered aligned  but those in Europe suggest it should be aligned to the left .So its completely based on your quality standards.To cure this problem I could suggest a few measures :
1)When converting  btc make sure you've choose France as your country (if you've set your google to its default location then dont worry it should do it for you)

2)Try to use as many web sites based in France because they'd follow the same set of standards

3)Manually just replace the comma with the dots which I think seems much easier . Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: