Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 02:26:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking to buy ~9 btc via paypal/MP or site/service for small time exchangers  (Read 620 times)
tunafish (OP)

Activity: 95
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2012, 07:03:21 PM

Hi all,

I'm new here but not to bitcoin, I'm looking for about 100USD worth of bitcoin(around 9.3btc at the time of this posting). Yes we all know that bitcoin shouldn't be exchanged through paypal but I know plenty of us do it once and a while since paypal has no idea whats getting sent for what purpose. I may not have any rep here but I've bought lots of digital items for team fortress 2 through paypal. I have a reputation thread on sourceop.com (check here: http://forums.sourceop.com/threads/109269-tunafizz-trade-rep-thread) attesting to me not being a deadbeat, I can add/edit a post to prove its mine if you like(or you can message me on steam of course!). I'll gladly show screenshots of my paypal history for any potential seller that finds it relevant, I have plenty of private party transactions and zero chargebacks. I'd really prefer to go through paypal but can go out and get a moneypak if nobody here is interested in paypal or if you'll help offset the cost of the moneypak.
What I'd like to see from you, as the potential coin seller, either is a post history here that shows postive transactions or another bitcoin forum that can attest to you not being a scammer. Something that you can prove is yours and shows you've done a good few digital item transactions via paypal.

Now for the newb part:
I've never found a site or forum that handles people that just want to buy/sell bitcoins on occasion (i.e. they can use their paypal account since they arent exactly a"currency exchanger service" so much as a private party selling currency on occasion) If anyone knows any that aren't cumbersome like the whole mt.gox/liberty reserve/etc routine and offer some kind of escrow service or reputation based buyers and sellers please feel free to share.
edit:
I've checked out tons of sites over the past year or so, read the newb threads here. Recently, I've heard bitinstint is good but that site is down...don't remember if i've checked it out already anyway. If anyone knows of easy/quick checking/debit/paypal to bitcoin sites/services OR some kind of site/forum for buyers/sellers with a feedback system, thats what I'm getting at. I've checked out most of your exchangers that use mailed money/check, slow transfers, dwolla, and other slow cumbersome methods---I'm not too interested in that.

I'm going to class shortly, but I'll be checking this thread soon as I get back. Please respond here if interested or if you have any insight as to a better place for buyers like me.

Thanks

Feeling generous?
BTC: 1MiaKvvzhuCrbWJ2iXA9RceZfRpNDjwJTk

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
harri74

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 25, 2012, 07:19:17 PM

Hi Tuna,

I can send BTC to your wallet within an hour of receiving an internet bank transfer. PM me if youre interested.

Mark.
beeteecee

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2012, 08:34:34 PM

You may want to look at bitcoinary.com (lots of PayPal offers, beware of scammers) and localbitcoins.com (OTC).
tunafish (OP)

Activity: 95
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2012, 06:37:50 PM

You may want to look at bitcoinary.com (lots of PayPal offers, beware of scammers) and localbitcoins.com (OTC).

I appreciate the responses. Localbitcoins wasn't so useful though, nobody nearby, bitcoinary doesn't seem to have any good feedback system, just a number or transactions completed and everyone want way above market value for coins. I just signed up for bitinstint but their deposit handler, trustcash, seems to be down. sighhh.
Anybody here that can back up their reputation and has around 9 to 10 bitcoins to unload?

Feeling generous?
BTC: 1MiaKvvzhuCrbWJ2iXA9RceZfRpNDjwJTk
BCB
CTG
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

BCJ

View Profile
October 27, 2012, 06:47:37 PM

MT. GOX LAST +5%