Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 05:51:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Wallet for iOS????  (Read 4421 times)
bitmarket.io (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2015, 03:36:13 PM

Where is it? ETA??

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
achow101
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 6631

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2015, 04:08:54 PM

Go to https://bitcoin.org/en/choose-your-wallet and choose ios. There are many wallets.

chennan
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1004

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 05:22:46 PM

I would suggest either breadwallet or blocktrail to use for your iOS... The benefits vary for each wallet you can get on iOS, but with breadwallet you can actually connect to the blockchain network, and with blocktrail you can still have your security key words...

Do your own research though and figure out which one is best for you.

bitmarket.io (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2015, 05:36:18 PM

I'm guessing there isn't one officially made by the bitcoin community like bitcoin core?
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 6125

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 05:39:06 PM

Where is it? ETA??

I'd recommend you to choose BlockTrail wallet , they may be new but they are pretty good and they have great potentials also the design is sick !
I also made a topic about them , so people give their suggestions (so in case you use and you have suggestions to be added you post here) : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1181934.0

I'm guessing there isn't one officially made by the bitcoin community like bitcoin core?

I guess this is it  : https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.schildbach.wallet (but there is a version for iOS)

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
bitmarket.io (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2015, 05:47:54 PM

Where is it? ETA??

I'd recommend you to choose BlockTrail wallet , they may be new but they are pretty good and they have great potentials also the design is sick !
I also made a topic about them , so people give their suggestions (so in case you use and you have suggestions to be added you post here) : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1181934.0

I guess this is it  : https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.schildbach.wallet (but there is a version for iOS)

Yes I know there is for Android. There isn't one for iOS. That's what I was asking. I feel more comfortable with public open software you know.
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 05:51:24 PM

Where is it? ETA??

Yes I know there is for Android. There isn't one for iOS. That's what I was asking. I feel more comfortable with public open software you know.

Yes I know , we all do . I suggested BlockTrail because it's open source as-well and here is the github repository : https://github.com/blocktrail/blocktrail-wallet

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
bitmarket.io (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2015, 06:14:19 PM

Where is it? ETA??

Yes I know , we all do . I suggested BlockTrail because it's open source as-well and here is the github repository : https://github.com/blocktrail/blocktrail-wallet

Why is BlockTrail not listed on bitcoin.org?
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 06:18:51 PM

Where is it? ETA??

Why is BlockTrail not listed on bitcoin.org?

I can't tell , maybe they simply forgot to update the website or maybe there is x time to wait before theymos or whoever the owner of bitcoin.org add the wallet (until he see reviews etc ...  )

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Mashuri

Activity: 135
Merit: 107

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 06:46:03 PM

Airbitz is my choice wallet for IOS and Android.

unamis76
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1009

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 07:43:06 PM

breadwallet source code is public and it's an amazing app. I've tried several wallets for iOS and none struck my eye as breadwallet did. It's simply amazing. Has enough functionality for a mobile wallet, it's simple, secure, very nicely developed and the developer is pretty much always around to help and answer questions. It's a very solid and nice project.

There are quite a few wallets. I don't see a need for more, unless some groundbreaking client is coded... A new client would bring the same functionality as another client already has. There's enough competition, a new product would most likely add to the confusion.
Hugroll

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 08:06:33 PM

try bither it has a lot of functions that other ios wallets usually dont have like importing custom private keys.
voisine

Activity: 115
Merit: 19

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 08:38:34 PM

breadwallet is officially created by the bitcoin community! I am a member of the bitcoin community and I wrote it, so it's official. Smiley

breadwallet supports features like importing private keys.

it's the first SPV wallet for iOS, (meaning it connects directly to the bitcoin network, and doesn't trust or rely on servers operated by the wallet provider) and it's the first SPV wallet that runs on a malware hardened platform.

only you control your private keys, and they are held in the secure enclave using strong hardware backed AES encryption, so you have protection even if the phone is stolen.

blocktrail looks very nice, however it is what's called a "server-trusting" wallet. It relies on a server run by blocktrail. When their server goes down, your funds become unavailable until you import your keys into another wallet.
bitmarket.io (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2015, 08:40:22 PM

breadwallet source code is public and it's an amazing app. I've tried several wallets for iOS and none struck my eye as breadwallet did. It's simply amazing. Has enough functionality for a mobile wallet, it's simple, secure, very nicely developed and the developer is pretty much always around to help and answer questions. It's a very solid and nice project.

There are quite a few wallets. I don't see a need for more, unless some groundbreaking client is coded... A new client would bring the same functionality as another client already has. There's enough competition, a new product would most likely add to the confusion.

I completely agree. Thanks for the post. I like breadwallet so far.

breadwallet is officially created by the bitcoin community! I am a member of the bitcoin community and I wrote it, so it's official. Smiley

it's the first SPV wallet for iOS, (meaning it connects directly to the bitcoin network, and doesn't trust or rely on servers operated by the wallet provider) and it's the first SPV wallet that runs on a malware hardened platform.

only you control your private keys, and they are held in the secure enclave using strong hardware backed AES encryption, so you have protection even if the phone is stolen.

blocktrail looks very nice, however it is what's called a "server-trusting" wallet. It relies on a server run by blocktrail. When their server goes down, your funds become unavailable until you import your keys into another wallet.

Thanks for the info! I'm using it for now!
chennan
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1004

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 08:43:24 PM

Yeah, I tend to put the majority of my bitcoins I want "mobile" on my phone... and then whatever is remaining on my desktop wallet.  With breadwallet though, I tend to feel even more secure about storing my bitcoins on there than anywhere else because of the security measures they use; they even allow the fingerprint authentication for you to easily access your wallet without the hassle of entering in some long password you created for the wallet, which I find very convenient.

voisine

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 08:58:34 PM

An iOS device is much more secure by default than any of the popular desktop environments. Desktop systems aren't hardware encrypted, don't have app sandboxing, don't require code signatures, etc...

Read the iOS security white paper for more info: https://www.apple.com/business/docs/iOS_Security_Guide.pdf

There is currently a million dollar bounty for anyone who can remotely compromise an iOS device: https://www.zerodium.com/ios9.html

Yeah, I tend to put the majority of my bitcoins I want "mobile" on my phone... and then whatever is remaining on my desktop wallet.  With breadwallet though, I tend to feel even more secure about storing my bitcoins on there than anywhere else because of the security measures they use; they even allow the fingerprint authentication for you to easily access your wallet without the hassle of entering in some long password you created for the wallet, which I find very convenient.
achow101
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 6631

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2015, 09:26:39 PM

An iOS device is much more secure by default than any of the popular desktop environments. Desktop systems aren't hardware encrypted, don't have app sandboxing, don't require code signatures, etc...

Read the iOS security white paper for more info: https://www.apple.com/business/docs/iOS_Security_Guide.pdf

There is currently a million dollar bounty for anyone who can remotely compromise an iOS device: https://www.zerodium.com/ios9.html

But you can't run a full node from an iOS device. I prefer full node security over the security of a mobile device since my desktop is much harder to steal, I don't do stupid things like click random links so I don't get viruses, and I can run a full node for my own protection and to help the network.
Yeah, I tend to put the majority of my bitcoins I want "mobile" on my phone... and then whatever is remaining on my desktop wallet.  With breadwallet though, I tend to feel even more secure about storing my bitcoins on there than anywhere else because of the security measures they use; they even allow the fingerprint authentication for you to easily access your wallet without the hassle of entering in some long password you created for the wallet, which I find very convenient.

bitmarket.io (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2015, 02:38:08 PM

Is it possible to access the same funds using my laptop (bitcoin-qt) and my iPhone (bread) and keep the two wallets in sync?
voisine

View Profile
October 14, 2015, 02:49:37 PM

Is it possible to access the same funds using my laptop (bitcoin-qt) and my iPhone (bread) and keep the two wallets in sync?

You should never store Bitcoin private keys on a desktop system unless you are a security expert who knows how to harden that system against malware. Bitcoin is digital cash and requires a much higher standard of security than a typical web service login.
bitmarket.io (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2015, 03:07:09 PM

You should never store Bitcoin private keys on a desktop system unless you are a security expert who knows how to harden that system against malware. Bitcoin is digital cash and requires a much higher standard of security than a typical web service login.

It's not a desktop system.  I said laptop. You answer was nothing but spam. DUH I know it's digital cash and that I am my own bank....
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: