Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 09:59:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to transfer data (signed and unsigned Armory transactions) using audio?  (Read 578 times)
pf (OP)

Activity: 176
Merit: 105

View Profile
October 10, 2015, 10:40:16 AM

I wanted to transfer unsigned Armory transactions from online computer to offline computer, and signed Armory transactions from offline computer to online computer, using QR codes, webcam, and the software QtQR.

It didn't work. The webcam simply couldn't focus well enough. So this solution doesn't work.

So my next question now is: How do I transfer them using audio (microphone and speakers)?

Is there any ready-made software out there for Linux that makes this simple?
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
unamis76
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1005

View Profile
October 10, 2015, 10:06:23 PM

Here's something to get you started on that. Haven't tested it myself yet, though Smiley There's also this, but I never managed to get it working.
pf (OP)

Activity: 176
Merit: 105

View Profile
October 11, 2015, 10:25:17 AM

Here's something to get you started on that. Haven't tested it myself yet, though Smiley There's also this, but I never managed to get it working.

I tried that audio stuff. Didn't work out for me.

So I went back to QR codes.

QtQR doesn't work because there's too much information in a QR code with a whole Armory transaction and the webcams couldn't focus well enough on it. Dividing the transaction data up manually to multiple QR code would have been very tedious.

Instead, I found and used this software which automates the process: https://github.com/anderson-/Eye-Fi It actually worked! I'm going to write a tutorial on it soon.
unamis76
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1005

View Profile
October 11, 2015, 01:22:13 PM

I tried that audio stuff. Didn't work out for me.

So I went back to QR codes.

QtQR doesn't work because there's too much information in a QR code with a whole Armory transaction and the webcams couldn't focus well enough on it. Dividing the transaction data up manually to multiple QR code would have been very tedious.

Instead, I found and used this software which automates the process: https://github.com/anderson-/Eye-Fi It actually worked! I'm going to write a tutorial on it soon.

Neither of those systems worked for you? Newar said the audio system he recommended still works for him...

I have exactly the same issue as you with webcam focusing and reception of the whole QR code. I'm not sure what webcam do you use, but I'm using an old PS2 Eye Toy webcan I had around. It's actually the only "webcam" I've ever had Cheesy it only has 1mpx, I think, so I usually divide the transaction info over several QR codes... I guess I'll just have to get an official Raspberry Pi camera sooner or later, 5mpx will definitely improve things.

The software you linked seems quite nice... Things to consider when I finally decide to improve my offline system.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: