Bitcoin Forum
July 27, 2024, 04:45:45 PM *
News: Help 1Dq create 15th anniversary forum artwork.

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Asking if any other asset issuers want to chip into a OT VPS?  (Read 1065 times)
matthewh3 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2012, 05:53:50 PM

Any issuers interested?

markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2012, 06:11:50 PM

Any issuers interested?

Maybe you could demo your assets first on the OTdemo server, see if you can even get enough people to set up clients to make OT a workable solution for them?

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
matthewh3 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2012, 06:13:09 PM

Any issuers interested?

Maybe you could demo your assets first on the OTdemo server, see if you can even get enough people to set up clients to make OT a workable solution for them?

-MarkM-

Would you help me.  Also I was thinking of setting up a brokerage service for people who couldn't use OT.

markm
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2012, 06:19:57 PM

For brokerage service to be automated you should maybe look at the stuff listed by "opentxs help" that should show you pretty much anything you might need.

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
EskimoBob
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

Quality Printing Services by Federal Reserve Bank

View Profile
October 25, 2012, 08:07:00 PM

Getting the client running is not that hard if you follow the instructions carefully.
When client is installed, then it can get a bit confusing at the beginning but when the server- (where the security is) and security contract(s) are loaded (imported?), NYM created and accounts set up, you are all set to go.
I was planning to bring the ART to OT but I do not have a access to a server that can run the OT software -  you need that to make your stuff available.

While reading what I wrote, use the most friendliest and relaxing voice in your head.
BTW, Things in BTC bubble universes are getting ugly....
markm
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2012, 08:19:11 PM

Not true, you can issue assets on any server that has not disabled the ability to issue assets.

By default OT allows anyone to issue assets (though obviously only the nym that actually signed the specific asset's contract can asset that specific asset that they signed).

The OTdemo server demonstrates this ability of anyone to make up and issue any asset they choose.

-MarkM-

EskimoBob
Legendary

View Profile
October 25, 2012, 09:13:23 PM

Not true, you can issue assets on any server that has not disabled the ability to issue assets.

By default OT allows anyone to issue assets (though obviously only the nym that actually signed the specific asset's contract can asset that specific asset that they signed).

The OTdemo server demonstrates this ability of anyone to make up and issue any asset they choose.

-MarkM-

You are obviously correct too but then the issuer is at the mercy of the server owner. I know how that can work out Wink pi..pi...pio.. (spits)

While reading what I wrote, use the most friendliest and relaxing voice in your head.
markm
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2012, 09:28:19 PM

Well maybe i2p or Tor is the best way to go then, since then people can run their servers from their own homes.

Actually they could do that without i2p or Tor if they learned to tell their routers to route incoming ports but i2p and Tor can make that not necessary since they open tunnels that then visitors can come in on.

-MarkM-

EskimoBob
Legendary

View Profile
October 26, 2012, 10:49:57 AM

I like the idea that you are willing to let the market test out your server.
I still have some questions about the contract but I guess we can sort that out in #opentransactions IRC channel.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: