Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 10:30:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Best ways to trade BTC in Canada?  (Read 949 times)
beeteecee (OP)

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2012, 05:01:01 AM

I'm already on localbitcoins.com for OTC trade but the demand in my city (Vancouver) is not that high now. I've made a couple of sales for almost nothing (2%), just to check that everything works fine. However, it's not worth my time, I want to sell for at least 5%.

I tried bitcoinary.com and sold BTC with PayPal. I wasn't that fortunate to last for several months, my account got frozen in a week. If PP didn't freeze accounts it would be such a nice business.

I hear Interac e-transfers can also be used by scammers because they are not irreversible.

So, I just wanted to hear from fellow Canadians. What are the best ways to trade BTC in Canada besides OTC?

Thanks!
DoogieHouser

Activity: 133
Merit: 100

Bitcoin Enthusiast

View Profile
October 26, 2012, 11:38:56 AM

Perhaps I am not fully understanding your question, but I use cavirtex.com.

--Doogie
beeteecee (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2012, 05:47:52 PM

Yes, I buy there as well.

I meant reselling bitcoins to people for some profit beyond Cavirtex.
nobbynobbynoob

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

Annuit cœptis humanae libertas

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2012, 05:53:08 PM

I wish you luck with this venture. When I was living in Vancouver about ten years ago, it seemed like the types who hung out at Hastings and Main had no need for a service like the Silk Road anyway. Grin

I'm sure there are plenty of Vancouverites who'd love to invest in BTC at the current prices. They are computer savvy and many of them are seriously cashed up too. It's a beautiful city with all the wealth disparity you see in the US and then some, and yet despite that, there are few if any gated communities that I could see.

Earn Free Bitcoins!   Earn bitcoin via BitcoinGet
BTC tip: 1PKkvuwC24Vqjv9odigXs1QVzE66jEJqmb (if <200 µBTC, please donate to charity)
LTC tip: LRqXaNdF79QHvhPpS5AZdEJZnLiNnAkJvq (if <Ł0,05, please donate to charity)
beeteecee (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2012, 07:55:34 PM

Thanks!

Yeah, East Hastings inhabitants don't really need the Silk Road. But I don't sell BTC just because it's popular on the Silk Road. I want it to go really mainstream.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: