Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 06:32:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What Armory does that copay can't?  (Read 1296 times)
David Latapie (OP)

Activity: 658
Merit: 503

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2015, 04:56:10 PM

Hi,

I know it sounds like a troll, but I am serious.

I do know armory is full node (via Bitcoin Core), whilst copay is SPV — and I know the limitations of SPV.
I do know also that Armory has GPU-resistant algorithms.

Beside this, though, I fail to see noticeable differences.

copay can do multisig and emulate offline transactions and watching-only with privkey-less wallet and payment proposals  (here). It can do multi-wallet too and it has mnemonic seed (which Armory doesn't have, although root key is an OK replacement, albeit cumbersome). Plus, copay is open-source.

Armory has fragmented backup, which appears to me as stripped-down version of multisig (multisig only at restoration time), so it doesn't really count.

So, barring operating full node and being GPU-resistant (which is very important), what else is left for Armory? I bet the enterprise support is top-notch and Armory (the company) follows the same path as the Red Hat company does for Linux.

Thanks and again, please don't see it as trolling, I'm honestly wondering since I plan to offer consulting services.

Monero: the first crytocurrency to bring bank secrecy and net neutrality to the blockchain.HyperStake: pushing the limits of staking.
Reputation threadFree bitcoins: reviews, hints…: freebitco.in, freedoge.co.in, qoinpro
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
unamis76
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1005

View Profile
October 10, 2015, 10:03:32 PM

I guess that beyond what you mentioned is usability. And an ever present dev team (not sure how's copay on this, as I don't really use it). There's also simple user preference... Armory also supports ARM and even has Raspberry Pi binaries.
bitpop
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2015, 10:06:46 PM

Armory is full of features. Coin control is a very important one among others.

BitcoinNewsMagazine
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1164

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2015, 11:18:50 PM

Copay supports Ledger for cold storage now (but not Trezor yet.) If you want to use Armory for cold storage you must use two computers. Current Armory 93.2 does not work with Bitcoin Core 0.11.1 (must downgrade to 0.11.) Goatpig mentioned a fix is coming soon though.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: