Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: New parameters for GPL hardfork
Leave as is - 0 (0%)
Set max nFactor to 15 - 1 (100%)
Total Voters: 1

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [GPL] Gold Pressed Latinum - New Hardfork  (Read 1225 times)
vampirus (OP)

Activity: 982
Merit: 517

Nature decays, but Latinum lasts forever. RoA:102

View Profile
October 10, 2015, 08:53:29 PM
Last edit: October 20, 2015, 07:39:55 PM by vampirus

Because high difficulty mining with nFactor 16 and more,
and max time drift 2 hrs., new block will be very rare and many blocks rejected.

Current parameters:
POS rate 5% yearly
365 days min stake
0.2 Coin POW reward

New parameters:
POS rate 30% yearly
60 days min stake
Max nFactor revert to 15.

Voting finished. PoS rate unchanged.

SCIFIKEDGPLCAPS
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2015, 02:47:37 PM

NO. Increased POS rate is nothing but a scam, scamming everyone who invested into this coin based on its known and, presumably, fixed-forever parameters.

Changing it would be like if bitcoin suddenly decided to issue 50 coins per block again, only worse because you are proposing six times as much POS minting.

Make a new different coin if you want new different parameters, why do you keep posting this scam again?

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
funnyman21

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 11, 2015, 03:00:21 PM

NO. Increased POS rate is nothing but a scam, scamming everyone who invested into this coin based on its known and, presumably, fixed-forever parameters.

Changing it would be like if bitcoin suddenly decided to issue 50 coins per block again, only worse because you are proposing six times as much POS minting.

Make a new different coin if you want new different parameters, why do you keep posting this scam again?

-MarkM-

365 days seems like too long of a period to encourage staking.  I still agree with Mark that the change is too drastic based on the parameters in place when people bought or mined it. But I am not involved in this project so discount my opinion as you wish. If the entire community likes the new change than maybe nobody gets hurt.
vampirus (OP)

View Profile
October 11, 2015, 03:39:08 PM
Last edit: October 11, 2015, 04:10:54 PM by vampirus

If do nothing, new blocks will be very rare (1-2 block per day) and no exchange accept that coin.
I have very big amount of GPL and do not want It will gone.

To markm: How much GPL you have, and yours GPL-qt online?

SCIFIKEDGPLCAPS
duuuuude

Activity: 938
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 11, 2015, 10:18:05 PM
Last edit: October 11, 2015, 11:07:02 PM by duuuuude

Hi,
no disrespect, but i am also into the sci fi coins and have been for a while.(MARKM is right)  if people start to change the algo and emissions just make a new coin.
Do not change already established coins just to suite your desires, I vote totally against any changes.

the algo and emissions is like an agreement between the miners, users, and devs.  You cant just change the agreement now.

J

and i am also super against POS it just supports bagholding and gives and unfair advantage to the early miners when it was easier to mine.
MisO69
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1005

My mule don't like people laughing

View Profile
October 11, 2015, 10:32:24 PM

No; I agree with the above posters. Don't change the parameters if you can help it.

If you want to fix the broken block chain (2 blocks/day) then fix the algo and difficulty issue. Change it to something more popular so its easier to mine with current gear.

vampirus (OP)

View Profile
October 11, 2015, 11:43:53 PM
Last edit: October 12, 2015, 12:37:38 AM by vampirus

Many coins change PoS rate after community discussion, for instance CAP.
I do not want any personal advantage. I get my POS 5% percent last month,
and I do not need any PoW coins, I have 25% of all GPL.
Just want stable blockchain with more frequent blocks.

SCIFIKEDGPLCAPS
vampirus (OP)

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 07:03:50 PM

OK, if you do not want increase PoS rate, my final decision will be reduce min PoS difficulty and fix max nFactor to 15.
If someone not agree - you may use old version, GPL just split into 2 different chains.

SCIFIKEDGPLCAPS
vampirus (OP)

View Profile
October 17, 2015, 05:15:46 PM

Voting reset with new parameters. Vote again.

SCIFIKEDGPLCAPS
vampirus (OP)

View Profile
October 20, 2015, 07:36:13 PM

Gold Pressed Latinum new version.

GPL 2.7.1
Latest SSL
Add split/combine threshold for PoS minting.
Add block browser.
Set max nFactor=15 (Hardfork)
Reduce min PoS difficulty from 0.25 to 0.0625 (Hardfork)
Hardfork date: Wed, 11 Nov 2015 00:00:00 GMT
After fork date set --Nfmax 15 in miner.

https://github.com/scificrypto/Gold-Pressed-Latinum/releases/download/v2.7.1/goldpressedlatinum.2.7.1.win32.zip

SCIFIKEDGPLCAPS
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2015, 03:23:43 AM

Can you change the PoS difficulty to make blocks more frequent, without changing the PoS percent earnings per year?

Basically make PoS blocks more frequent but with lower payout so earnings remain the same we just get more blocks going by?

I do not actually know what the percent is though, I thought it was something not too out of line like maybe 5% per year, if it is 5% per month that is already outlandishly huge earnings compared to most normal kinds of savings accounts certificates of deposits heck even investing in stocks and such.

I do not have many of the coins because I no longer do GPU mining having lost one too many motherboards (or at least graphics cards slots, making the motherboard unusable) trying to mine with GPUs, so I just have the few coins a few CPU cores pulled in when seemingly no-one else was mining. I have not had any of them long enough for PoS to kick in.

If the PoS earnings are 5% per month though I guess I don't like this coin afterall. I had the impression it was more sensible, so that it would not inflate massively losing value to floods of newly minted coins, and designed to make staking it a serious long term endeavour taking a year to get set up for instead of something people could do within hours or days of getting some coins.

I also do not know if staking is the on again off again kind where you just fire up a wallet every so many hours days weeks months or whatever and shut it down shortly thereafter to accumulate more coin age, or the more serious kind where you have to keep the wallet open all the time?

So maybe it is not afterall as interesting a coin as I had though, or maybe it is, I don't know its details enough.

I did like the fact that mining it was only giving me a very small number of coins because I hoped that would apply to others also thus that there would not be floods of new coins constantly being minted to constantly put downward pressure on the price.

Basically I had thought it was designed to be a rare coin that would retain its value.

The PoS coins that screwed around with their rates I do not touch, I saw that first with that really scammy first clone of Perrcoin, the one that had no source code, bunch of Russians behind it or something like that, Novacoin was it or some such name? Total scam. I don't even touch the ones that gave themselves massively ridiculously high PoS at the start lowering it yearly and such, though at least they set the schedule from the start instead of hacking at it after it was already up and running with people invested into it.

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
vampirus (OP)

View Profile
October 21, 2015, 02:44:07 PM

PoS rate unchanged and 5% per year, with minimum stake interval 365 days.

SCIFIKEDGPLCAPS
cocales

Activity: 148
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 01:24:30 AM

So what happen in the end?

SnowGem.org - Improve upon great ideas of other cryptocurrencies
✔ Privacy ✔ Availability ✔ Profitability ✔ Longevity
Equihash - No Premine - No ICO - Masternodes soon
stellargratis

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 02:41:11 AM

Voting reset with new parameters. Vote again.

coins that have been thrown hard to rise  Undecided Undecided Undecided
vampirus (OP)

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 04:10:42 PM
Last edit: October 23, 2015, 04:51:44 PM by vampirus

In the end, all was against increase PoS rate and I change only difficulty for PoS and PoW.

When srypt-jane coins was created, no one understand what is really mean increase difficulty mining.
Every step in increase nFactor, mean reduce hashrate in 4 time. If yours computer create
one block in one minute with N=10, then with N=30 you get one block in 2,091,917 years (2 million)
With N=15 it is only 17 hrs. per block.

SCIFIKEDGPLCAPS
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: