Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 12:40:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Minimum to start on trading  (Read 17663 times)
herbst

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 01:52:18 PM

It depends Wink

When is started i had about 0.01 to 0.1 to invest, but this barely is worth the risk and time.
I now play with about 2-3 BTC which makes this whole game more interesting.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
jt byte

Activity: 994
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 01:53:15 PM

At least 5 Bitcoins and you can start, otherwise you can have very small profit  Wink

5 bitcoins? I'm not ready to take this much risks. Even though I do not have 5 bitcoins either. Trading should begin with very low investments as we do not know how the market will react to our predictions. Some people here suggesting alt coin trading that must be the good idea for beginners.

Yes 5 bitcoin is a very big money to start your bitcoin trading. Taking leverage also must be riskier as it will auto square off your open positions when the open trade goes off against your predictions. Better do with small lot from a small investment for a small target.

Personally when i have free time firstly i analyze the market.
I analyze the price how often is changing and then i put 1BTC
After that i make a sell order with 0.5-1% higher and often get a very small profit.
maokoto (OP)

Activity: 770

✪ NEXCHANGE | BTC, LTC, ETH & DOGE ✪

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2015, 03:50:18 PM

At least 5 Bitcoins and you can start, otherwise you can have very small profit  Wink

5 bitcoins? I'm not ready to take this much risks. Even though I do not have 5 bitcoins either. Trading should begin with very low investments as we do not know how the market will react to our predictions. Some people here suggesting alt coin trading that must be the good idea for beginners.

Yes 5 bitcoin is a very big money to start your bitcoin trading. Taking leverage also must be riskier as it will auto square off your open positions when the open trade goes off against your predictions. Better do with small lot from a small investment for a small target.

After that i make a sell order with 0.5-1% higher and often get a very small profit.

I used to do that in the regular stock market. Buying, them selling for a very small profit, but making much buying / selling.

So you need a big amount to do so, right?

bitcoinmar

Activity: 812

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 04:02:40 PM

Its better option because slowly you can win race but if you will go without any analyze and spending huge amount its bringing you down badly
jt byte

Activity: 994

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 04:07:22 PM

I used to do that in the regular stock market. Buying, them selling for a very small profit, but making much buying / selling.

So you need a big amount to do so, right?

I think yes, a big amount to trade is required.
But as everyone i started with a small amount.
Just make a goal how much do you think to earn (being realistic)
erikalui
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2015, 06:08:53 PM

Whether it's BTC or Forex, 0.1 BTC ($25) is the minimum amount you need to start trading with to earn profit as starting with below this amount won't earn you much profit and it would be as good as not trading. I started trading with $25 on instaforex and $20 on ecoin.eu and the minimum I could make was about $6-$10 in a week which is worth it.

bitmarket.net

Activity: 323
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2015, 11:38:24 AM

If you are new to trading, my advice is to start small and gradually increase your size as you become better.
At the beginning, you should only risk the money you can afford to lose.

BitMarket.net- Europe's most advanced cryptocurrency exchange
Bitcoininspace

Activity: 574

View Profile
October 27, 2015, 01:06:38 PM

For more experienced traders (or at least some experience) there. Which would be the minimum to invest in order to have a chance to profit from trading? I would like to start as low has 10k satoshis, but as I have seen, many exchanges have minimums and minimums fees and that does not feel reasonable.

Let's say that we put a goal to earn 20k satoshis a day (on average) from trading... How much would you see you have to employ to achieve that?

You refer in trading alt coins? If you want profit from trading you should consider starting with a higher amount of coins to start. You won't gwt anywhere with your 10k satoshi. Indeed some sites has huge fees so you will only lose with that. Consider maybe starting with 0.01 btc.

Also make sure you know how the trading life works.

Most sites have a fixed % of your trades though. Like 0.2% so in theory it won't matter what you start with as long as you have the patience to do good trades. Your 0.001 will be growing anyway at the same rate as your 0.1 would have. Just that it's going to take you a lot longer to reach higher numbers starting that low.
coinplus
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1058

View Profile
October 30, 2015, 08:06:13 AM

For more experienced traders (or at least some experience) there. Which would be the minimum to invest in order to have a chance to profit from trading? I would like to start as low has 10k satoshis, but as I have seen, many exchanges have minimums and minimums fees and that does not feel reasonable.

Let's say that we put a goal to earn 20k satoshis a day (on average) from trading... How much would you see you have to employ to achieve that?

You refer in trading alt coins? If you want profit from trading you should consider starting with a higher amount of coins to start. You won't gwt anywhere with your 10k satoshi. Indeed some sites has huge fees so you will only lose with that. Consider maybe starting with 0.01 btc.

Also make sure you know how the trading life works.

Most sites have a fixed % of your trades though. Like 0.2% so in theory it won't matter what you start with as long as you have the patience to do good trades. Your 0.001 will be growing anyway at the same rate as your 0.1 would have. Just that it's going to take you a lot longer to reach higher numbers starting that low.

Percentage of commission are far good when we compare with fixed pipes. Almost all the forex trading are doing with this kind of commission style. So we must earn more than that to make our trading profitable. But luckily we have percentage of commission with bitcoin trading.
Timeline
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

TokenHouse decentralized cryptocurrency exchange

View Profile
November 01, 2015, 02:02:43 PM

It's probably wise to start off with low amount of BTC if you are just beginning trading.
Only trade with amounts you are comfortable losing.

Luqman

Activity: 826
Merit: 263

View Profile
November 01, 2015, 04:22:04 PM

Starts with money that you can lose with  Grin
CoinHopper

Activity: 280

Two heads are better than one.

View Profile
November 02, 2015, 04:58:38 AM

I'd say about 0.5 BTC, so you can stay ahead of your losses.
enhu
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1018

View Profile
November 02, 2015, 08:28:58 AM

Whether it's BTC or Forex, 0.1 BTC ($25) is the minimum amount you need to start trading with to earn profit as starting with below this amount won't earn you much profit and it would be as good as not trading. I started trading with $25 on instaforex and $20 on ecoin.eu and the minimum I could make was about $6-$10 in a week which is worth it.

how much leverage does it give?
I started trading on Oanda with $200 and I earn just about $1 per pip, you can't earn a dollar per pip with just $25 as the leverage would be an issue.
The bigger the starting investment the higher chance that you get to learn after losing.

██████████ BitcoinCleanUp.comDebunking Bitcoin's Energy Use ██████████
██████████                Twitter#EndTheFUD                 ██████████
newbitcoins

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 02, 2015, 05:25:09 PM

5 bitcoin is very big amount for a new starter. I think the novice should start trading with much smaller amount, something like 0.1 bitcoin.
bitmarket.net

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2015, 10:50:59 AM

If you are new to trading, you should be expected to lose money at the beginning.
Either becasue you will make some mistakes entering orders, or because you don't have "a feel" for the market yet.
Treat this money as the "tuition fee" you are going to pay for learning how to trade.

My advice is to start with as little as your exchange allows you and take it from there.
Once you are feeling more confident, you can add more capital, but do it slowly.

In your head, it will feel totally different trading 0.01 btc and 10 btc.

Markets are brutal for those who feel over-confident, whether it is stock, forex or bitcoin.

enhu
Legendary

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 01:21:15 PM

exactly. keep in mind that every time you ttrade someone else is betting on the other side against you. thats sort ofd how it works.
but i still do recommend to start with about 2btc with your proven trading system.

NextTroll

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 05:04:51 PM

At least 1 bitcoin
bitmarket.net

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2015, 05:05:41 PM

exactly. keep in mind that every time you ttrade someone else is betting on the other side against you. thats sort ofd how it works.
but i still do recommend to start with about 2btc with your proven trading system.

Bitcoin trading doesn't have to be a zero-sum game any more.
The person on the other side of your trade might be hedging his long position, it could be somebody using bitcoin to send funds to his familiy abroad or it could be a retailer selling bitcoins he's accepted as a payment.

The more uses there are for bitcoin, the more mature and stable market we are going to have.

enhu
Legendary

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 06:26:57 PM

Bitcoin trading doesn't have to be a zero-sum game any more.
The person on the other side of your trade might be hedging his long position, it could be somebody using bitcoin to send funds to his familiy abroad or it could be a retailer selling bitcoins he's accepted as a payment.

The more uses there are for bitcoin, the more mature and stable market we are going to have.

Good to know that. Same thing with Forex Trading?

I don't see any software to use with bitcoin actually unlike having the MT4 when it comes to Forex market. All I have seen is the BitcoinWisdom which is just fro browsers.

Hugroll

Activity: 756

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 06:41:42 PM

trading is fairly complicated, i tried trading a couple months ago and am still trying to make money off it to this day.
i would start off with something small, maybe like 10-20 bucks and learn when you should buy/sell before you put more capital in.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: