Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 08:03:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Satoshi\blockchain Transactions disappeared  (Read 2601 times)
IXIslimIXI (OP)

Activity: 117
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 25, 2012, 10:35:33 PM
Last edit: October 25, 2012, 10:56:48 PM by IXIslimIXI

To add on to the issues that  SatoshiDice was having, last night I had several transactions that were submitted, won, never received. However, I see fireduck has cleaned up his queue but I see a lot of my transactions that were winners have disappeared. I have screenshots for proof that they existed but no longer do. Is this something that happens regularly with bitcoins?? I haven't even received my initial wager back and there are a LOT of these.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
fireduck

Activity: 392
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 25, 2012, 11:27:35 PM

We prune transactions that don't confirm after a while, usually 24 hours.

However, the satoshidice system records when it first sees transactions and evaluates win/loss then.  That record is saved indefinitely.  So if at some later point that transaction is confirmed it will be processed as it should.

In short, if you can get your bet transactions to confirm they will be processed. 

Bitrated user: fireduck.
IXIslimIXI (OP)

View Profile
October 25, 2012, 11:42:06 PM

Yeah, I understand how that works but, my issue is different. The actual transactions are no longer showing up AT ALL. Even when searching the blockchain. But, I have proof that they were submitted by SD but now, that SAME address on your site shows no transaction.
niko

Activity: 756
Merit: 501

There is more to Bitcoin than bitcoins.

View Profile
October 25, 2012, 11:47:43 PM

Yeah, I understand how that works but, my issue is different. The actual transactions are no longer showing up AT ALL. Even when searching the blockchain. But, I have proof that they were submitted by SD but now, that SAME address on your site shows no transaction.

Does this mean your wallet ballance is unchanged, as if you never sent any payments to SD?

They're there, in their room.
Your mining rig is on fire, yet you're very calm.
IXIslimIXI (OP)

View Profile
October 25, 2012, 11:48:12 PM

I had this same thing happen on a transaction several weeks ago that I sent you a tweet about and you never responded to. I still have yet to receive that win and it still doesn't show up. Since it was only 3.2 btc I didn't make a big fuss about it. However, this is quite a bit more when considering all the transactions that I am missing. It's roughly twenty transactions and some wins at 16+ btc.

PS... Why is your only method of contact listed on your site as twitter, yet you don't respond there? (This is not meant to sound rude, just want to know)
IXIslimIXI (OP)

View Profile
October 25, 2012, 11:48:38 PM

Does this mean your wallet ballance is unchanged, as if you never sent any payments to SD?

No, I never got back what I sent or the win

Let me rephrase... The payment was sent and subtracted from my account, I saw the bet win, never received the winnings or the return initial transaction. When I did the query this morning I saw that ALL of my transactions were there with a lot of them showing UNKNOWN (which was fine because they almost always still pay). Then when most of them finally paid, a lot were still missing, then when I went to query again, they were gone. I then checked the links on SD that shows their transactions, and those were gone. Then I check the initial transactions on blockchain, and THOSE WERE GONE.
fireduck

View Profile
October 25, 2012, 11:57:23 PM

I had this same thing happen on a transaction several weeks ago that I sent you a tweet about and you never responded to. I still have yet to receive that win and it still doesn't show up. Since it was only 3.2 btc I didn't make a big fuss about it. However, this is quite a bit more when considering all the transactions that I am missing. It's roughly twenty transactions and some wins at 16+ btc.

PS... Why is your only method of contact listed on your site as twitter, yet you don't respond there? (This is not meant to sound rude, just want to know)

We can only act on what is in the blockchain.  If you transaction doesn't get confirmed, we eventually give up on it and remove it from our DB and remove the payment transaction.  However, if the transaction ever does get confirmed we will act on it as if it came in when we first saw it and issue a new payment for it.

So if you have a sent transaction that is out of your wallet balance but it doesn't appear in the blockchain then your client thinks the transaction is pending.  You can either get your client to try to resend the transaction to the network to get it to go in or forget about it in which case you'll be able to spend that balance again.

As for the twitter account, I don't know.  I'm not in charge of that.  You can email me directly (fireduck@gmail.com) or PM here and I should be able to look into things.

IXIslimIXI (OP)

View Profile
October 26, 2012, 12:05:01 AM

I have proof these transactions made it to your system... Both screenshots AND the JSON from both bitcoin addresses this morning when I looked to see what had been confirmed or was still UNKOWN. How can you possibly tell me that? The transaction doesn't show in the blockchain period, there is no pending or waiting on confirmation. My client is blockchain.info so obviously it isn't the client. But again, the bet tx isn't there and yet I have proof it made it to your system.
helloworld

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 26, 2012, 12:12:37 AM

I have proof these transactions made it to your system... Both screenshots AND the JSON

The only proof that matters is the bitcoin blockchain (not blockchain.info) and apparently you don't have that proof.
IXIslimIXI (OP)

View Profile
October 26, 2012, 12:15:29 AM

So, showing the screenshot of his website that says the transaction was received is not the same? Especially since it has the "Bet tx" listed on the site?
fireduck

View Profile
October 26, 2012, 12:18:25 AM

So, showing the screenshot of his website that says the transaction was received is not the same? Especially since it has the "Bet tx" listed on the site?

We will happy honor it if that bet transaction is ever confirmed.

IXIslimIXI (OP)

View Profile
October 26, 2012, 12:20:10 AM

I have proof these transactions made it to your system... Both screenshots AND the JSON

The only proof that matters is the bitcoin blockchain (not blockchain.info) and apparently you don't have that proof.

Also, when you search in blockchain.info, doesn't that search the blockchain?

Regardless, my initial question remains, HOW DID THE TRANSACTION GET DELETED?Huh? Maybe it's just me, but I feel like your response was a little terse, if so... please see that I'm just trying to figure out what happened to my money. If not, my apologies.
IXIslimIXI (OP)

View Profile
October 26, 2012, 12:21:32 AM

How will it get confirmed if it doesn't exist? Considering the last time this happened, I never got anything back, why would I expect anything different with a lot more money involved?
IXIslimIXI (OP)

View Profile
October 26, 2012, 12:24:34 AM

I think I may have gotten off track here... I'm not intending to say this is on you, fireduck. I came here trying to find out what happened to those transactions. I have proof that they existed and that is all I meant by that. I'm not here pointing fingers I just want to know how transactions can be deleted...
helloworld

View Profile
October 26, 2012, 12:25:14 AM

How will it get confirmed if it doesn't exist?

It won't ever get confirmed if it doesn't exist in the (longest) blockchain.

How about posting said screenshots and tx numbers so that we can help find out what happened.
IXIslimIXI (OP)

View Profile
October 26, 2012, 12:27:27 AM

How will it get confirmed if it doesn't exist?

It won't ever get confirmed if it doesn't exist in the (longest) blockchain.

How about posting said screenshots and tx numbers so that we can help find out what happened.

Thank you. I will do that now
IXIslimIXI (OP)

View Profile
October 26, 2012, 12:33:09 AM

This is one of the many. I'll post more if necessary.

helloworld

View Profile
October 26, 2012, 12:33:24 AM

Can you not do attachments on this forum?

No.

Upload the image to http://imgur.com

Then use BBCode to include the image in your post.

(img)http://mypic(/img)

But use square brackets.

IXIslimIXI (OP)

View Profile
October 26, 2012, 12:34:03 AM

Ugh... Hang on, that's too small... Let me get a bigger one.
IXIslimIXI (OP)

View Profile
October 26, 2012, 12:35:21 AM

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: