Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 10:33:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Buying Bitcoin was a worst decision of my life  (Read 15963 times)
quentincole32

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 31, 2015, 02:44:16 PM

How many of you can admit that buying Bitcoin was a worst decision of your life? I can. I'm approximately -50% in fiat funds now.
Sooner or later some type of bank chain or coin will come and gain mass adoption - while bitcoin still remaining a geek coin
to buy weed.
I know this forum is more like a cult than a information channel what comes to honest opinions but I know there's others
on this forum who feel the same, almost all of us. Don't let your cult believer ego come in the way.
bitcoin are you bought when the price $ 700 or up? yes you are worth mention that buying bitcoin is a bad decision, and even then if you sacrifice a lot of things to buy. but for now, I am sure it was not a bad decision if you come back to buy bitcoin.

▃▃▌▌AMBROSUS▐▐▃▃▃ - TRUSTED QUALITY OF FOOD & MEDICINE
ICO date 13 September
Xialla
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

/dev/null

View Profile
December 31, 2015, 02:48:36 PM

I learned a lot about cryptography, currencies, linux and open source and lost dozens of BTC due to gox, BFL, KNC and avalon chips.

well, it was not so bad to go in with thousands of USD but I will not do it again for sure..
quentincole32

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 31, 2015, 03:06:12 PM

did you buy it when its $1200 ?

Then i have nothing to say about you lol .

You have to be pretty stupid to buy bitcoins at $1200. That is pretty much the highest price you could have bought it for. I bought bitcoin for $100, so I have already made a lot of profit, but I am still waiting for the price to go higher.

i am not sure if your bitcoin worth $100 still held, how much you bought when bitcoin price around $100?
no doubt you are already sold half or more of them isn't it?
i put a high respect to people who bought bitcoin when the price reached on highest ever, it mean that person totally believe bitcoin price will always going up , even it must started with the down trend price for years. it's a sacriface and they are the real bitcoiner.

▃▃▌▌AMBROSUS▐▐▃▃▃ - TRUSTED QUALITY OF FOOD & MEDICINE
ICO date 13 September
Daniel91
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824

View Profile
December 31, 2015, 03:15:38 PM

Right now, buying bitcoin is investment for the future.
If you buy now, when bitcoin is still relatively unknown, you can't expect to much, specially not some big profit.
This will change once bitcoin becomes mainstream.
So patience is virtue here Smiley

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
Bitcoinbro

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 31, 2015, 03:16:48 PM

Well buying an asset at the all time high is never a good idea. Or a risky idea.
So in a way you are to blame yourself by panic buying bitcoin...
Snorek
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 31, 2015, 03:33:28 PM

If you think bitcoin is not worth a shot. You obviously don't know story about bitcoin's pizza. (That topic is still floating around marketplace section.)
All you have to know is: some bitcoin user bought 2 big pizzas for 10.000 BTC and four years later these coins would be worth around $5 million.
Now tell me that bitcoin is not worth holding.
cointtoo

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 31, 2015, 04:33:50 PM

it depends on the time you bought the BTC, in a time it was $1000 so definitely that's a loss in fiat value at time to BTC fiat value now but if a person bought at $250 he/she would be already in good profit right now.

♦  Bitcoin-Scratchticket.com  ♦   ♦  Win Bitcoin Playing Scratchtickets  ♦    ♦  Provably Fair  ♦ 
ausbit
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1019

View Profile
December 31, 2015, 09:05:17 PM

it depends on the time you bought the BTC, in a time it was $1000 so definitely that's a loss in fiat value at time to BTC fiat value now but if a person bought at $250 he/she would be already in good profit right now.
Very true, if we trade Bitcoins then there will be ups and down rates and will not be same at any time like the shares market. If  some one know that the rates of Bitcoins is going down and down that time he should take it out at certain period of time.
nieninja53

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 09:01:44 AM

I think to pick the bitcoin in life when you feel it is good to buy for example it is right time and best option to buy bitcoin because it is seeing that the bitcoin price is in correction and it is down with difference of $1500 from $10.000 to $8500 and you have good time to buy because after correction it will again go to the moon,
upinros

Activity: 178
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 09:11:30 AM

You buy Bitcoin at a price lower than the price today so it's not something you regret. You can also make a profit with Bitcoin at any price. If you think it is a bad decision to invest inbitcoins then I think you must have done something wrong. Now you get a chance to double your bitcoin by the same amount. You will get a better average price eventually. Hold your Bitcoin.
jputra635

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 09:33:44 AM

Once you have decided to invest in bitcoin, you must be responsible upon any risk that may occur. it is really suggested to learn bitcoin before investing for anyone else.Investing in btc is very high risk but also high profit if you have known more how to invest.Your purpose is getting profit not loss, so should learn.more about btc before taking decision to invest more.
bubble pop

Activity: 265
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 09:40:31 AM

Considering I've been intelligent and bought and will continue to stash up coins at the lows no I don't consider it the worst decision of my life, the problem is so many idiots went and bought into the rise without first waiting to see what would happen and if it would stabalise.

Now all your profits are belong to me Smiley

Thar is true this is not the worst decision that I ever made in my life and this is a good decision actually and for me a blessing in disguise because that gives me money as a student of course I need a source of income and tbis is it the bitcoins is providing me that profit I needed. This just need a lot of patience like a lot of it because when they fall you are just gotta wait for a long.time before it gets back again. And put a lot of faith in bitcoins to enlighten your mind.
jerix

Activity: 168
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 09:43:08 AM

How many of you can admit that buying Bitcoin was a worst decision of your life? I can. I'm approximately -50% in fiat funds now.
Sooner or later some type of bank chain or coin will come and gain mass adoption - while bitcoin still remaining a geek coin
to buy weed.
I know this forum is more like a cult than a information channel what comes to honest opinions but I know there's others
on this forum who feel the same, almost all of us. Don't let your cult believer ego come in the way.
It seems you are wrong to buy Bitcoin is the worst decision for you. For me to know Bitcoin alone is included to be a lucky person let alone can buy it even with a lot. Surely I will be the happiest person to have Bitcoin. If we want to buy Bitcoin and want to invest in Bitcoin we must accept all the risks that exist in Bitcoin.
jekanmasin

Activity: 240
Merit: 11

Be Positive Always!

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 09:47:38 AM

to buy weed.

For me at this time. i would say bitcoin was has nothing to offer except one thing. it easy to sell and majority of webs are using it. other than that.. bitcoin just an old abandoned coin by satoshi. me personally using more ethereum base than bitcoin. but had to change it to bitcoin as my country hard to change it to fiat currency. With the high fees. i personally hate bitcoin. hope ethereum will grow bigger and easy to change into fiat someday.atleast in my country.

[ N O M I N E X ]     EXCHANGE     ◥      telegram     ► facebook     ► twitter
(❪   WIN 1000 USDT   ❫)        in        T R A D E R S   C O M P E T I T I O N
███ Create account ███ [ REF. CAMP. ] Nominex Binary Affiliate Program
dongyi17

Activity: 616
Merit: 100

FRX: Ferocious Alpha

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 09:51:31 AM

We all have mistakes and failures in the past and yet we still keep on trying and trying...you may have bad decision or experience in the past regarding bitcoin..hope you still have faith to somehow consider trying...even if it is painful... you maybe experienced worst but you can still experience great things when you do not give up.. investing in bitcoin is risky and its part of life.

NathanJB

Activity: 756
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 09:52:59 AM

to buy weed.

I am a little bit disappointed that this post is coming from a hero member who has been here in the forum for 3 years. Or is this account given to someone else, or hacked, or bought? Bitcoin is not just for illegal transactions and geek. It is for everyone.

This forum is far from a cult community. You know very well that this forum encompasses a lot of things. This forum even if called Bitcointalk is not just all about Bitcoin; it is also about altcoins, gambling, Bitcoin and altcoins mining, threads of new projects, and even discussions about off-topics and politics.  
Luigieee

Activity: 148
Merit: 4

A Blockchain Mobile Operator With Token Rewards

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2018, 09:57:49 AM

All of these is depends on how you understand the bitcoin,bitcoin graph bitcoin market and so on and also on how you know that the price is going on,buying biitcoin is not worst decision unless you can earn and you can use it in a good things.

△ M!R△CLE TELE (https://miracletele.com/) ▌  BRINGING MAGIC TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY ▐
Kupid002

Activity: 1036
Merit: 329

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 10:05:14 AM

We all have mistakes and failures in the past and yet we still keep on trying and trying...you may have bad decision or experience in the past regarding bitcoin..hope you still have faith to somehow consider trying...even if it is painful... you maybe experienced worst but you can still experience great things when you do not give up.. investing in bitcoin is risky and its part of life.
having some mistakes that you may done for is not as you can actually tell for that this could be the decision that you havent done for but we can actually see this for new opportunity for all your wrong may become right.

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄████████████████████▄
████████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
██████████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
.Defi for You.
defi.com.vn

Learn how to become your own bank and
implement a private investment strategy

▄▄                    ▄▄
█      Pawn | Sell     
           Services
      Buy   | Rent
     █
  ▀▀                    ▀▀

Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2018, 10:05:59 AM

Bitcoin was worth $245 when OP posted this topic and it was $19188 on 16 December 2017, so in just 2 years, it grew 78 times. This is the good example to keep in mind while determining the investment strategy. Bitcoin is a part of the highly volatile market and there is a risk with it but at the same time, the rewards are exponential. I wouldn't label this example as the worst decision to buy Bitcoin but the worst thing was not to hold it considering the possibility of returns it in the long run.
nebuch

Activity: 588
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 10:18:07 AM

I guess you were on the starting point before it was 2015 and now maybe you learn from your mistake from the past. I heard so many investors that they regrets for the loose but it was normal. We all know that people regrets because of unsatisfied self will to achieved whatever we plan. People didn't regrets what we achieved very well. To make yourself matured enough you need to accept the fact that life is not always on our side. Sometimes chances are not in our way but the good thing is you learn from every circumstances.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: