Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 01:07:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Have we lost our way ?  (Read 2470 times)
Spoetnik (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
October 13, 2015, 12:37:30 PM

Zero Sum i agree with what your saying too about Crypto not a solution to a real problem etc.
I too have thought many times we have Paypal etc etc.
BUT !
The big difference is we seem to need a digital currency that can be traded as a commodity publicly.. Like on the NY stock exchange etc.
So i'd say there is a niche for something like that but it has to be stable, safe and scalable over time.

If the only purpose of cryptocoins is to be traded on an exchange than having multiple cryptocoins is better than having one.

Some coins have their own way to try reach the real world and get out of the zero sum game. If you think like that there is no competition between cryptos: the fight is against other forces.

who said only ?

notice the part where i post 10 times a day here for years on end these should be used as intended.. as a CURRENCY !
Not sure how you missed that part when it's shouted so damn loudly non stop ahahha

FUD first & ask questions later™

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Nullu

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 13, 2015, 12:51:04 PM

I think some very interesting technologies have come out of the altcoin scene, and it's as good as we could have expected. I think what disappoints most is that they failed to "get rich quick", but it is that very mentality that plagues these boards, and that plagues the altcoin scene. It's killed off many coins, although the argument could perhaps be made that those coins that were innovative enough were able to ride the wave of the penny-stock pump-and-dump mentality and the singular gimmicks of bitcoin clones that are now since forgotten.

People have also grown tired of being fed each other's bullshit over buying into their bags. It's the same mentality of penny-stocks, and for every winner, there's a loser. If you want to play that game, then you're not investing in the future of cryptocurrency. You're short-term gambling.

Services and/or innovation, not gimmicks and shiny PR stunts designed to sucker in investors. This game has been long played out on the stock markets, and now the market has become saturated with altcoins. I think it's gone as well as could have been expected, really.

No altcoin is going to take Bitcoin's crown any time soon, not unless the coin suffers enough spectacular failure. Then any of the top altcoins could end up taking its place.

BTC - 14kYyhhWZwSJFHAjNTtyhRVSu157nE92gF
Spoetnik (OP)
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
October 13, 2015, 12:55:03 PM

You lead the charge Spoetnik.

Maybe have a poll on which coin is best for us to back?  Wait. That won't work. No one will want to buy other's bags.

How about a brand new coin we can all get behind? Wait. Already been done. Didn't we have bitcointalk coin already? Where did it go?

Herding cats is going to be easier than getting consensus here but I applaud your sentiment.

i have watched and warned everyone what is going to happen as we went from a small user base in the scene
right up to Bitcoin exploding to the inevitable down fall.. warning people of their actions and the repercussions.
and i think it's finally kicked them in the face (wallet) look around.. the scene is largely dead.

not sure i got all the answers but shooting yourself in the foot non stop forever is sure as hell not the answer.

problem is people want to make money.
and you guys where do you think that money comes from ?
your profit bragging is someone else's lack of money to pay rent or eat. ..but who cares right ?
as long as i make money..
well the problem with that is people get burned and walk away.. leaving crypto.
they wouldn't if they had confidence in the investment and seen it as such.
we would have happy bag holders with a positive outlook for the future.
people who think their investment will pay off in the future.

instead what we have here is irresponsible kids with money..
people who think if you invest in a scammy ponzi clone coin is fine.. because you will be able to dump and run with a profit in time.
my key point here is if you guys invest in scammy IPO stunt and you KNOW it's probably just another P&D heap off crap
then when the coin tanks and you get nervous your going to dump and prob for a loss.. leaving the super vulnerable and naive holding the bag.
the root off the problem is guys investing in stupid scammy IPO stunts knowing damn well they are all bs.
you buy into them (to make money) then your supporting them.
and what happens if things go bad ?
it's bad investment and this is precisely what happened in the housing crash of 2008 that rippled through financial markets across the globe.
the root of it all was hollow investments..
putting money in something that has no real value !
why ?
GREED. $$$

Either you guys get smart or game over.
I don't have to lecture people on being an idiot or not.
Wanna invest your money with a shady crack head in the hopes of making large investments then suffer the consequences.
When common sense tells ya invest in something that shows potential for growth in a natural and safe way.
then you won't be crapping your pants when your left holding $10,000 in Doge coin or something LOL

people need to stop being greedy little idiots and if they don't then feel the fire kidiots !
look around you.. this place has a shrinking user base.
I have known people who "got into Bitcoin" i met on the street.. 100% of them said the tried it out and quit.. LONG AGO !
they came and they left guys.. wake up.
and ask why..

btcxyzzz
Legendary

Activity: 888
Merit: 1000

Monero - secure, private and untraceable currency.

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2015, 05:15:27 PM

The Cryprocurrency Game is not a solution for any actual problem...
Bitcoin or Alts are not a "solution" for anyone with some credit cards and a PayPal account.

Fair distributed Cryptocurrency is a solution to massive fiat worldwide scam. The most important thing about Bitcoin is the way it is issued.

Token Bubbles – Transforming the ICO Rating and Analysis Space.
Nullu

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 13, 2015, 07:07:59 PM

Bitcoin or Alts are not a "solution" for anyone with some credit cards and a PayPal account.

Fair distributed Cryptocurrency is a solution to massive fiat worldwide scam. The most important thing about Bitcoin is the way it is issued.

Yes, and the majority of coin developers have prayed upon this and the success of bitcoin to make more bitcoin. Sometimes I think some people have become such shills they've actually started to believe their own rhetoric. Well of course your coin is going to be the next big thing. You're holding it.

Perhaps if more people were collectively focussed on creating a better cryptocurrency than primarily trying to line their own pockets, we'd be in a very different position, but when it comes to wealth, greeds always wins out.

Which is not to say that good things cannot be born of greed. Flowers grow in manure, after all.

BTC - 14kYyhhWZwSJFHAjNTtyhRVSu157nE92gF
snip60

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 13, 2015, 10:03:14 PM

Nothing like the world of altcoins to rid you of any illusions you had about human nature.
MicroGuy
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1030

Twitter @realmicroguy

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2015, 03:46:39 AM
Last edit: October 14, 2015, 03:57:31 AM by MicroGuy

We're 100% stabilizing. Smiley

The crypto cream will rise to the top over the next few years and the lightweights will be blown away like dust in the wind. Then, after the great consolidation, venture capital will begin flowing into the remaining stable/serious alts. Then the alternative scene will get really interesting.

kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876

View Profile
October 14, 2015, 04:06:47 AM
Last edit: October 14, 2015, 04:20:06 AM by kelsey

yes satoshi showed us how we can avoid the greedy bankers taking the billions cut but ummm himself taking billions cut  Huh
generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2015, 05:36:13 AM

people want to make money.

Taking this out of context to make a point. That's why we're here right? To make a money to replace the one that depends on selfish humans to act unselfishly--which they rarely do consistently or for very long.

What are the qualities of this new money we are trying to create? This money should be fungible. That's the only real qualification you need. One generic-coin equals one generic-coin. The properties of decentralized, private, and mathematically sound all follow from a need to create fungibility in order to have one coin always equal one coin. So find that coin and you've found the new money everyone has been trying to build. Why everyone adds complications to this is beyond me, but C'est la vie.

generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2015, 06:54:20 AM

What are the qualities of this new money we are trying to create? This money should be fungible. That's the only real qualification you need.

So our ideal crypto is going to be fungible, and have 3 year block times?

OK Sputnick, I'm beginning to see why you sound so hopelessly depressed in the OP.

If a dollar had to wait years in escrow to use it, I would hardly call equal to the one in my wallet, so your year+ blocktime would break fungibility.

e-coinomist
Legendary

Activity: 2380
Merit: 1085

Money often costs too much.

View Profile
October 14, 2015, 08:55:54 AM

"Fuck Bitcoin, I want to make money."

^ That is such a dumb comment from an idiot.  Comment should be "Go cryptocurrencies, so we could make lots of money."

The success of the whole scene (minus the scams, P&D's) is good for everybody longterm at different levels, not just profit.

< 0
Spoetnik (OP)
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
October 14, 2015, 10:07:57 AM

We're 100% stabilizing. Smiley
The crypto cream will rise to the top over the next few years and the lightweights will be blown away like dust in the wind. Then, after the great consolidation, venture capital will begin flowing into the remaining stable/serious alts. Then the alternative scene will get really interesting.

Were not stabilizing we're skidding along to a slow and gradual death..

I have heard that endlessly and i still don't buy it..
mainly because the only thing we achieved in Crypto is a long.. LONG bad track record.
Ever heard of a coin or service etc walk off with large amounts of money with the "I got hacked story"
we have a black eye that gets blacker over time.. this will effect that rebound of Altcoins you guys think is coming.

@kelsey
fair enough but Satoshi never power dumped on us all crashing the price into the dirt.. and he could have (if he even still had those coins)
and i can name some examples where this did happen (in the Altcoin scene)
having Satoshi sit on that many coins and NOT dumping them when BTC was over $1,000 a coin shows confidence.

TrueAnon
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile
October 14, 2015, 08:21:33 PM

1ex.trade and wbb are at least trying to point things in the right direction Smiley
kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876

View Profile
October 15, 2015, 04:54:00 AM

@kelsey
fair enough but Satoshi never power dumped on us all crashing the price into the dirt.. and he could have (if he even still had those coins)
and i can name some examples where this did happen (in the Altcoin scene)
having Satoshi sit on that many coins and NOT dumping them when BTC was over $1,000 a coin shows confidence.

or greed, consider he envisaged btc as a global player, i'd say bailing at $1k would be selling too low. whats the one thing people with ridiculous amounts of money normally want? more money Shocked
bit1
Legendary

Activity: 938

View Profile
October 15, 2015, 05:15:58 AM
Last edit: October 15, 2015, 05:26:10 AM by bit1

Hi @Spoetnik
You said: Facebook had broke the 1 billion users logged in record recently.

Yeah, Because it is not opensource, Is free, And it like to almost of youngest peoples , And certains sectors of goverments, ETC,  Does  any crypto have it?

Edit:  Another interesting question   could be:  How many investors have it?
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: