Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 04:56:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  
Author Topic: The $1 Million Dollar Bitcoin  (Read 25593 times)
Pendularin

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 09:34:36 PM

For 1 Bitcoin to be worth $1,000,000, the total market cap of Bitcoin would have to be $21 trillion dollars. What are the odds of this happening?

For reference, the amount of physical $dollars and coins in circulation are around $1.2 trillion. The global M2 money supply of all currencies are around $45 trillion. The market cap of all mined gold is around $7 trillion.

Will 1 Bitcoin be worth a million dollars? Half a million? Thoughts?

Based for the statistics you pointed out, I am convinced now that one bitcoin will never be worth as much as one million dollar, except of course if the dollar became a banana coin with hyper-inflation making its value close to nothing.
Bitcoin does not need to increase its value to a high price like 1 million dollar and get trouble to calculate the value for daily using. Bitcoin is an asset but it is also a currency. I do not hope Bitcoin will become only an asset and give up its first nature of Bitcoin created by Satoshi Nakamoto.
If Bitcoin reaches $1million, one single Satoshi will be worth around 1 cent. So there wouldn't be any problems at all with the right scaling and people could just buy their fast food for 500 Satoshis.

If that will happen there will be no problem for us because we will have a lot of money when we will have even just a single bitcoin in our wallet and it could be easy for us to reach our dreams and also we don't need to worry so much about it because we know that when we will have our earnings it would be worth it.
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Qunetick

Activity: 226

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 10:03:38 PM

No way that's happening. Even half a million is out of the question. The whole global financial structure would have to be running on Bitcoin for those kind of prices. Even parity with gold seems to me impossible.

Let's just say that it is. Anyway, the person who started this topic is just curious if what will happen if for example the bitcoin price will reach $1 million. Maybe for now it is still impossible, but we don't know that sooner or later it will really happen. We cannot really predict what will happen to bitcoin, so we should not underestimate what bitcoin can do for us.

szpalata

Activity: 686
Merit: 253

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 10:31:26 PM

No way that's happening. Even half a million is out of the question. The whole global financial structure would have to be running on Bitcoin for those kind of prices. Even parity with gold seems to me impossible.

Let's just say that it is. Anyway, the person who started this topic is just curious if what will happen if for example the bitcoin price will reach $1 million. Maybe for now it is still impossible, but we don't know that sooner or later it will really happen. We cannot really predict what will happen to bitcoin, so we should not underestimate what bitcoin can do for us.

Well that's quite a target but very unrealistic at the moment even though i wish it came to pass sooner somehow. There has been a lot of positives to pick from bitcpoin lately and we are all optimistic about the future but one million dollar per coin target is something i don't really look up to.
100kk

Activity: 280

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 12:29:29 AM

Today the price of bitcoin is more than 8k $. Two years ago, for many people, it seemed unreal. So think! Grin
paradoxlost

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 01:45:54 AM

The value of bitcoin is the entire physical wealth of the world divided by the market cap of bitcoin. The altcoin is worth all the abstract/intangible value of the world divided by their market caps.
paradoxlost

Activity: 7

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 01:53:29 AM

The value of bitcoin is the entire physical wealth of the world divided by the market cap of bitcoin. The altcoin is worth all the abstract/intangible value of the world divided by their market caps.

I know the first couple pages of this thread are awesome. I definitely didn't think it'd be this high but I definitely thought it'd be up to $5000. The reason why it's going this high and why this isn't a bubble is because bitcoin is basically solving the biggest problem in the history of the United States: a solution to the centralized banking system. This problem has been magnified in the past 100 years as money has started to become more and more abstract and electronic and peoples entire lives can be destroyed simply by swiping their card at a cash register, businesses can be destroyed simply by not having an emphasis on online security, and people having to pay to get their money, wait to get their money, and pay to wait to get their money.

I just hope that when cryptos do take over from government backed fiats that core developers use transaction fees for roads and infrastructure.
dungvn

Activity: 61

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 01:57:52 AM

It will happen in the future  Grin Grin Grin
nguli

Activity: 336

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 02:37:49 AM

For 1 Bitcoin to be worth $1,000,000, the total market cap of Bitcoin would have to be $21 trillion dollars. What are the odds of this happening?

For reference, the amount of physical $dollars and coins in circulation are around $1.2 trillion. The global M2 money supply of all currencies are around $45 trillion. The market cap of all mined gold is around $7 trillion.

it could happen if bitcoin gets harder and the higher demand from the market and the demand is higher then the bitcoin price will reach that level.
darewaller

Activity: 2814
Merit: 634

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 11:09:36 AM

That won’t happen, even Golf is not sold at such an amount– $1 million dollars, gold is below that. I don’t see any reason for Bitcoin to be sold at such rate. It can never happen but if they try to attempt such through speculation, then it’s over, everything is completely over then. Well, it’s only all these greedy fools that think they will become the world richest men that brings up such idea/topic, but it won’t happen, if you want to be world richest man, then go out there and hustle for it and don’t expect it from bitcoin. When all Bitcoin is mined, I believe it will have a stable price just like gold.
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 11:52:05 AM

not gonna happen for atleast 1000 years more,it was a huge presumption how could you ever think of this.do you think the whole world specially the biigest countries let this happen?the very first thing that bitcoin reaches $50,000 per coin will lead to those country to make a measure to break down this crypto and we all know that they can do it.if this would provide a threat to the world.so better not to be exaggerated regarding bitcoin price
juink55

Activity: 543

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 12:09:57 PM

if bitcoin worth 1 million dollars what is the transaction fee to be paid?
if transaction costs use expensive bitcoin will this be a problem?
Hoganye

Activity: 625
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 10:47:41 PM

not gonna happen for atleast 1000 years more,it was a huge presumption how could you ever think of this.do you think the whole world specially the biigest countries let this happen?the very first thing that bitcoin reaches $50,000 per coin will lead to those country to make a measure to break down this crypto and we all know that they can do it.if this would provide a threat to the world.so better not to be exaggerated regarding bitcoin price
If Bitcoin has more supply coin, that price will never reach, but with 21 million coins for all people on the world, do you think 1 million dollar/BTC is reasonable? I am imagining someday, the popularity of Bitcoin will grow more and almost people will use this currency for daily. Only that time, the price of Bitcoin can has chance to increases 1 million dollar.
Ausgewielt

Activity: 453
Merit: 104

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 10:53:44 PM

Bitcoin price will keep increase because the demand is keep increase, especially from high levels society. Anything is fine, although poor  people will not be able to own bitcoin anymore.

goldcoinminer

Activity: 952
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 06:41:21 AM

It's true that, in my nation don't accept bitcoin. My counrty, i'm not sure and see any restaurants or stores where they accepting bitcoin. I understand that US has numerous dining places and stores. That restaurants and stores accept btc. The netherlands also taking bitcoin.
What country are you living? I am sure as time passes by there will be more people that will accept bitcoin
and as bigger countries are starting to use bitcoin, small countries are also going to follow and accept, sooner we will see  a bigger community
supporting bitcoin and the price will not gonna be stop in rising.
best ever

Activity: 266

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 09:04:45 PM

How funny and curious is to read the answers on this question given only two years ago. People did not believe that it will cost even $2K! Today we are all waiting for its $10K, but I suppose it will never cost a million sure, maximum  $50K in nearest 3 years.
Spradlin

Activity: 8

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 01:22:32 AM

It's sufficient whales and company curiosity about it to remain the course.The hard forks, the DOA have happened very in early stages so ETH might end up being proven and still standing.
DonFacundo

Activity: 1344
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 02:03:44 AM

impossible that the price of 1 bitcoin is 1 million dollar that can not be happen and how much for the transaction fee 1,000 dollar?  I wonder how much satoshi we claim in faucets? maybe we claiming points until you reach 1000 points and convert it into 1 satoshi.  Grin

elegion

Activity: 108

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 02:38:34 AM

I know the first couple pages of this thread are awesome. I definitely didn't think it'd be this high but I definitely thought it'd be up to $5000. The reason why it's going this high and why this isn't a bubble is because bitcoin is basically solving the biggest problem in the history of the United States: a solution to the centralized banking system. This problem has been magnified in the past 100 years as money has started to become more and more abstract and electronic and peoples entire lives can be destroyed simply by swiping their card at a cash register, businesses can be destroyed simply by not having an emphasis on online security, and people having to pay to get their money, wait to get their money, and pay to wait to get their money.

I just hope that when cryptos do take over from government backed fiats that core developers use transaction fees for roads and infrastructure.

I found the first couple of pages of this thread interesting as well, “Will Bitcoin Hit One Million Dollars” and I say yes because of the many decibel places available. What many don’t seem to understand is that Bitcoin solves a very old math problem that has not been solved until recently, and by solving this math problem it changes people’s perspectives and what money is and how money should or should-not function. When money begins to function differently in society it changes the very nature of how society currently functions.

I also notice that many people don’t seem to realize that Bitcoin is literally eating all FIAT Currencies. Meaning that people are literally devaluing their corrupt currencies by buying Bitcoin which is a deflationary money. 

And I don’t blame any of you for trying to better your financial lives, which is an opportunity that’s not available in the outside world. Nonetheless, many of you must realize that you’re joining a libertarian and anti-government and anti-big banking ecosystem. You realize that the more you use your dollars to buy Bitcoin, transact in Bitcoin, Build businesses in Bitcoin, mine Bitcoin, and Trade in Bitcoin the more the future will reflect your actions. And those actions you take today will lead to a better world for you and your children and even their children.

But ultimately, the more Bitcoin is used today for everything the more Bitcoin becomes everything, so ask your self – what is the price of everything today?

rhodelmabanal

Activity: 1047
Merit: 103

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 02:44:48 AM

It took a million of years to achieve this price. If we teach our children for this, maybe they could teach also our grandson. They will become rich on their times and they should not forget that God is only the one who will give us blessings.

Izarok

Activity: 237
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 02:51:27 AM

The idea of Bitcoin reaching 1 million dollar is too much. It might reach a 6 digit price soon. In the next few years it might be over $10000.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  

Jump to: