Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 06:55:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: bitbattle.me - no deposit, instant bets, ZERO waiting! 0-conf accepted!  (Read 16369 times)
IXIslimIXI

Activity: 117
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 18, 2012, 11:57:13 PM

Bad news:
Somehow i managed to break the interesting part of multiplayer - Currently the risk score is not taken into account for payout calculation. Will fix that ASAP and then start on the other topics  Cheesy
Fixed! This was just a display issue - accidently I showed the calculated payout also in the "win" row.
Example: http://bitbattle.me/game/bfacdfc7e530466cab55a3756290e26d/

a little chat feature inside the multiplayer session would be cool
This is the top item already on my multiplayer TODO-List  Wink
Groovy... Will be interesting how you accomplish this without registered user accounts. Cheesy
Well, maybe I should rename TODO into WISH then Wink

lol. understood!!
Herbert (OP)

Activity: 488
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2012, 10:16:08 PM
Last edit: December 19, 2012, 11:22:22 PM by Herbert

Okay, changes regarding session and bet timeouts are now online!
  • No more bet timeout for singleplayer sessions
  • Increase session timeout to 10 minutes
  • Added "close session" button to session details page
  • Increase bet timeout in multiplayer sessions from 75 to 90 seconds
  • Decrease bet limit to 50 bets/session

As discussed this has the drawback that anybody can close your running session, but in the end it still might be more comfortable for the player. Give it a try and let me know what you think!

www.bitcoinmonitor.net - Free payment notification via email, newsfeed, xpmm/jabber, url callback and full API access!
Send SMS with www.txt4coins.net! No registration, pay-per-use, full API access, bulk messages - All inclusive!
IXIslimIXI

View Profile
December 19, 2012, 10:53:04 PM

Cool, I'll let you know how it plays.

Been running smooth all day today! You know, except for all the coins I've lost. lol
ingrownpocket
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 20, 2012, 09:26:48 AM

https://blockchain.info/tx/02c84cc8894b85649427ad6d2a97f043655c6f65d3a52105ff5b4679bc6cdb95
https://blockchain.info/tx/212b58871024af77e93e8ad9a3f40e171cee965eb7598d918d9aec190364549f
https://blockchain.info/tx/5ba1779377ec57a29e738254e47e46d8cb724fda99b6c2479132c3d62f1bf42d
https://blockchain.info/tx/9a577158719dd741383a45a2bd85e56051871dc04a02623feef6acad7a5d8079
https://blockchain.info/tx/e10e0e288b3f9a2df9e37048e63768a9502fc45a1405f3311ed126ad44ddd620

What happened with this bets? Are they stuck?
Herbert (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2012, 09:50:11 AM

There was a problem this morning. Somehow the notification for incoming transactions was stuck while all services in general kept running fine. So no monitoring alert was triggered and the transactions just ignored :-(

@Carlos: Your bets have been placed now.

@All: If you are missing any bet please provide me the transactionIDs so I can double-check that they have been handled in the meantime.

www.bitcoinmonitor.net - Free payment notification via email, newsfeed, xpmm/jabber, url callback and full API access!
Send SMS with www.txt4coins.net! No registration, pay-per-use, full API access, bulk messages - All inclusive!
Herbert (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2012, 11:53:38 AM
Last edit: December 22, 2012, 12:06:58 PM by Herbert

Site will be down a few minutes for some updates - Stay tuned!

Update:
  • You can search for bets by transactionID (Button "Lookup Tx" on main page)
  • Rejected bets now have tooltip on mouseover which states the reason for being rejected
  • Refund payments now have a tooltip on mouseover which states the reason for the refund
  • Some additional minor fixes

Note that the reject/refund reasons will only be there for new entries.

Herbert (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2012, 12:18:35 PM

Just had an idea about the "close session" button:

How about enabling the "close session" button only when no bet has been place for something like 1 minute? This way the "vandalism problem" of somebody closing your running session just to annoy you could be at least reduced.

IXIslimIXI

View Profile
December 22, 2012, 03:45:47 PM

Just had an idea about the "close session" button:

How about enabling the "close session" button only when no bet has been place for something like 1 minute? This way the "vandalism problem" of somebody closing your running session just to annoy you could be at least reduced.

I like the idea personally. But, more like 30 seconds. Otherwise, IMO, it will be just like it was before if someone wants to end the session early. That way, even if the bettor was delayed for a couple of bets then it would take odd timing of the random unscrupulous individual to be looking right when the timer was enabled. Great idea bud
IXIslimIXI

View Profile
December 22, 2012, 09:00:44 PM

How about a way to see if there are any open multiplayer sessions open that arent currently playing? like a session that just has one person so we dont have to try and enter a room. I bet more people will play them if you could see that
Herbert (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2012, 11:27:45 AM

Last night the handling of incoming bets was stuck.
Affected players were "SlickTheNick", "Sluice", "slim", "ConnorCG", "Doomed" and "avl42". System has catched up now and all your bets have been placed. I am really sorry for the delay and looking hard to find the root cause, as this is now the second time this has happened  Angry

How about a way to see if there are any open multiplayer sessions open that arent currently playing? like a session that just has one person so we dont have to try and enter a room. I bet more people will play them if you could see that
You can already tell by the label of the "Start Multiplayer" button in your dashboard. As soon as someon starts a multiplayer session, the button label changes to "Join Multiplayer". But I agree this is not very prominent/visible - I try to improve that  Smiley

AvL42

Activity: 216
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 23, 2012, 12:27:21 PM

Actually, my bets were all processed with no noticeable delay, however the result casually shows up multiple (as in 20 or so) times.

I'm glad about prolongation of session timeout to a couple of minutes, but I'd really want to be able to delay/collect my payouts for even longer period, like days if not weeks...   If you're afraid of being "used" as a bank, then perhaps a payout could still happen once the amount grows beyond "dust" (e.g. >=0.01 or even 0.1BTC) such that (at least typically) no fee would be required.
Herbert (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2012, 01:15:44 PM

Just deployed some improvements which should either fix the problem of stuck bets or help me fix it when it appears again. As expected it is some kind of concurrency problem  Roll Eyes

IXIslimIXI

View Profile
December 23, 2012, 04:56:38 PM

Last night the handling of incoming bets was stuck.
Affected players were "SlickTheNick", "Sluice", "slim", "ConnorCG", "Doomed" and "avl42". System has catched up now and all your bets have been placed. I am really sorry for the delay and looking hard to find the root cause, as this is now the second time this has happened  Angry

You can already tell by the label of the "Start Multiplayer" button in your dashboard. As soon as someon starts a multiplayer session, the button label changes to "Join Multiplayer". But I agree this is not very prominent/visible - I try to improve that  Smiley

Ah, ok... I didn't realize that. That is helpful but, something more glaring and something that shows up while another player is in a session may entice more people to join a Msession. Of course, a chat feature would allow us to just ask. Wink
IXIslimIXI

View Profile
December 23, 2012, 04:58:25 PM

PS.... check your email Smiley
Herbert (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2012, 05:34:41 PM

PS.... check your email Smiley
Done  Grin

IXIslimIXI

View Profile
December 29, 2012, 02:05:27 AM

Would it be possible to only see bets placed by the person who's profile you have open? For instance, I have my profile open but it is showing everyone else's bets instead of just mine. Can't we just use the main page for viewing all bets and then when you go in to a user profile it just shows the bets made by that profile?
IXIslimIXI

View Profile
December 29, 2012, 02:07:50 AM

Would it be possible to only see bets placed by the person who's profile you have open? For instance, I have my profile open but it is showing everyone else's bets instead of just mine. Can't we just use the main page for viewing all bets and then when you go in to a user profile it just shows the bets made by that profile?

Especially since the Bet logs while in a user profile have no names attached to the entry
AvL42

Activity: 216
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 29, 2012, 02:46:21 AM

Especially since the Bet logs while in a user profile have no names attached to the entry

I see that symptom casually coming and going: Suddenly I see other users' bets
on my dashboard, and a refresh later I see again only my own bets.
Ditto the other bug where the latest bet result is shown umpty times, but all's
back to ok after a page-reload.

PS: ceterum censeo automatic session-timeout delendam esse Smiley
Herbert (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2012, 10:43:21 AM

I see that symptom casually coming and going: Suddenly I see other users' bets
on my dashboard, and a refresh later I see again only my own bets.
Ditto the other bug where the latest bet result is shown umpty times, but all's
back to ok after a page-reload.

Hmm, obvious bugs! Should be an easy fix on the javascript/template side - Will check that later today.

PS: ceterum censeo automatic session-timeout delendam esse Smiley
Hah, you made me lol :-) Will think about that a bit more. If there is no session timeout at all the number of ongoing sessions will increase with increase of userbase and at some point be a ressource problem. But I could increase the session timeout again. With current limit of 50 bets/session most users will eventually hit that limit anyway...

Herbert (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2012, 12:27:57 PM
Last edit: December 29, 2012, 01:14:26 PM by Herbert

Update:
  • Fix display bug when other player's bets show up in dashboard
  • (hopefully) fix display bug when bets show up multiple times in dashboard
  • Increase maximum bet stakes by 50%!

Last point should provide especially Martingale-style player a bit more fun  Wink

Edit:
Additional change: Closing a session is now only allowed 30 seconds after the last bet has been placed.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: