Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 01:25:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Saudi Arabian employer accused of chopping off Indian maid’s hand  (Read 1247 times)
pattu1 (OP)

Activity: 675
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 10, 2015, 03:09:52 AM

Saudi Arabian employer accused of chopping off Indian maid’s hand

Is your employer displeased with your work? He might just decide to chop off your hand!

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/oct/09/saudi-arabian-employer-accused-chopping-off-indian-maids-hand-kashturi-munirathinam
vero

Activity: 518

View Profile
October 10, 2015, 03:20:22 AM

Saudis abuse, torture, rape and even murder domestic helpers in Saudi Arabia for many years now. If you defend yourself then you go to jail.

bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 1217

View Profile
October 10, 2015, 07:26:38 PM

I hate to say this. But more than 90% of the women working as maids in Saudi Arabia suffer rape and other forms of sexual violence, sometimes in full view of the female Arabs. It doesn't matter whether the woman is 15-years old or 70-years old. That is why in Sri Lanka, they sterilize the young women, before shipping them to Saudi Arabia.
pattu1 (OP)

View Profile
October 11, 2015, 03:28:24 AM

I hate to say this. But more than 90% of the women working as maids in Saudi Arabia suffer rape and other forms of sexual violence, sometimes in full view of the female Arabs. It doesn't matter whether the woman is 15-years old or 70-years old. That is why in Sri Lanka, they sterilize the young women, before shipping them to Saudi Arabia.

I wouldn't support the Sri Lankan practice either.
If going to Saudi Arabia is akin to slavery, then don't go.
Poverty might be bad, but there is no point in subjecting yourself to a worse fate.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
October 11, 2015, 04:18:38 AM

Poverty might be bad, but there is no point in subjecting yourself to a worse fate.

That depends upon the individual perception. If someone thinks that getting raped is better, when compared to starving to death, then I won't blame that person. But then there are also reports that some of the maids are never paid for their work. I have heard of instances where maids being kept as sex-slaves being denied any wages at all for more than 10 years.

Now Saudi Arabia is going to head the United Nations Human Rights Council. Perhaps, things will change.
Joel_Jantsen
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1308

Get your game girl

View Profile
October 11, 2015, 03:51:43 PM

Everything has its own adversity known to mankind .Now,they way media puts it : Chopping maid's hand for robbery is a crime but robbery itself is a crime .Maybe the maid actually tried to rob something ? I have seen videos of Indian maid miss treating the kids or beating the old folks if no one's at the workplace .Maybe she has actually did something wrong that she deserved such punishment but the other side of the story is never told.Not like I support this but we cant come to a conclusion without knowing the facts .
christycalhoun

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 11, 2015, 06:10:20 PM

Upper class Saudi Arabians still have the slave owner mentality. They get poor somalian/indian/filipino maids all the time and it is de facto slave ownership.

Vika NSFW

Activity: 406

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2015, 08:44:58 PM

Why some people are so intollerant to moderate Saudi Arabia?
This dude have made a mistake to not bring this case on Shariat Court and made DIY?

pattu1 (OP)

View Profile
October 21, 2015, 04:52:44 PM

The efficient police of Saudi Arabia have solved this case! The maid was mentally ill.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/Arm-chopped-maid-mentally-ill-Saudi-cops/articleshow/49426201.cms
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
October 21, 2015, 05:20:01 PM

That depends upon the individual perception. If someone thinks that getting raped is better, when compared to starving to death, then I won't blame that person. But then there are also reports that some of the maids are never paid for their work. I have heard of instances where maids being kept as sex-slaves being denied any wages at all for more than 10 years.

Now Saudi Arabia is going to head the United Nations Human Rights Council. Perhaps, things will change.

LOL!

In 15 short years, the highly effective United Nations is going to achieve some remarkable results.  It says so right in their Agenda 2030 action plan.  Just some little stuff like:  'End poverty in all its forms everywhere'  Utopia in our lifetime!  Won't that be great?

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
October 22, 2015, 02:37:24 AM

Everything has its own adversity known to mankind .Now,they way media puts it : Chopping maid's hand for robbery is a crime but robbery itself is a crime .Maybe the maid actually tried to rob something ?

People like you are a curse to humanity. A few months ago, a Saudi price raped four of his maid servants in California. Perhaps that was also the fault of the victims. And a Saudi diplomat was charged for the rape of two Nepali servants in New Delhi, India. This time also, I hope you are going to blame the victims. Consider the possibility of a maid committing robbery, fully knowing that she can't step out of that house for the next 10-15 years.
isvicre

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 22, 2015, 06:49:40 AM

I understand that kind of thought (preferring to be slave to die) but I still believe people really overrate life in world.
Personally I would prefer to die than being slave. it is not that hard to die. You can basically rebel up against unjustice and got killed. It contains honour at least.
techboy2

Activity: 84
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 22, 2015, 01:38:13 PM

Ban all trade and relations with Saudi Arabia.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
October 22, 2015, 01:41:45 PM

Ban all trade and relations with Saudi Arabia.

LOL... who has the balls to do that? Saudis own the half of the European Union and North America (the other half is owned by the Chinese). Many of the strategic assets in these regions, such as airports and harbors are owned by the Saudis. Without the Saudi investment, many of the European countries will go bankrupt overnight.
techboy2

Activity: 84
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 22, 2015, 06:07:53 PM

Then just nuke them away and take all their resources.
d-trix

Activity: 459

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 02:16:13 AM

The Saudi's and the rest of Arabs are cruel, inhuman, despicable, degenerate specimens. You have to see their arrogance, their cruelty when they torture and beat women, servants like Ethiopians, Filipinos, Indians etc. We have to take a tough stand against them.

Their oil is going to finish one day, and so is their House of Saud. The Country which is biggest Sponsor of Islamic terror! The country which sends the largest amount of money to the terrorist networks in India
bitcoinmar

Activity: 812

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 02:18:54 AM

Who will do this just read post of bryant.coleman its not a easy job for any thing they are too much rich and dumb mind peoples
tvbcof
Legendary

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 02:46:47 AM

Normally I am a big proponent of acting ethically on the world stage if one is a superpower (and doing so would by-n-large make war a thing of the past.)  In the case of the Saudi's, or at least the Saudi Royal Family, I would be sorely tempted to suspend this principle.  As far as I am concerned they are among the most loathsome people to have ever walked the face of the earth.

It would hardly take nukes to screw Saudi Arabia.  The U.S. dropping support for the Royal Family for about 3 months would probably be all that it would take.  Anyway, we'll have no choice but to screw them eventually no matter what we would like to do when we welch on the debts.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 1373

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 03:06:55 AM

Come on you guys. If it is the law of their land, it is the law.

You don't see them coming over here and imposing their law on us. Why do you want to impose your/our law on them?

Give them the freedom to obey their laws just like they give us the freedom to obey our law.

Smiley

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
tvbcof
Legendary

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 03:36:29 AM

Come on you guys. If it is the law of their land, it is the law.

You don't see them coming over here and imposing their law on us. Why do you want to impose your/our law on them?

Give them the freedom to obey their laws just like they give us the freedom to obey our law.

Smiley

The trouble is that by supporting a regime, we automatically become at least partially culpable for whatever actions they take.  It's not just the nation of Saudi Arabia where we (the U.S.) defile ourselves in this manner, but they are one of the most egregious examples.  As far as I can tell we do less than zero to influence them to adhere to practices which approach human decency.  If we wanted to just cut them loose to fend for themselves (e.g., North Korea), that's a different thing.  A trade of them making some minimal progress toward being human fuckin' beings in exchange for our support seems fair to me.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: