Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 02:10:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: If brought to Bitcoin, do you think there's a market for it?
Yes - 11 (57.9%)
No - 6 (31.6%)
Not Sure - 1 (5.3%)
Maybe - 1 (5.3%)
Total Voters: 19

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Cutom Guitar Pick Poll  (Read 1906 times)
logansryche (OP)

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 26, 2012, 08:59:15 AM

Hello everyone, have a poll here.
Last few months been contemplating which endeavor I wanted to get into and settled on Custom Guitar Picks after seeing a small boom on Listia.
I have a cart set up already to accept dollars, but the point of the poll is to see if there would be a market for them if I started accepting bitcoins for payment.
Cart isn't fully ready as I'm waiting for stock.

-Matt
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1128

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2012, 09:10:53 AM

Hello everyone, have a poll here.
Last few months been contemplating which endeavor I wanted to get into and settled on Custom Guitar Picks after seeing a small boom on Listia.
I have a cart set up already to accept dollars, but the point of the poll is to see if there would be a market for them if I started accepting bitcoins for payment.
Cart isn't fully ready as I'm waiting for stock.

-Matt

You should talk to Dank. Maybe you two can work on his festival and you provide the picks.

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 26, 2012, 09:20:01 AM

You should talk to Dank. Maybe you two can work on his festival and you provide the picks.

I suspect that logansryche and dank in combination would cause a serious disturbance in The Force.

Good to see you back logansryche.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
greyhawk

Activity: 952
Merit: 1009

View Profile
October 26, 2012, 09:55:23 AM

I think this is a great idea. Dank wouldn't have to worry about soda supply anymore.
davout
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1007

1davout

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2012, 10:13:56 AM

I would totally pay for a turtle shell pick with my precious Bitcoins

greyhawk

View Profile
October 26, 2012, 10:18:57 AM

They don't do real one's anymore, unfortunately. It's all Delrin now.
davout
Legendary

1davout

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2012, 10:34:10 AM

You can legally get turtle shell picks if the material they're made from was gathered before they were classified as a protected species.
I actually had one, it had a little "compliance" mark on it to certify that the stock was pre-existing to the ban on turtle hunting.

I lost this pick and I'm willing to purchase a new one.

I'll spend my coins on the real deal, not some substitute. If they were easy to find I would just pay with fiat Smiley

davout
Legendary

1davout

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2012, 10:34:41 AM

<--- You see this man ? He played with the real thing Cheesy

greyhawk

View Profile
October 26, 2012, 10:41:11 AM

I've inherited one.  Wink No compliance marks either.
logansryche (OP)

View Profile
October 26, 2012, 10:49:39 AM
Last edit: October 26, 2012, 11:02:35 AM by logansryche

Delrin or Celloid

Good to see you back logansryche.
Thanks, it's been too long. Much has changed I see.
repentance

View Profile
October 26, 2012, 11:03:12 AM

There's no reason not to add Bitcoin as a payment option.  The market's obviously a niche one and wouldn't work as a Bitcoin only enterprise, but it's not as though adding Bitcoin as a payment option is going to be difficult or expensive, so why not?  Establishing a stable supply of quality products is going to be more important to your success than whether or not you accept Bitcoin.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
greyhawk

View Profile
October 26, 2012, 11:04:53 AM

Delrin or Celloid

Yeah, but Celluloid is horrible with steel strings.
davout
Legendary

1davout

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2012, 11:09:29 AM

I could also settle for a pick made from bone.

logansryche (OP)

View Profile
October 26, 2012, 11:12:27 AM

Yeah, but Celluloid is horrible with steel strings.

Lovely from a product derived from pvc. Delrin is generic nylon I think, I remember both being marketed heavily by Dean Markley.

Right when I thought I saw it all, I found some made of teak, oak and felt/rawhide, although I'm pretty sure they wouldn't play well.
davout
Legendary

1davout

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2012, 11:37:27 AM

Right when I thought I saw it all, I found some made of teak, oak and felt/rawhide, although I'm pretty sure they wouldn't play well.
Some wood picks are actually really good

Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2012, 11:50:56 AM

Only if it is human bone.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
repentance

View Profile
October 26, 2012, 11:38:34 PM

You need to fix up your website.  The "page not available" errors are annoying enough but it gets worse.

http://cosmicpicks.x10.mx/stores.php

Also

Upcuts are picks cut from materials other then guitar picks such as credit cards, flyers, etc..

The word you're looking for is than.  The sentence as written doesn't make sense anyway. 

logansryche (OP)

View Profile
October 27, 2012, 06:38:40 AM

You need to fix up your website.  The "page not available" errors are annoying enough but it gets worse.

http://cosmicpicks.x10.mx/stores.php

Also

Upcuts are picks cut from materials other then guitar picks such as credit cards, flyers, etc..

The word you're looking for is than.  The sentence as written doesn't make sense anyway. 

Thanks for catching that, and the site does work, why are you going to stores.php? I don't have any stores besides this one.
Also, the site isn't 100% finished since I don't have stock just yet(not making that mistake again).
repentance

View Profile
October 27, 2012, 10:22:28 AM

Thanks for catching that, and the site does work, why are you going to stores.php? I don't have any stores besides this one.
Also, the site isn't 100% finished since I don't have stock just yet(not making that mistake again).

Remove the stores link if you don't have stores.  Remove all of the links which aren't going to lead to meaningful content.  If links are on your site, people will click them.  If they lead somewhere which is obviously still under construction - or even worse, showing raw code - it is going to affect their opinion of your business.

logansryche (OP)

View Profile
October 27, 2012, 11:14:59 AM
Last edit: October 27, 2012, 12:22:38 PM by logansryche

Remove the stores link if you don't have stores.  Remove all of the links which aren't going to lead to meaningful content.  If links are on your site, people will click them.  If they lead somewhere which is obviously still under construction - or even worse, showing raw code - it is going to affect their opinion of your business.
Yep, that stores link had more links on it, mysql hiccuped and reset itself, so I removed the module. I think I have everything situated now except for the links page(i'll be working on that later today). Always good to have another set of eyes look things over in case I missed something.

Since it seems so far that there would be some sort of market here for custom guitar picks(even if their not being used to play guitars), I'm working on a payment module since bitpay doesn't have one for presa shop

EDIT: going to use the gateway for walletbit. Looks prosmising.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: