Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 08:17:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hello all, here!  (Read 865 times)
KStarVideo (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 10, 2015, 11:08:34 AM

I figure if I'm going to get started on this forum, the best I can do is introduce myself.

My name is Kris and I'm a freelance videographer and writer from Atlanta, Georgia.  I got involved in Bitcoin early on and even had an entire 1 BTC when it was worth US$4 but unfortunately spent it away thanks to my lack of foresight.  The way BTC seems to be climbing made me want to invest in it once again.  Of course, getting back in wasn't easy.  I was naive to think that cloud mining and faucet rotators were the way to collect BTC but unfortunately realized you can't make money without spending it first.

My thoughts now are to collect BTC in order to build my videography business on equipment, by starting off small and growing over time.  While this industry is competitive in Atlanta, I've been using some of my writing talents to supplement income.  I've also taken a part-time retail job just for extra cash.

I'm really interested in crowdfunding and investment in BTC.  The decentralization and neutrality of it on an international standpoint is what makes it appealing to me. 

- Kris

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
RealBitcoin

Activity: 854
Merit: 1009

JAYCE DESIGNS - http://bit.ly/1tmgIwK

View Profile
October 10, 2015, 11:41:40 AM

I figure if I'm going to get started on this forum, the best I can do is introduce myself.

My name is Kris and I'm a freelance videographer and writer from Atlanta, Georgia.  I got involved in Bitcoin early on and even had an entire 1 BTC when it was worth US$4 but unfortunately spent it away thanks to my lack of foresight.  The way BTC seems to be climbing made me want to invest in it once again.  Of course, getting back in wasn't easy.  I was naive to think that cloud mining and faucet rotators were the way to collect BTC but unfortunately realized you can't make money without spending it first.

My thoughts now are to collect BTC in order to build my videography business on equipment, by starting off small and growing over time.  While this industry is competitive in Atlanta, I've been using some of my writing talents to supplement income.  I've also taken a part-time retail job just for extra cash.

I'm really interested in crowdfunding and investment in BTC.  The decentralization and neutrality of it on an international standpoint is what makes it appealing to me. 

- Kris

Yes thats a good project, but you need to show us some proofs that you will use the funds as you said.

There are tons of scammers on this forum that would collect bitcoin and run away, so we need a good filter to distinguish project developers from scammers.

jacee
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1024

View Profile
October 10, 2015, 11:45:47 AM

- Kris

Hello and welcome here again in this forum. Indeed bitcoin is continuously climbing and there will be no other way for it but to reach it's full potential.

Your idea is great but as someone already said, you should plan thigs very well and be sure that every details are organized to avoid some more future problems. I look forward to seeing you in this forum more often. Wink
n2004al
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 10, 2015, 12:23:28 PM
Last edit: October 10, 2015, 03:32:13 PM by n2004al

My name is Kris and I'm a freelance videographer and writer from Atlanta, Georgia.  I got involved in Bitcoin early on and even had an entire 1 BTC when it was worth US$4 but unfortunately spent it away thanks to my lack of foresight.  The way BTC seems to be climbing made me want to invest in it once again.  Of course, getting back in wasn't easy.  I was naive to think that cloud mining and faucet rotators were the way to collect BTC but unfortunately realized you can't make money without spending it first.

My thoughts now are to collect BTC in order to build my videography business on equipment, by starting off small and growing over time.  While this industry is competitive in Atlanta, I've been using some of my writing talents to supplement income.  I've also taken a part-time retail job just for extra cash.

I'm really interested in crowdfunding and investment in BTC.  The decentralization and neutrality of it on an international standpoint is what makes it appealing to me.  

- Kris

You can find interesting material for your needs here in this board: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=12.0

I want to tell only some words since you are new here and with bitcoin. It is very difficult to invest in bitcoin. Every materialized project in this currency is new, so without to much to analyse about it. Being this project here in bitcointalk or being out of there it is almost the same story. Everyone without nothing to tell except the idea and maybe some data or some day (months) of life. The bitcoin businesses which have years are rare and ask to much to invest or are not interested for new investors. The most of start ups in bitcoin has failed and have no more activity. Bitcoin is yet a "child", only few know and use it, and in most of the countries is ignored. This make difficult any kind of business which is connected with it. I think and suggest that you must count mainly to yourself if you want to do something regarding bitcoin. To collaborate is better but much more risky if you will invest on it.

If you don't need the above advices forget this post. If I helped you just a little it will be a big pleasure for me. I wish you success and good stay here.
Mickeyb

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
October 10, 2015, 01:29:19 PM

Hello and welcome to the forum Kris.

I am not going to welcome you to the Bitcoin world since I see that you know about it much longer than I do. Too bad you haven't invested some more serious money when this thing was at $4. Nevermind, I consider all of us still as early adopters. Crypto world is very young and I think this is a future, in this forum or another.

I welcome all of your projects that are connected to Bitcoin. Also be careful in the Bitcoin ecosystem to who you trust. Level of scams in the industry is quite high at the moment but this I find quite normal as we are very young and we need time to grow up.

Good luck!
tyz
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1531

View Profile
October 10, 2015, 02:02:49 PM

Welcome on board! Great to see that you have a Bitcoin past and returning now. The community could need good videographers in different ways to spread the word of Bitcoin in various media. Just look at the Services section to find jobs for your special skills.
Possum577

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Loose lips sink sigs!

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2015, 03:26:48 PM

Yes thats a good project, but you need to show us some proofs that you will use the funds as you said.

There are tons of scammers on this forum that would collect bitcoin and run away, so we need a good filter to distinguish project developers from scammers.

Why does he need to show us proof, he's not asking for your money or donation. He's just introducing himself!

Hello and welcome here again in this forum. Indeed bitcoin is continuously climbing and there will be no other way for it but to reach it's full potential.

Jacee, I think you may also be new to bitcoin, so welcome! Unfortunately bitcoin isn't continuously climbing (as much as we all hope it will). The price dropped from +$1000 at the start of 2014 down to where it is now, reaching a recent low of $200. It's great that it's crept back up to the $240 level, but progress is slow. Perhaps this is good. Price stability can give businesses more confidence to take on this new currency as an accepted form of payment. But to say "there will be no other way for it but to reach its full potential" is naive. Bitcoin can fail, we've seen the price support fail, let's do all we can to spread the benefits of Bitcoin in an effort to make sure that it doesn't fail.

Kris, welcome to the Forum! Good luck with your business. There's a lot of ways to earn money here, so snoop around and get involved. Selling your goods (old stuff you don't want) and services is a great option.

gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
October 10, 2015, 03:50:45 PM

The OP should start hustling in the services section. Plenty of calls for those types of skills.
KStarVideo (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 07:45:34 PM

Definitely WILL be checking that out.  :-)
ikydesu

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

fb.com/Bitky.shop | Bitcoin Merch!Premium Quality!

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2015, 07:52:50 PM

Definitely WILL be checking that out.  :-)

So you have a skill which can offer with some bitcoin, great.
Check this out:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=985550.0
Make a thread on service section and use your skill to offer some bitcoin.
RealBitcoin

Activity: 854
Merit: 1009

JAYCE DESIGNS - http://bit.ly/1tmgIwK

View Profile
October 13, 2015, 12:45:09 AM

Why does he need to show us proof, he's not asking for your money or donation. He's just introducing himself!

But he will:

My thoughts now are to collect BTC in order to build my videography business on equipment

And let's validate his claims before he starts his fundraisers, to avoid another scam. If he is legit, then good for him, a video business is welcome to bitcoin, but scammers arent.

So lets look forward and hope he will bring some attention to bitcoin with his videos!

Possum577

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Loose lips sink sigs!

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2015, 10:21:10 PM

But he will:

My thoughts now are to collect BTC in order to build my videography business on equipment

And let's validate his claims before he starts his fundraisers, to avoid another scam. If he is legit, then good for him, a video business is welcome to bitcoin, but scammers arent.

So lets look forward and hope he will bring some attention to bitcoin with his videos!

You're getting paranoid for no reason. If he asks for your money you can grill him about the legitimacy of his/her business prospects. But right now he/she hasn't done that...

x_Molotov

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

Thank you for your time.

View Profile
October 14, 2015, 10:31:37 PM

Congrats on coming on back and joining the Forum!

There are, always, trolls, whether sexist/racist, but for the most part, the community is a polite, intellectual, helpful place, full of kind and insightful individuals.

If you want, to get some more BTC, you can check this link : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1199726.0

I host giveaways sometimes, and that could get you a few mBTC Smiley

Not much, but it is fun, and allows newbies gain a bit of capital Smiley

Have fun!

Molotov
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: