Bitcoin Forum
August 08, 2024, 11:21:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Blockchain annoying issue  (Read 1028 times)
rkandrades (OP)

Activity: 392
Merit: 251

Bitcoin Faucet & Blog

View Profile
October 09, 2015, 03:15:15 PM

Hi...

Since yesterday my bitcoins are stuck on Blockchain.info.

I tried to do 5 transactions and all of them still UNCONFIRMED for more than 12 hours...

This morning my faucet dried because of this problem and I had to buy bitcoins in a brazilian online market. Translating: I'm losing money.

Somebody is experiencing this same problem or would know what I have to do to solve this?

Bitcoin█████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
atcher.
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════
  FaucetFREE BTCitcoin RewardsBlogLearn about Finance, Economics and Bitcoin

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1528

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2015, 03:20:53 PM

Hi...

Since yesterday my bitcoins are stuck on Blockchain.info.

I tried to do 5 transactions and all of them still UNCONFIRMED for more than 12 hours...

This morning my faucet dried because of this problem and I had to buy bitcoins in a brazilian online market. Translating: I'm losing money.

Somebody is experiencing this same problem or would know what I have to do to solve this?

How big in bytes, how high a fee in satoshi and do the TX rely on eachother?

Alternativly: TX IDs

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
snipie
Legendary

Activity: 3234
Merit: 1141

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2015, 03:22:43 PM

I heard that there is a problem with transactions having double spent during thoses days so just when sending your coins (better with a fee ~0.0001 or a bit more) wait for the transaction to be confirmed and do not spend it over and over.
That's what I noticed from different users posts in btctalk, personally didn't made a transaction during this period.

Can you give us the url of the transactions or your btc address to check the transactions?
rkandrades (OP)

Bitcoin Faucet & Blog

View Profile
October 09, 2015, 04:52:46 PM

I heard that there is a problem with transactions having double spent during thoses days so just when sending your coins (better with a fee ~0.0001 or a bit more) wait for the transaction to be confirmed and do not spend it over and over.
That's what I noticed from different users posts in btctalk, personally didn't made a transaction during this period.

Can you give us the url of the transactions or your btc address to check the transactions?

Of course.

Please, check it and help me to understand this. Sad

1AEdT62Tgfte4L6ni1e584BT4C1D5CH1tk

atcher.
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2015, 04:56:20 PM

Of course.

Thats an address, which of the 69 transactions are you talking about? All are confirmed according to blocktrail[1]

[1] https://www.blocktrail.com/BTC/address/1AEdT62Tgfte4L6ni1e584BT4C1D5CH1tk/transactions

d5000
Legendary

Activity: 4004
Merit: 7036

Decentralization Maximalist

View Profile
October 09, 2015, 05:14:32 PM

I am having a similar problem. A transaction I sent about 40 minutes ago was "returned" to my blockchain.info address - without any action from my side. It was a payment, and the receiver confirmed the receival, but I have doubts it will confirm.

The transaction I sent as a payment still has no confirmations, while the "returned" transaction has already 3 confirmations.

Perhaps it's best not to use blockchain.info until this issue is resolved. I use it only for small amount, but nevertheless it is annoying. Annoyingly, blockr.io shows the same data, so it's not only a UI bug.

PS: Other person with a similar problem, some days ago: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1198347.0

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
snipie
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2015, 05:17:33 PM

Of course.

Thats an address, which of the 69 transactions are you talking about? All are confirmed according to blocktrail[1]

[1] https://www.blocktrail.com/BTC/address/1AEdT62Tgfte4L6ni1e584BT4C1D5CH1tk/transactions
Nah look here https://blockchain.info/address/1AEdT62Tgfte4L6ni1e584BT4C1D5CH1tk
You will find the unconfirmed transactions and when checking them i found a double spent as expected..
rkandrades (OP)

Bitcoin Faucet & Blog

View Profile
October 09, 2015, 05:22:20 PM

I did a contact with the Blockchain.info support.

They send me this answer:

There is currently an attack on the bitcoin network that is causing these double transactions to appear. This attack is effecting almost all bitcoin transactions - not just Blockchain.info users. Your funds are *not* at risk and these duplicate transactions will never confirm. After 24-72 hours they should be rejected by the bitcoin network as invalid, which they are. When sending transactions during this attack you may see it appear twice. One will likely be marked as a double spend, which can cause a great deal of confusion.

We understand this is an inconvenience to our users, and all users of bitcoin. With your funds not at risk during this attack the most anyone can do is to wait for these transactions to be rejected. There isn't anything Blockchain.info can do to clear this issue up faster, as this is an attack on the bitcoin network itself. You can read more about the attack here - https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/bitcoin-attack-coinkite-reports-malleability-attack-urges-caution/. Another helpful post on Reddit that explains the situation can be found here - https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/3nfb2y/eli5_for_double_spends_bitcoin_being_sent_twice/.

Thanks,

-----

Mandrik | Blockchain.info Support

atcher.
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

Mickeyb

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
October 09, 2015, 06:02:15 PM

I did a contact with the Blockchain.info support.

They send me this answer:

There is currently an attack on the bitcoin network that is causing these double transactions to appear. This attack is effecting almost all bitcoin transactions - not just Blockchain.info users. Your funds are *not* at risk and these duplicate transactions will never confirm. After 24-72 hours they should be rejected by the bitcoin network as invalid, which they are. When sending transactions during this attack you may see it appear twice. One will likely be marked as a double spend, which can cause a great deal of confusion.

We understand this is an inconvenience to our users, and all users of bitcoin. With your funds not at risk during this attack the most anyone can do is to wait for these transactions to be rejected. There isn't anything Blockchain.info can do to clear this issue up faster, as this is an attack on the bitcoin network itself. You can read more about the attack here - https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/bitcoin-attack-coinkite-reports-malleability-attack-urges-caution/. Another helpful post on Reddit that explains the situation can be found here - https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/3nfb2y/eli5_for_double_spends_bitcoin_being_sent_twice/.

Thanks,

-----

Mandrik | Blockchain.info Support

Yes a transaction malleability attack that's happening since some days ago. I think that many people are affected but it seems to me that the blockchain.info wallet customers are more affected by this than the others.

You will just have to wait as they suggested, until the transaction doesn't get dropped and this will take 24-72 hours.

On the other side I have sent 6 transactions yesterday, all using mycelium Android wallet. I sent one from Poloniex, one from Localbitcoins and 4 to my Trezor and I had no problem whatsoever.
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2015, 10:00:46 PM

-snip-
Nah look here https://blockchain.info/address/1AEdT62Tgfte4L6ni1e584BT4C1D5CH1tk
You will find the unconfirmed transactions and when checking them i found a double spent as expected..

Thanks... lets see.

Looks like we start here -> https://blockchain.info/de/tx/76e8dd7ea8a89939cf0dac72bdfa0ff961b1a3d555adb6f0ade27db8c9bf385f

However created that TX did not pay a fee.

The change from above unconfirmed TX is used here -> https://blockchain.info/de/tx/25d0095555d24b1325b5d90ac30315f3e53ee688d200de2f456bfbf421bc100a

This TX pays a fee of 0.0001 BTC, but it will not confirmed until the 1st TX is confirmed.

The change from above unconfirmed TX that relies on the 1st unconfirmed TX is used here -> https://blockchain.info/de/tx/d8d0d825daf90c5b6c51995cc5fe09aaf0856c306247e500d5ececf9f405f63d

This TX pays a fee of 0.0001 BTC, but it will not confirmed until the 1st and the 2nd TX are confirmed.

The change from above unconfirmed TX t hat relies on the 2nd unconfirmed .... is used here -> https://blockchain.info/de/tx/905dcf5726a3bfd952d8fc8d28514d401207188216afae8bbb7179fffe75071b

is used here -> https://blockchain.info/de/tx/59d4b6b8483610e4174d50ef3648730ad0b586b8b70daa880f80c8af834f40ea

Yeah.

I see no issues due to malleability. Its just plain not paying a fee and building TXs on top of that in the hopes that it changes anything, which it does not.

tl;dr: Just wait.

-snip-
The transaction I sent as a payment still has no confirmations, while the "returned" transaction has already 3 confirmations.
-snip-

That does not sound right, but I suggest you open your own topic.

snipie
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2015, 10:24:50 PM

Shorena, the first transaction with 0 fee was sent to an address (https://blockchain.info/en/address/19AcLEnoiQWoskfke1YDeweoKMUERBDpHx) that contains this :
Warning! this bitcoin address contains transactions which may be double spends. You should be extremely careful when trusting any transactions to or from this address.

I think that the transaction was double spent from the beginning and the 0 fee will delay the confirmation which in this case will  exceed 48-72h and finally return to the sender. Also blockchain.info support confirm the malleability problem. (am i wrong?)
Regards
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2015, 10:35:54 PM

Shorena, the first transaction with 0 fee was sent to an address (https://blockchain.info/en/address/19AcLEnoiQWoskfke1YDeweoKMUERBDpHx) that contains this :
Warning! this bitcoin address contains transactions which may be double spends. You should be extremely careful when trusting any transactions to or from this address.

I think that the transaction was double spent from the beginning and the 0 fee will delay the confirmation which in this case will  exceed 48-72h and finally return to the sender. Also blockchain.info support confirm the malleability problem. (am i wrong?)
Regards

But the input to 19A... is unspend. If you start from the 1st TX I listed and follow the spend (or rather used) outputs there is only one route and its still intact. I think its more likely that bc.i is answering with a generic reply without actually looking into each specific case. Bc.i also does not show a warning on any of the TX along the line which they usually do if there is a twin TX.

I am not entirely 100% sure you are wrong, but IMHO the signs point to OP trying to get away with a free TX in the middle of a 90k TX spam attack and an ongoing malleability attack, yet none of the attacks are the reason for the delay.

snipie
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2015, 10:45:10 PM

Regards

But the input to 19A... is unspend. If you start from the 1st TX I listed and follow the spend (or rather used) outputs there is only one route and its still intact. I think its more likely that bc.i is answering with a generic reply without actually looking into each specific case. Bc.i also does not show a warning on any of the TX along the line which they usually do if there is a twin TX.

I am not entirely 100% sure you are wrong, but IMHO the signs point to OP trying to get away with a free TX in the middle of a 90k TX spam attack and an ongoing malleability attack, yet none of the attacks are the reason for the delay.
I can see what you mean. Thanks for the answer  Smiley

@OP: there is few wallets that pay your fees like xapo & coinbase if you don't want to spend the 0.0001 fee.
rkandrades (OP)

Bitcoin Faucet & Blog

View Profile
October 09, 2015, 11:47:27 PM

Well... The solution is to wait up to 72h and do not send new transactions between this time?

atcher.
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2015, 04:49:40 AM

Well... The solution is to wait up to 72h and do not send new transactions between this time?

It might take longer, but yes. The solution is to wait until the TX all others depend on confirms or blockchain.info stops broadcasting it. When exactly the later happens I do not know, but IIRC its after 2-3 days.

rkandrades (OP)

Bitcoin Faucet & Blog

View Profile
October 10, 2015, 05:32:55 AM

It might take longer, but yes. The solution is to wait until the TX all others depend on confirms or blockchain.info stops broadcasting it. When exactly the later happens I do not know, but IIRC its after 2-3 days.
Thank you.

I will wait and reply here when all be solved.