Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 12:45:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Buying Bitcoin was a worst decision of my life  (Read 15957 times)
Snorek
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 14, 2015, 02:05:48 PM

How many of you can admit that buying Bitcoin was a worst decision of your life? I can. I'm approximately -50% in fiat funds now.
-snip-
Buying bitcoin was bad decision because of what exactly? You expected probably that bitcoin price will explode and soon it will reach $1000 or even more.
When  that did not happen you started to become angry and sad? And you buy bitcoin because someone promised you fast money? I don't think so.
You buy it because of your greed, so please don't blame bitcoin for that.
n2004al
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 14, 2015, 03:28:57 PM

You should have not invested more money than you could lose. You should had gotten more information about   bitcoin so you could predict that the price would fall.

Interesting thing the sentence in bold. I have to much time with bitcoin but yet am able to find factors that can be studied and that can give indications about the movement of the price of bitcoin. Can you give some and how can be studied? I think that not every me but everyone can be interested about this thing.
pereira4
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183

View Profile
October 14, 2015, 03:35:28 PM

Well, just sit it up and hold until the price goes high again, and either keep holding or sell if you are too paranoid. If what you want is a get rich quick scheme that train sailed and it did 3 years ago. Now, to get rich with Bitcoin will need a good 5 to 10 years of holding and accumulating as much as possible which means the current price is simply perfect for long term visionaries.
n2004al
Legendary

Activity: 1134

View Profile
October 14, 2015, 03:53:14 PM

Well, just sit it up and hold until the price goes high again, and either keep holding or sell if you are too paranoid. If what you want is a get rich quick scheme that train sailed and it did 3 years ago. Now, to get rich with Bitcoin will need a good 5 to 10 years of holding and accumulating as much as possible which means the current price is simply perfect for long term visionaries.

So the only factor that can help me is to sit and to follow the price of bitcoin. Without eating and sleeping. And that was three years ago. Now the factors are changed and are only to wait 5 to 10 years. Very useful all those knowledges. A little hard to understand all but I will try. Anyhow now everyone know how to earn from the their bitcoins.  Wink
tokeweed
Legendary

Activity: 3962
Merit: 1419

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
October 14, 2015, 03:53:42 PM

How many of you can admit that buying Bitcoin was a worst decision of your life? I can. I'm approximately -50% in fiat funds now.
Sooner or later some type of bank chain or coin will come and gain mass adoption - while bitcoin still remaining a geek coin
to buy weed.
I know this forum is more like a cult than a information channel what comes to honest opinions but I know there's others
on this forum who feel the same, almost all of us. Don't let your cult believer ego come in the way.

So what, you're blaming this community for being an impediment on Bitcoin's adoption to the mainstream?  Really?  Is that what you really think?  I can't decide if you're an idiot or a retard.

You also blame this community for your losses, because you buy and hold something that is traded in a public exchange.  Look in the mirror, that's who's fault it is.  Better learn to trade kid because your losses are just gonna get bigger.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
ATguy

Activity: 423
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 14, 2015, 03:53:56 PM

Investing in currency is just speculation. It didnt worked for OP, but obviously every currency exchange rate cannot improve... At least you hold trusted currency because Bitcoin has fully public ledger, no superuser created new Bitcoins and sold it to the unsuspecting ones as might easily happen with fiat in their not public ledger Smiley

.Liqui Exchange.Trade and earn 24% / year on BTC, LTC, ETH
....Brand NEW..........................................Payouts every 24h. Learn more at official thread
Daniel91
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824

View Profile
October 14, 2015, 04:13:15 PM

Sooner or later some type of bank chain or coin will come and gain mass adoption - while bitcoin still remaining a geek coin
to buy weed.
I know this forum is more like a cult than a information channel what comes to honest opinions but I know there's others
on this forum who feel the same, almost all of us. Don't let your cult believer ego come in the way.

Bitcoin never was cult for me, only business and I act according to it:)
I didn't invest much money here,m I mostly earned my bitcoin in free ways, and some of this funds I already invested in other business opportunities.
Rest of funds I keeping in my wallet with hope that its value will increase eventually.
I can wait and in the meantime I'm working on my other businesses Smiley

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
October 14, 2015, 04:42:51 PM

I decided what I was comfortable with and went in with that amount. My sympathy for anyone who didn't is limited. No one's got a clue where this is headed and if you listen to anyone who thinks they do then you both need a slap
yankeebob

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 14, 2015, 11:15:57 PM

Buying/Selling bitcoin should be viewed as buying/selling any other commodity investment.  Be it gold, oil, corn or bitcoin the rules of supply/demand and popularity apply.  To the OP if you want to trade in Bitcoin start be finding out who the best commodity traders are and read everything they have to say.
chennan
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1004

View Profile
October 14, 2015, 11:23:16 PM

I decided what I was comfortable with and went in with that amount. My sympathy for anyone who didn't is limited. No one's got a clue where this is headed and if you listen to anyone who thinks they do then you both need a slap

Exactly, go with your gut feeling and if you think it's going to rise up in value over the short period of time (if you want to marginal trade on bitcoin), awesome... but if you don't think so, don't buy it... it's as simple as that.  As for me, I tend to make that decision every day for my self.  I see what new innovations are being made that might help out bitcoin in the long run and I go for a bigger purchase to hold; no matter if it starts to dip in price.  But for me thinking that a couple of coins might make it big time in the future, I purchase a mixture of them when I have extra funds.  But for now, I just sit back relax.. and when I have time to post on the forum, make some extra funds to hold on to with the sig campaign.

mayax
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1004

View Profile
October 15, 2015, 01:30:06 AM

Buying/Selling bitcoin should be viewed as buying/selling any other commodity investment.  Be it gold, oil, corn or bitcoin the rules of supply/demand and popularity apply.  To the OP if you want to trade in Bitcoin start be finding out who the best commodity traders are and read everything they have to say.

the commodities are regulated, BTC is not and that's why you can be cheated very easy. Smiley

Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
October 15, 2015, 02:24:00 AM

to buy weed.

victim of crypto scam coins and loss in BTC trades so dont laugh i drive Toyota 98

I made profit.

Im holding for 10000 years because we are going to be the new wealthy elite

How much did you pay for your first bitcoin?

3$

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1102808.msg11738607#msg11738607
How much do you make, trading every week ?

about 20btc a week  Smiley

how much do you make, trading every week ?

About 10-15 btc a week

The OP of this thread was ridery99's last post. Any questions? In case there are...

Re: Worst mistake you did with Bitcoin?

I sent 8 btc to my friend in 2011
dopecoindude
Legendary

Activity: 1512

The Dude Of DopeCoin

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2015, 02:36:04 AM

to buy weed.

Nothing wrong with buying weed Smiley

It is here folks. DopeCoinGOLD . The #1 Crypto-Weed Coin.
Dafar
Legendary

Activity: 1330

dafar consulting

View Profile
October 15, 2015, 02:45:12 AM

Lol  "a worst decision of my life"

Learn some english sissy boy

███████████
███████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
███████████████░████░░███████████████████
██████████████░░█░░█░█░░█░░██████████████
██████████████░░█░░█░█░░█░███████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████
███████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████████
██████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████
██████████
|
|
|
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
October 15, 2015, 02:53:18 AM

If it spreads to every druggist in the known universe then it looks like we're only stuck with several hundred million potential users. Quel dommage.
dopecoindude
Legendary

Activity: 1512

The Dude Of DopeCoin

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2015, 02:56:41 AM

If it spreads to every druggist in the known universe then it looks like we're only stuck with several hundred million potential users. Quel dommage.

You are correct. TO the BONG!

It is here folks. DopeCoinGOLD . The #1 Crypto-Weed Coin.
tokeweed
Legendary

Activity: 3962
Merit: 1419

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
October 15, 2015, 02:58:35 AM

to buy weed.

victim of crypto scam coins and loss in BTC trades so dont laugh i drive Toyota 98

I made profit.

Im holding for 10000 years because we are going to be the new wealthy elite

How much did you pay for your first bitcoin?

3$

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1102808.msg11738607#msg11738607
How much do you make, trading every week ?

about 20btc a week  Smiley

how much do you make, trading every week ?

About 10-15 btc a week

The OP of this thread was ridery99's last post. Any questions? In case there are...

Re: Worst mistake you did with Bitcoin?

I sent 8 btc to my friend in 2011

Wtf?

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
October 15, 2015, 03:05:19 AM

Buying Bitcoin was your worst decision of your life?  Well, I know one thing about you. You've never been married. lol

doublemore

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 15, 2015, 10:55:33 AM

Buying Bitcoin was your worst decision of your life?  Well, I know one thing about you. You've never been married. lol

Let me raise that to married with kids.... some are lucky though and it works out great, must be like 3%er.
okae
Legendary

Activity: 1401
Merit: 1008

northern exposure

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2015, 11:10:00 AM

Buying Bitcoin was your worst decision of your life?  Well, I know one thing about you. You've never been married. lol

you made me laught xD.

to buy weed.

about to the main OP, i must say that maybe you dont understand the risk or how the trading world works, let me ask you something in a possible future scenario:

if after the halving comes and the price grow up x2 or x3, purchasing bitcoins will be the best decision of your life?

not because you lost money with bitcoin means bitcoins is a bad decision Wink

btw im so sorry about that you lost money.

IMHO #1.b of suspects, Hal Finney is/was S.N.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: