Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 09:16:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: bitbattle.me - no deposit, instant bets, ZERO waiting! 0-conf accepted!  (Read 16364 times)
Herbert (OP)

Activity: 488
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2012, 10:47:32 AM
Last edit: November 08, 2013, 10:39:39 PM by Herbert

bitbattle.me - Blockchain gambling improved

More than 250,000 bets placed with a total volume of 140,000 Bitcoin!

Jump straight into action without depositing and waiting for confirmations!
Don't want to wait hours until your bet gets eventually picked up?
Want to roll the dice without spamming the blockchain?
Fed up with your wallet being fragmented?
Want to track your bets in realtime on the website?
Pushing transactions without an opponent gets boring?

bitbattle.me is changing the game! It is inspired by the various dice games, but is adding some unique features:

• Have your own set of permanent bet addresses
  • Track all your bets and sessions with personal statistics
  • Optional incognito mode so only you can see your full stats and history
  • Watch your and other people's bets and sessions live in the browser
  • Multiplayer: Play against a (random) opponent
  • Multiplayer: No luck? Still you can win by taking more risk than your opponent!
  • Multiplayer: bitbattle your buddies with invitation games
  • All kinds of statistics
  • API & sample bot implementation

Most features are available without creating an account or registration! Simply create your player with attached set of Bet addresses - No email, no account, no password to remember! An account is mandatory to be able to start or join multiplayer sessions.

The basic bet system is similar to the various dice sites, but the available bets are spread more equal with win probability steps of ~5%. House edge for all bets is 1.9%.

Checkout the game rules, FAQ, available bets and API description.

Update 2013-06-02:
  • Transaction fees reduced according to current bitcoin-qt client (0.0001 instead of 0.0005)
  • Updated acceptance policy for incoming transactions:
  •  If a transaction has fee >= 0.0005 0.0001, and all inputs are confirmed -> ALLOW
  •  If a transaction has fee < 0.0005 0.0001, but all inputs are confirmed -> ALLOW
  •  If a transaction has fee < 0.0005 0.0001, and at least one input is unconfirmed -> REJECT
  •  If a transaction has at least one unconfirmed input but fee >= 0.0005 0.0001 -> ALLOW
  •  If a transaction has at least one unconfirmed input and fee < 0.0005 0.0001 -> REJECT

Update 2013-05-02:
You can now opt to hide your stats and sessions from public. If you don't want the world to see how much you are betting you can go to your account settings and click on "Anonymize me in public stats".
Enabling this will anonymize or hide most of your personal information:
  • Your dashboard will not be available for other users
  • Your player name, sessions and transactionIDs will be replaced by '****' in all public statistics
  • Your personal statistics will not be available for other users

Update 2013-03-19:
  • API extension: Now it is possible to obtain detailed information about player's bet addresses, win odds etc. in json-format. Just take player's dashboard url and append /json/ at the end. (Sample: http://bitbattle.me/player/herbert/json/)
    More details in section "Player information" in the API description.

Update 2013-03-16:
  • Display improvements: All bitcoin amounts are now rounded to 4 digits instead of 3 digits and have a tooltip with the exact amount on mouse-over.
  • Socket.io-based API available! Check out the documentation at http://bitbattle.me/api/
  • Open-source sample bot written in Python, including simple martingale strategy, available on GitHub.

Update 2013-02-18:
  • The "Get started" page now contains a section for optional account creation. (Note that for account creation no email confirmation is necessary, so you could register with fake email. However in this case there is no possibility to help you in case you forgot your password.)
  • If you are logged in you have a dropdown menu on your username (top right of navbar) with shortlinks the the dashboard(s) of your player. (Yes, you can have multiple players connected with your account)
  • If you are logged in, every player you create will automatically be linked to your account
  • You can link your existing anonymous player to your account. Click on the "connect to account" button in the player's dashbord and follow the instructions (You will have to sign a message with your payout bitcoin address to prove ownership).
  • It is no longer possible to close other player's sessions (You can only close sessions of your own player when you are logged in)
  • It is no longer possible to start or join a multiplayer session with other players. (You can only do this with your own player when you are logged in)
  • It is no longer possible to create multiple players with the same name. Existing duplicates have been renamed.

Update 2013-02-08:
  • Player-related urls now using 'slug' based on playername instead of uuid (example: http://bitbattle.me/player/herbert/). Old bookmarks are still valid, they will redirect to the new urls.
  • Running sessions table in dashboard and index page now show the remaining seconds until session timeout
  • Fixed a rare racecondition while closing sessions that could lead to duplicate payment objects, resulting in no payment being made (Thanks to R33F for helping to track down this bug!)

Update 2013-02-01:
  • Bet limits raised by 66%! Win up to 50 Bitcoin with a single bet!

Update 2013-02-01:
  • Make the notification of waiting multiplayer game more prominent, including waiting opponents name.
  • Make sure to close multiplayer sessions in time even when no bet was placed.
  • Inform player about remaining seconds if he wants to close a session early.
  • Added info on transaction acceptance policy to rules
  • Show timestamp in payments history

Update 2013-01-28:
New statistics and various small UI fixes:

Update 2013-01-12:
  • Placing multiple bets of the same type within one transaction is now allowed
  • Extended double-spend protection. Incoming transactions are now checked based on these rules (and some more  Wink):
  •  If a transaction has fee >= 0.0005, and all inputs are confirmed -> ALLOW
  •  If a transaction has fee < 0.0005, but all inputs are confirmed -> ALLOW
  •  If a transaction has fee < 0.0005, and at least one input is unconfirmed -> REJECT
  •  If a transaction has at least one unconfirmed input but fee (>= 0.0005) -> ALLOW
  •  If a transaction has at least one unconfirmed input and fee < 0.0005 -> REJECT

Update 2013-01-05:
  • Rework session close logic to prevent deadlocks
  • Add some more crosslinks to blockchain.info for transactions and addresses
  • Improve live connection for IE users (now using flashsocket)

Update 2012-12-29:
  • Fix display bug when other player's bets show up in dashboard
  • (hopefully) fix display bug when bets show up multiple times in dashboard
  • Closing a session is now only allowed 30 seconds after the last bet has been placed
  • Increase maximum bet stakes by 50%!

Update 2012-12-22:
  • You can search for bets by transactionID (Button "Lookup Tx" on main page)
  • Rejected bets now have tooltip on mouseover which states the reason for being rejected
  • Refund payments now have a tooltip on mouseover which states the reason for the refund
  • Some additional minor fixes

Update 2012-12-19:
  • No more bet timeout for singleplayer sessions
  • Increase session timeout to 10 minutes
  • Added "close session" button to session details page
  • Increase bet timeout in multiplayer sessions from 75 to 90 seconds
  • Decrease bet limit to 50 bets/session

Update 2012-12-18:
  • TxFee calculation now follows the same rules like the official bitcoin client. Payout transactions should get faster confirmations now.
  • The issue of too little confirmed balance in the hot wallet ("Wallet depleted" error) should not occur (so often) anymore.
  • Payments are now handled asynchronously. You will notice that all payment start in state "pending" and after a short time (usually <1 second) switch to status "paid"

Update 2012-12-14:
  • The lucky number is now displayed in the session log
  • The number of bets per session is now limited to prevent huge sessions like Carlos produced ;-).
  • When a game is closed the reason for closing is displayed (bet limit reached, time limit reached etc.)
  • Fix: Pending Payment issue caused by huge sessions
  • Fix: Refunds in multiplayer sessions caused an internal error and were stuck
  • Fix: After a bet is rejected due to insufficient wallet balance you had to open/close a multiplayer session in order to be able to bet again

Update 2012-12-11:
  • Invitation links are back!
  • The "Start Multiplayer" link will now change to "Join multiplayer" when another player started a multiplayer session. This should make it a bit easier to have a multiplayer session as you immediately see when one is started...

www.bitcoinmonitor.net - Free payment notification via email, newsfeed, xpmm/jabber, url callback and full API access!
Send SMS with www.txt4coins.net! No registration, pay-per-use, full API access, bulk messages - All inclusive!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Herbert (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2012, 10:48:54 AM
Last edit: November 17, 2012, 10:06:19 PM by Herbert

The first to click this invitatin link (within 5 minutes):

<invitation link removed>

Will bitbattle against me :-)

Edit: Removed the invitation link as it is no longer valid due to database reset!

www.bitcoinmonitor.net - Free payment notification via email, newsfeed, xpmm/jabber, url callback and full API access!
Send SMS with www.txt4coins.net! No registration, pay-per-use, full API access, bulk messages - All inclusive!
Herbert (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2012, 12:42:18 AM

Fixed two issues today regarding timezones:
  • Secret was revealed 2 hours too early :-)
  • Bet creation date/time now includes timezone offset information.

I noticed that sometimes games waiting for opponent don't get closed properly when no one joins, resulting in the next player joining a game playing basically alone as the game starter abandoned the game already hours ago. I hope to get that fixed soon with some more improvements...

Herbert (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2012, 09:39:44 PM

Site update:
  • Problem with joining abandoned/old games is solved
  • The "Start playing" button on the main page now indicates if a player is currently waiting for an opponent (Button label will switch to "Join waiting player!")

FreeMoney
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1014

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2012, 12:44:20 AM

Am I misunderstanding or can you beat any of us no matter what since you have no cost in betting more and more since it isn't even really a bet for you?

Play Bitcoin Poker at sealswithclubs.eu. We're active and open to everyone.
Herbert (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2012, 06:55:15 AM

Am I misunderstanding or can you beat any of us no matter what since you have no cost in betting more and more since it isn't even really a bet for you?
Hmm - never really thought of it this way. You are right, I could try to join as much games as possible and always play a higher risk than the other player.

If you want to be sure that I do not trick you into a high risk game you can use the invitation game feature - I would have a hard time joining your invitation games without you noticing it.

How is this problem solved on other sites? I think the same scenario can be applied more or less to most online games where multiple anonymous players are involved. How can you make sure that all players are "real" and not just socket puppets from the bank?

nelisky
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 31, 2012, 09:51:47 AM

Most online games are individual? I'm involved with diceoncrack and taabl, and I can certainly throw all the coins at either and then recover them (well, ttbit might not be too happy with that, but in theory). Sure, I'm playing "for free" but I'm not displacing anybody else's chance of winning.

Or are there other PvP games out there that I'm not aware of?
SRoulette

Activity: 364
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2012, 10:33:05 AM

The basic bet system is similar to the various dice sites, but the available bets are spread more equal with win probability steps of ~5%.

Great new game Smiley
Though we beg to differ on this one point, Our clone dice game offers probability steps of 1%.

Herbert (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2012, 03:06:47 PM

New game mode: Singleplayer

Now you can get used to bitbattle.me by running single-player games.
The rules are the same, the only difference is that you have no opponent, so you don't risk having to share your win with your opponent. Of course this also means you miss the chance to increase your win by grabbing a share of your opponent's win!

So from pure game mechanics this singleplayer mode is very similar to the existing *dice games, but on technical level has some significant differences:
  • The concept of a game with bet timeouts and game timeout
  • The betting addresses are individual for each game
  • Live update of game website with each placed bet
  • Your win is payed only when the game is over, not after each bet
  • There is no payout on lost bets
Especially the last two points might be interesting, as this prevents your wallet (and the blockchain) from being flooded with tiny transactions.

Having said that, i consider Singleplayer mode the "training mission" for the real thing. Get used to the game mechanics and the way risk score is calculated, then join the multiplayer games for the real fun  Grin

Herbert (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2012, 09:24:59 AM
Last edit: November 05, 2012, 11:25:25 AM by Herbert

Currently the server is not reachable. I am checking with the datacenter whats going on...

Edit:
All up and running again!

Herbert (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2012, 09:40:24 PM

Server will be down for approximately one day due to some infrastructure changes. For compensation there will be some exciting new features when it launches again!

Herbert (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2012, 10:01:58 PM

Server up again with some major new features:
  • Have your own set of permanent bet addresses
  • Track all your bets and sessions with personal statistics
  • Watch your and other people's bets and sessions live in the browser
  • All kinds of statistics

And:
  • House edge is down to 1.8% for all bets
  • Max bet amounts are doubled for all bets

And this all without accounts or registration Grin!

=> Check the updated first post for more details or visit bitbattle.me right away!

Herbert (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2012, 10:59:45 PM

bitbattle.me now officially supports "sendmany" transactions!
Sample session: http://bitbattle.me/game/8afa3fcb48e14274900051e2591a1114/
All three bets of this session were included in one transaction. (And all of them lost Cheesy)

SteamGamesBTC.com

Activity: 734
Merit: 507

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2012, 10:04:09 PM
Last edit: November 29, 2012, 04:10:49 PM by steamgames

I've tested singeplayer and it works fine. Very fast and clean. Looks like a good alternative to laggy satoshidice. Cheers.

My tests cost me 15 BTC. ;-) WON/LOST 8/19 @ 50%

SteamGamesBTC.com
> Automatic 24/7 bot: purchase any Steam game 20% cheaper with Bitcoin! <
Herbert (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2012, 03:18:13 PM

Thanks for your feedback steamgames!
I noticed that someone created a player with an invalid payout address and actually won 0.35302. Naturally the transaction is still in "pending" state. So, if you read this please contact me so we can sort this out - In the meantime I'm back to coding to improve validation of payout addresses :-)

Edit:
Another thing, some user probably by mistake created a new player for each session. This is not necessary, the idea is that you just create a player once and then keep using it for as many sessions as you like. Whenever you place a bet by sending some coins to one of your bet addresses a new session is automatically started. Or, in other words: If you created a player the bet addresses are permanent, they will NOT expire when your session ends.

Herbert (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2012, 11:17:27 PM
Last edit: January 07, 2013, 11:02:23 PM by Herbert

In case you did not realize it - The player stats were totally wonky Tongue. This is fixed now (together with better validation of Bitcoin Address when creating a new player)!
Right now jammm is by far the most active player with 348 bets.

Herbert (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2012, 07:06:29 PM

Tadaaa! (Insert your favorite fanfare here)

Player srmagic was the lucky guy to make bitbattle.me reach a significant first milestone: 1000th bet!, placed today at 17:28:41+0100 (unfortunately lost once again  Wink)

I did not expect to hit this number of bets so fast, so I take this as a sign of both trust and really having fun - Thank you to everyone who used the site so far!

There are already a lot of improvements planned, especially I want to focus on the multiplayer part. Right now there are just too few players so it is very unlikely that you get an opponent when starting a multiplayer session. Naturally, this can only be changed by you :-) While the active player base is reaching critical mass for multiplayer I am working on making it a smoother experience. First thing on the list is to make it possible to join multiplayer game with your existing player, instead of always needing to handle temporary bet addresses.

So stay tuned and keep rolling  Grin

Rubix

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 01, 2012, 12:53:12 AM

Had a bit of a play under the name Rocket.

Nice that you get the results so quick. Though it would be great if there was a button on the player dashboard to instantly end a session and get paid out (without having to leave the page)

I used a wallet with a small balance when testing and had to forever navigate away from the page when the wallet was out of cash, to then get my winnings paid out, navigate back to the page and keep going.

Other than that.. I like it!

Did not venture onto the multiplayer part yet though as things seemed very quiet.
Herbert (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2012, 11:49:25 PM

Good point about being able to stop a singleplayer session. I will definitely add this Wink

Herbert (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2012, 11:06:55 PM

Update launched today:

• New "Get started!" page that should be more user-friendly
  • "Find Player" on the frontpage to directly locate your player dashboard
  • You can now start/join multiplayer sessions with your player
  • Your bet addresses are now shown in a dedicated popup-window, so you can always keep them around
  • whole bunch of UI design/layout improvements and cleanups

Unfortunately one nice feature did not make the change: Right now you can not create invitation sessions anymore. But this feature will come back soon  Wink

And did I mention that win payouts of bitbattle.me do not directly rely on the outpoints of incoming bets? So even if some double-spends would come through this will have no effect on people's win payouts.  Cool

Btw:
Good point about being able to stop a singleplayer session. I will definitely add this Wink
This is not as easy as it sounded in the beginning Smiley Since the whole site works without authentication there is no easy way to prevent anybody from closing your running session if I just add an according link. So this feature is not (yet) in.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: