Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 01:06:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] New Website: Spot Metal Prices in BTC  (Read 1171 times)
c0ffer (OP)

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

Gems:Crypto

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2012, 04:34:31 PM

Hi All,

Are you constantly cross checking sites to determine the value of precious metals in BTC? Do you want to know if your next bullion purchase is worth the price in BTC?

Boollion - Check precious metals spot prices in BTC anytime, updated hourly

This a quick reference for precious metals pricing in BTC.

Boolean + Bullion = Boollion Wink

(This is an expansion of the BTC pricing script that provides pricing for gemstones at c0ffer.com)

Feel free to post feedback.

CryptoCurrency for Gemstones ... Website | Main Thread  -  c0c0 Trading on YoBit

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2012, 07:10:59 AM

If you could make this a script able to allow me to put it on my forum post or a website, allowing me to add +$x.xx over spot and update my silver prices live that would be amazing and quite popular.
TTBit
Legendary

Activity: 1136
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 26, 2012, 03:06:34 PM

Hi All,

Are you constantly cross checking sites to determine the value of precious metals in BTC? Do you want to know if your next bullion purchase is worth the price in BTC?

Boollion - Check precious metals spot prices in BTC anytime, updated hourly

This a quick reference for precious metals pricing in BTC.

Boolean + Bullion = Boollion Wink

(This is an expansion of the BTC pricing script that provides pricing for gemstones at c0ffer.com)

Feel free to post feedback.

Request: log all prices. This way, buyer and seller can agree to a price in the future. As it is now, I send a PM to buyer "3.00 btc for oz of silver", and he now has extra value from waiting. If btc/usd price falls, he accepts, but if it rises, he declines.

But "I'll pay you the price at 11:00pm tonight as posted on boollion.com" takes this away, and is fair. Should lead to more transactions.

good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment
c0ffer (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2012, 05:16:51 PM

Thank you for the valuable feedback so far...

If you could make this a script able to allow me to put it on my forum post or a website, allowing me to add +$x.xx over spot and update my silver prices live that would be amazing and quite popular.

Right now this is a PHP script that pulls values and then prints back the results. Adding functionality for increasing values for a % or fixed amount could be added fairly easily.

I have it working within Wordpress as a function and it displays the information in posts via shortcode. Making it work with various forums would be more labour intensive so that may not be a priority but adding general features and having it work in WP will. Being able to work with PHP makes working with this script straightforward.

Request: log all prices. This way, buyer and seller can agree to a price in the future. As it is now, I send a PM to buyer "3.00 btc for oz of silver", and he now has extra value from waiting. If btc/usd price falls, he accepts, but if it rises, he declines.

But "I'll pay you the price at 11:00pm tonight as posted on boollion.com" takes this away, and is fair. Should lead to more transactions.

The script currently caches the values it retrieves on the hourly updates to keep the external requests limited. It should be fairy easy to implement a way to display previously cached values. More transactions are good for everyone Smiley

Again the helpful feedback is greatly appreciated, keep 'em coming.
I will be sure to post info about the next update which should be fairly soon Wink

CryptoCurrency for Gemstones ... Website | Main Thread  -  c0c0 Trading on YoBit
Coinabul

Activity: 588

Coinabul - Gold Unbarred

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2012, 07:00:36 PM

If anyone wants to pull BTC or XAU or XAG spot prices, we have an API that combines all three:

coinabul.com/index.php/api-documentation/

Coinabul.com - Gold Unbarred
Website owners, let me put my ads on your site! PM me!
c0ffer (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2012, 08:40:19 PM

Thanks for the info, I may pull the metals from your feed. Where do the spot prices come from?

I am now working on an easy implementation that should allow almost anyone to easily add pricing for metals in BTC based on updated spot prices.

Coinabul

Activity: 588

Coinabul - Gold Unbarred

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2012, 06:56:17 PM

Thanks for the info, I may pull the metals from your feed. Where do the spot prices come from?

I am now working on an easy implementation that should allow almost anyone to easily add pricing for metals in BTC based on updated spot prices.

All over! We aggregate multiple sources.

Coinabul.com - Gold Unbarred
Website owners, let me put my ads on your site! PM me!
ShireSilver

Activity: 382
Merit: 253

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2012, 07:12:36 PM

All over! We aggregate multiple sources.

At Shire Silver we aggregate from multiple as well. Our products have USD prices available in simple text format at http://shiresilver.com/msrp_txt

Shire Silver, a better bullion that fits in your wallet. Get some, now accepting bitcoin!
Topazan

Activity: 354
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 27, 2012, 08:43:13 PM

Thanks, I was hoping someone would make something like this.  Before, whenever I made a long-term deal with someone I had to denominate it in USD to hedge against BTC price changes.  Now I can do it in precious metals.

Save the last bitcoin for me!
c0ffer (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2012, 09:17:45 PM

Thanks, I was hoping someone would make something like this.  Before, whenever I made a long-term deal with someone I had to denominate it in USD to hedge against BTC price changes.  Now I can do it in precious metals.

YVW, glad you find it useful Cheesy

Update coming soon Wink

c0ffer (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2012, 08:37:39 PM

BTC rally and silver fluctuations make this site more handy than ever Wink

(If I don't say so myself Tongue)

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: