Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 03:18:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: VPS hosting and legalities of hosting gambling site made in U.S.  (Read 1156 times)
Harpua (OP)

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

Spastic dead-eyed hound.

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 04:36:22 PM

So I was really wanting to try and open up my own gambling site, because I think I have come up with a great new idea for games to be created.  I was thinking that would it be possible to by pass some laws by purchasing a VPS server from, say, Switzerland and be ok hosting the site through there?  I don't know what I should do, all I know is that I have a pretty unique idea for a game.. and just don't know how to make it into a reality while earning some profit from my idea...

Any suggestions on what I should do to remain under the Fed's radar? Or should I just go ahead and try and apply for a gambling license... I don't know if that would be possible, where I'm located, because I don't live anywhere close to Nevada or New Jersey..
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
October 15, 2015, 08:06:37 AM

what's the problem to do it in the legal way, the gambling license is so expensive that it is prohibitive for you to follow this route?

if it a small business you can try with a vps or a vm+vpn that don't keep the log, maybe add an additional proxy, to be more secure

if you get caught, not big of a problem with few money in play i guess
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: