Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 06:37:34 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: bitbattle.me - no deposit, instant bets, ZERO waiting! 0-conf accepted!  (Read 16369 times)
Herbert (OP)

Activity: 488
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2013, 11:21:57 PM
Last edit: February 08, 2013, 11:39:37 PM by Herbert

Site will be down for a few minutes for an update!

Update:
  • Player-related urls now using 'slug' based on playername instead of uuid (example: http://bitbattle.me/player/herbert/). Old bookmarks are still valid, they will redirect to the new urls.
  • Running sessions table in dashboard and index page now show the remaining seconds until session timeout
  • Fixed a rare racecondition while closing sessions that could lead to duplicate payment objects, resulting in no payment being made (Thanks to R33F for helping to track down this bug!)

www.bitcoinmonitor.net - Free payment notification via email, newsfeed, xpmm/jabber, url callback and full API access!
Send SMS with www.txt4coins.net! No registration, pay-per-use, full API access, bulk messages - All inclusive!
IXIslimIXI

Activity: 117
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 08, 2013, 11:34:43 PM

Sites back up. Bets aren't working Tongue
IXIslimIXI

View Profile
February 08, 2013, 11:36:16 PM

Remember that conversation we had a while back where I was concerned about people closing each others sessions... Well, someone just closed mine and I'm pretty sure it's happened before. Kind of retarded but I knew it would happen. Regardless, I like the setup the way it is, just thought I would point out that it's happening. Wink
Oh my, like expected Roll Eyes I think the only way to get this sorted is to add optional accounts. So when you have created an account you can only close sessions when you are logged in, but without the 30 seconds waiting time. When you don't have an account everything stays like it is.
And as a bonus this will be the enabler for adding chat in multiplayer sessions :-)

I would LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE this feature (optional accounts). Purdy please can I has accountz?

Herbert (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2013, 11:45:11 PM

Remember that conversation we had a while back where I was concerned about people closing each others sessions... Well, someone just closed mine and I'm pretty sure it's happened before. Kind of retarded but I knew it would happen. Regardless, I like the setup the way it is, just thought I would point out that it's happening. Wink
Oh my, like expected Roll Eyes I think the only way to get this sorted is to add optional accounts. So when you have created an account you can only close sessions when you are logged in, but without the 30 seconds waiting time. When you don't have an account everything stays like it is.
And as a bonus this will be the enabler for adding chat in multiplayer sessions :-)

I would LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE this feature (optional accounts). Purdy please can I has accountz?

Lol  Grin Yes, this feature will come! But i have no timeline yet, as this requires quite some changes everywhere...

Hmm, are you missing a bet? Please let me know the transactionID, then I will check it. There is a small chance that it got lost during the restart of the backend. It should be picked up anyway soon if it got lost, but i can speed up the process :-)

www.bitcoinmonitor.net - Free payment notification via email, newsfeed, xpmm/jabber, url callback and full API access!
Send SMS with www.txt4coins.net! No registration, pay-per-use, full API access, bulk messages - All inclusive!
IXIslimIXI

View Profile
February 08, 2013, 11:47:30 PM

Lol  Grin Yes, this feature will come! But i have no timeline yet, as this requires quite some changes everywhere...

Hmm, are you missing a bet? Please let me know the transactionID, then I will check it. There is a small chance that it got lost during the restart of the backend. It should be picked up anyway soon if it got lost, but i can speed up the process :-)

Sure Sure... a LIKELY answer!!! Just dangle that carrot!!! lol

Two, actually...
https://blockchain.info/tx/828485c809108594049354e8593f04cc1c4fafa83e634c7bfa4fb98d8a0d6b1f
https://blockchain.info/tx/f01e4973537fbf52019777f2cc5e4208242881e56010188e8ac3bdda48b4f11b
Herbert (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2013, 12:02:42 AM

Got 'em: http://bitbattle.me/game/584134d77d91443982ffb770c646997e/
That is two wins!  Grin

IXIslimIXI

View Profile
February 09, 2013, 12:20:04 AM

Wewt.... only 200btc to go! jk jk
AvL42

Activity: 216
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 09, 2013, 07:02:04 PM

Haven't watched this thread lately...
My bets were also seeming to attract bad luck streaks much more than the healthy mix of wins and losses,
and those few wins were eaten up by tx-fees for the much too soon payouts.  As I always said, my pet-peeve
was not about a troll ending my session within five minutes, but instead the system itself taking the part of the
troll ending my sessions much too soon, and doing so *always*.

At some point I wondered, if the secrets could *theoretically* be chosen such, that they'd lead to a non-uniform
distribution of lucky-numbers when used with tx-hashes. Everyone seems to believe that because sha256-hashes
look like random noise, that they'd actually be random noise. The actual entropy may however be much smaller...

If at some point I was able to defer payouts for a week and do "greater than Lucky#" bets, I might actually come
back for some more bets :-)
Herbert (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2013, 11:51:55 PM

Haven't watched this thread lately...
My bets were also seeming to attract bad luck streaks much more than the healthy mix of wins and losses,
and those few wins were eaten up by tx-fees for the much too soon payouts.  As I always said, my pet-peeve
was not about a troll ending my session within five minutes, but instead the system itself taking the part of the
troll ending my sessions much too soon, and doing so *always*.
Well, personally I don't really see this issue. Maybe I have to see it in another way - forget about the sessions, but just gamble and collect your earnings in your account and cash out whenever you want. Will see if I can add something like this when the optional accounts are done. But it's not the top item on my Todo-list as it is conceptual quite different from the current implementation.

At some point I wondered, if the secrets could *theoretically* be chosen such, that they'd lead to a non-uniform
distribution of lucky-numbers when used with tx-hashes. Everyone seems to believe that because sha256-hashes
look like random noise, that they'd actually be random noise. The actual entropy may however be much smaller...
To my knowledge there is no way to influence the lucky-number distribution by chosing a specific secret. As it is combined with transactionID and output index I can only control part of the input, resulting in a total random lucky number. At least this is my understanding how the hashing works  Smiley

If at some point I was able to defer payouts for a week and do "greater than Lucky#" bets, I might actually come
back for some more bets :-)
I'll let you know when this is possible :-)

Herbert (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2013, 11:53:54 PM

Update today:
  • improve the layout of the session details page
  • Add your current stake in the session details page

AvL42

View Profile
February 12, 2013, 01:06:00 PM

... As I always said, my pet-peeve was not about a troll ending my session within five minutes,
but instead the system itself taking the part of the troll ending my sessions much too soon, and doing so *always*.
Well, personally I don't really see this issue. Maybe I have to see it in another way - forget about the sessions,
but just gamble and collect your earnings in your account and cash out whenever you want.

About "seeing the issue": it's an issue of low-volume gamblers. If you're only interested
in high-volume gamblers, then don't bother changing anything Wink

otherwise...
yeah, that would be what I really wanted.  I wouldn't care about sessions, if payout
wasn't coupled to it. (Originally, I thought that payout-management was the very point
for existence of sessions, so therefore I believed prolonging sessions would be the only
reasonable way.)
Herbert (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2013, 10:53:10 AM

Optional accounts feature is making good progress!

Basically there is one topic remaining: If you create an account you can connect your existing anonymous player with your account. But you need to prove that the anonymous account is really yours. Right now this is implemented using the "sign message" feature of bitcoin: You sign a message with the players payout address, if i can successfully verify the signature the player is connected with your account.
But this is only tested/working with the official bitcoin client. Not all clients support this feature, at least with blockchain.info wallet I did not find this functionality.

So, any suggestions how to prove ownership of an existing player if the sign message feature is not available to you?

Herbert (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2013, 01:31:23 PM

Scammer alert!

It looks like some clever guy is creating players with the same name and same vanity bitcoin payout address like frequent players. Obviously he is hoping that you place your bets on the wrong player, resulting in all payouts going into scammers pocket.

I will update the site ASAP to force uniqueness of player names to prevent this issue. Until this is in place please double-check that you are using the correct player!

See http://bitbattle.me/player/slim/, http://bitbattle.me/player/slim-2/ and http://bitbattle.me/player/slim-3/ for an example...

AvL42

View Profile
February 18, 2013, 09:05:36 PM

So, any suggestions how to prove ownership of an existing player if the sign message feature is not available to you?

Blockchain-wallet users have some control over what addresses to make a transaction *from*, so
maybe requesting a new bet be made from the anonymous account's payout-address might work.

Still wouldn't work for instawallet(and equiv.)-users...

PS: I'm not sure about that "same name" business. Do they really use exactly
the same name,  and your software didn't already prevent it? Or is it just about
"looking" the same as by use of certain unicode-chars that look similar to ascii-chars?
Herbert (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2013, 09:54:26 PM

Blockchain-wallet users have some control over what addresses to make a transaction *from*, so
maybe requesting a new bet be made from the anonymous account's payout-address might work.

Still wouldn't work for instawallet(and equiv.)-users...
Good point. I was actually surprised that blockchain wallet does not provide the sign message feature. I think I saw it there before... Anyway for now I will only implement automatic verification based on bitcoins sign message feature. Other ways need to be done manually.

PS: I'm not sure about that "same name" business. Do they really use exactly
the same name,  and your software didn't already prevent it? Or is it just about
"looking" the same as by use of certain unicode-chars that look similar to ascii-chars?
Funny enough in the "slim"-example the scammer used slightly different names, probably expecting that the same name would be rejected ;-) But the site allows to use exactly the same name, as long as as the payout address is different. There is only a unique constraint on the combination name + payout address.
Really should have added that unique constraint on the name in the beginning...

Anyway, will start rolling out the update in a few minutes!

Herbert (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2013, 10:21:13 PM

Site will be down a few minutes for upgrading...

Herbert (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2013, 10:50:07 PM

Okay, up and running with some major update - optional account registration!

• The "Get started" page now contains a section for optional account creation.
  • If you are logged in you have a dropdown menu on your username (top right of navbar) with shortlinks the the dashboard(s) of your player. (Yes, you can have multiple players connected with your account)
  • If you are logged in, every player you create will automatically be linked to your account
  • You can link your existing anonymous player to your account. Click on the "connect to account" button in the player's dashbord and follow the instructions (You will have to sign a message with your payout bitcoin address to prove ownership).
  • It is no longer possible to close other player's sessions (You can only close sessions of your own player when you are logged in)
  • It is no longer possible to start or join a multiplayer session with other players. (You can only do this with your own player when you are logged in)
  • It is no longer possible to create multiple players with the same name. Existing duplicates have been renamed.

Note that for account creation no email confirmation is necessary, so you can also register with fake email. However in this case there is no possibility to help you in case you forgot your password.

Herbert (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2013, 08:53:10 PM

Another small update:
Since closing a session is now only allowed for registered players: The 30 seconds waiting time until you can close a session is now removed - You can close your sessions without any waiting time Grin.

Herbert (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2013, 09:34:54 PM

Another small update:
Anonymous players now again can close their sessions with the old 30 seconds timeout. Registered players of course still can close their sessions without waiting!

Herbert (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2013, 12:22:49 PM

It's been quite quiet here, so time for an intermediate update!
The new optional registration feature seems to work nicely, also site stability and performance has evolved nicely. We are only ~400 bets short of 100000 placed bets!

Right now I am working on three areas:
  • Upgrading my bitcoind backend to the 0.8 codebase
  • Usersettings so you can define your own bet limits, session limits, timeouts etc. (And probably an "incognito" playing mode)
  • API to enable integration with other websites, apps or implement gambling bots

The API is already coming along nicely - I hope to have it finished within the next few days, including a sample martingale bot implementation. Actually it is already working fine in my test environment, but still needs some cleanups and documentation. Only problem is the limited time i can spare for this at the moment :-)

And if you are following the discussion about SatoshiDice vs. the blocksize limit vs. dust spam transactions etc - I think it would be safe to recommend anybody to use bitbattle.me instead of SatoshiDice if you want to improve the situation here!
I don't think that the blocksize limit is a real issue by SatoshiDice - we would hit that limit anyway some time in the future. But what really bothers me is the blockchain bloat with the dust transactions. Using the blockchain for this kind of information is just plain wrong in my opinion.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: