Bitcoin Forum
September 01, 2024, 02:15:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Minus balance bug  (Read 927 times)
starsbelow (OP)

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 11, 2015, 08:26:43 AM

So I had $25 in bitcoin on my blockchain account.

I then deposited onto Primedice.com, gambled it up to $27. I check my blockchain account and it shows a NEGATIVE $25 balance (-$25)

I withdraw the winning funds $27 onto the blockchain account, and now my balance is $3 (a small $.70 transaction inbetween) for 12 hours... Surely I must get the $25 back and this can't be a permanent bug right?

https://i.imgur.com/lVK1M3D.jpg
MadGamer
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1031

View Profile
October 11, 2015, 08:29:16 AM

The 24.99$ (both transactions) seems like a Double spend transaction , no ? copy your adress here so we can see
starsbelow (OP)

View Profile
October 11, 2015, 08:33:15 AM

https://blockchain.info/tx/efb92f5367875545f548b05faa1d67cdc1a3413938972ab33e914f4af7127ac6 (From blockchain > primedice)

https://i.imgur.com/1qg0pTr.jpg

Here is the confirmed transaction:
https://blockchain.info/tx/690bcd7f9c4e52483e46ee98a9e10c6ff145d58a67a58ddda8838493ec36a49c
No! I only sent my full balance onto primedice, and apperantly right after that it showed a negative $25 balance. No double spendings whatever that means.. How could I even send $50 if my account only holds $25? this is creeping me out

I also had a simular bug a few days ago where I deposited $34 onto the blockchain account, then it showed a balance of $68, but the other $34 I couldn't make use of, later on the balance shrunk to $34 alone.. I hope the same will apply to this situation and not losing the $25
MadGamer
Legendary

View Profile
October 11, 2015, 08:39:10 AM

It's because of the attack , as you can see it says "A conflicting transaction has been detected in our memory pool. The transaction hash displayed below may change."
Reddit post explaining what this means : https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/3nf1zy/a_conflicting_transaction_has_been_detected_in/ (read the coinkite link aswell)
starsbelow (OP)

View Profile
October 11, 2015, 08:41:04 AM

Thanks

So I guess time will tell, it will resolve itself?
MadGamer
Legendary

View Profile
October 11, 2015, 08:45:34 AM

Thanks

So I guess time will tell, it will resolve itself?

If i understood right , it won't get resolved , that transaction won't get confirmed at all .
starsbelow (OP)

View Profile
October 11, 2015, 08:49:46 AM

Taking to account my $34 to $68 hazard resolved itself I have good faith this will resolve itself. I really need to buy that crack rock! but don't tell the feds!!!

Does this increase my chances anything on the 0 confirmation transaction? "Estimated Confirmation Time    Very Soon (High Priority)"

I remember the $34 transaction also showed a double spend, and the transaction that had 0 confirmations for a long time eventually disappeared all together, and my balance shrunk from $68 to $34 naturally
starsbelow (OP)

View Profile
October 11, 2015, 09:12:03 AM

I mean if this is happening to everyone, blockchain must expect a shit storm or a lawsuit on their ass for people losing $100,$1000 $10000 etc
MadGamer
Legendary

View Profile
October 11, 2015, 09:16:56 AM

I mean if this is happening to everyone, blockchain must expect a shit storm or a lawsuit on their ass for people losing $100,$1000 $10000 etc

People should simply not trust transactions with zero confirmation for the moment , that's all .
Blockchain is a file which contains all the transactions , Blockchain.info is a service that reads the blockchain file and also give you the ability to make online wallet , so the whole Bitcoin network have this issue and not only specific wallet . it dosen't matter what  wallet yo uare using
starsbelow (OP)

View Profile
October 11, 2015, 09:33:34 AM

From Blockchain.zendesk.com support:

Transactions marked as double spends are likely a part of an ongoing attack currently taking place within the bitcoin network
There is currently an attack on the bitcoin network that is causing these double transactions to appear. This attack is effecting almost all bitcoin transactions - not just Blockchain.info users. Your funds are *not* at risk and these duplicate transactions will never confirm. After 24-72 hours they should be rejected by the bitcoin network as invalid, which they are. When sending transactions during this attack you may see it appear twice. One will likely be marked as a double spend, which can cause a great deal of confusion. We understand this is an inconvenience to our users, and all users of bitcoin. With your funds not at risk during this attack the most anyone can do is to wait for these transactions to be rejected. There isn't anything Blockchain.info can do to clear this issue up faster, as this is an attack on the bitcoin network itself. You can read more about the attack here - https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/bitcoin-attack-coinkite-reports-malleability-attack-urges-caution/. Another helpful post on Reddit that explains the situation can be found here - https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/3nfb2y/eli5_for_double_spends_bitcoin_being_sent_twice/.
starsbelow (OP)

View Profile
October 11, 2015, 10:25:27 AM

Resolved!

balance $28
MadGamer
Legendary

View Profile
October 11, 2015, 10:32:05 AM

Resolved!

balance $28

how you was able to resolve the issue ?  Huh
samuray34amo

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 11, 2015, 10:35:06 AM

I use blockchain app on android and it happened a lot of times. Nothing to worry about it, the bitcoin was sent and the balance won't be minus anymore.. Just wait.
starsbelow (OP)

View Profile
October 11, 2015, 10:38:59 AM

Resolved!

balance $28

how you was able to resolve the issue ?  Huh

Just waiting till the unconfirmed transaction disappears
Mickeyb

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
October 11, 2015, 02:32:54 PM

Why the hell are you guys still using this wallet? This is the buggiest wallet out there. With so many other options, even many other online wallets options (which I do not recommend but anyways they are there), how everyone has so much patience with blockchain.info?

Honestly, if I was using it after the first such bug that would happen to me, I would ditch it and change for something else.
Sharma
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

GATCOIN : The New Currency Of Digital Marketing

View Profile
October 11, 2015, 02:45:21 PM

I thought you spend your btc before the transaction have 30 confirmations on blockchain, it also happened to me , 3 times in a week. You have to wait 30 confirmations or so before send it or it will happen again and again.

█████▄▄▄▄
   ████████████▄▄▄            ▀██████
   ███ ▀▀▀▀█████████▄          ▀█████
   ███         ▀▀▀█████▄         ▀███
   ███              ▀▀████▄▄███    ▀▀
   ███                ▀███████▀
   ███                    █████
   ███     ███▄         ▄███████
   ▐██▌     ▀███▄     ▄███▀  ███
   ▐███       ▀███▄▄ ███▀     ███
    ███▌        ▀████        ▐██▌
     ███         ████         ███