Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 07:53:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Problem with cryptsy.com?  (Read 2711 times)
CoinEnthusiast

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 09, 2015, 11:38:18 AM

Recently I've had problems like this from blockchain.info to another site. Things like this can happen and the blockchain is not infoulable. It's possible the transaction got stuck and will take a week or so before it's released(I've had this happen with blockchain). I can show the support emails form blockchain where this has happened a couple times. I don't think it's healthy or production to always blame somebody without due cause. Cryptsy was always good with me and support. Maybe I don't use it as often as some of you but since 2013 I really haven't had any significant issues...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
FlensGold (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1405
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 09, 2015, 12:07:18 PM

Recently I've had problems like this from blockchain.info to another site. Things like this can happen and the blockchain is not infoulable. It's possible the transaction got stuck and will take a week or so before it's released(I've had this happen with blockchain). I can show the support emails form blockchain where this has happened a couple times. I don't think it's healthy or production to always blame somebody without due cause. Cryptsy was always good with me and support. Maybe I don't use it as often as some of you but since 2013 I really haven't had any significant issues...
Unfortunately the BTC never arrived although more than one month has passed Sad
vancefox
Legendary

Activity: 1033
Merit: 1005

View Profile
November 09, 2015, 12:37:31 PM

Unfortunately the BTC never arrived although more than one month has passed Sad

If the transaction doesn't make the blockchain then the coins just go back to where they started.  The code is built so no coin should ever not just be dropped from the blockchain... it has to go somewhere.

If your btc never arrived it's because it was never sent.

This space not for rent...
foxkyu

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 09, 2015, 04:16:40 PM

If the transaction doesn't make the blockchain then the coins just go back to where they started.  The code is built so no coin should ever not just be dropped from the blockchain... it has to go somewhere.

If your btc never arrived it's because it was never sent.
Wow, interesting. I just know about that. So the code built that if 'failed' transaction, coin goes to somewhere, which is not back to the owner?? cmiiw

If was true, than from the start exchange only purpose to scammed their customer. That's very scare.
dwyer17

Activity: 199
Merit: 100

Give 'em the pickle

View Profile
November 10, 2015, 04:57:04 AM

I am having a similar problem, but my status is stuck on Pending.

I e-mail support, they said they are working on it.

It has been over 24 hours though. Not okay.
bitcoinmar

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 10, 2015, 10:38:33 PM

For small amounts they are working OK but with big amounts its not going good I have 3 small transactions all done very fast and smooth but few friends stuck trying to withdraw big amounts over 1 bitcoin and above
cohnhead

Activity: 840

View Profile
November 14, 2015, 03:37:13 PM

I just found this thread.....ive been customer for over 2 years...was fully verified for over a year.  For some reason they have rolled back my tier to tier 2 ...even though by rights I should be tier3.
Still I have had no problems withdrawing btc...ltc and some other alts.

not sure of what tier levels those complaining are?  that info could be the reason

this thread is the longest and most interesting :

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1173703.740
crazyivan
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007

DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!

View Profile
November 14, 2015, 07:38:33 PM

This is easy, just dont use Cryptsy anymore.

Problem solved.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
Lahvacekmoney

Activity: 210

View Profile
November 14, 2015, 08:11:15 PM

Yes,do not use Cryptsy Smiley
I'm currently using Poloniex :3
cohnhead

View Profile
November 14, 2015, 08:24:01 PM

poloniex is great, but they don't offer the number of coins to trade as crypsty does...granted most are shit...but still at least you can trade them
nor the volume that crypsty offers.
as said before...exchanges are risky.
Lahvacekmoney

Activity: 210

View Profile
November 14, 2015, 08:33:14 PM

poloniex is great, but they don't offer the number of coins to trade as crypsty does...granted most are shit...but still at least you can trade them
nor the volume that crypsty offers.
as said before...exchanges are risky.

Cryptsy is currently in my SCAM list  Roll Eyes If you are using cryptsy,i wish you good luck Smiley
cryptocoinex

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2015, 07:10:24 AM

Don`t want to be true, but i did write post in my blog back in 11.12.2014 (it can be verified http://proofofexistence.com/detail/f303df84d32e8c5c3433a807d4b6da36f782bc4e03c6cf41a907ea2193a0e16b that it was written then).

http://blog.cryptocoinex.org/2014/12/cryptsy-is-the-next-mtgox.html

There is a problem whit there balance BTC (so they only payout whit alt coins).
Lets hope they resolve it and its just my bad sense but i think it will end badly..

It all started as soon as they announced  rebate on your BTC balance (something that may attract people to keep there BTC balance whit them)..
Northstar

Activity: 50

View Profile
December 01, 2015, 07:57:56 AM

I am going to call it out as it is, Cryptsy is insolvent in terms of BTC, either due to a hack or outright theft by insiders. Either way, we are not being told the truth. There are many things that point to all this. Where do I even begin?

1. The most obvious problem: many, many users are reporting slow withdrawals of BTC. I have been observing the Cryptsy chat for the last two days, as well as other places online and especially since around Nov 25th, no one is getting their BTC withdrawals. It gets stuck in "pending". I myself tried withdrawing 5.5 BTC and it was stuck for half a day. I created a support ticket and it was ignored for a few hours. They responded with the generic "we are working on an issue" that everyone else is getting. I made a DOGE withdrawal around the same time, and that cleared within 5 minutes. So from that and from reading others' responses, I knew some alts withdrawals are working.

2. Not an issue with their site - Their support staff are working, as evidenced by their response to my tickets. Their system receives deposits correctly and timely, and DOGE withdrawals work well too. I withdrew various amounts several times and they all happened within 5 minutes. So the issue is specific to BTC/DASH/ETH and some other more popular coins. Which leads me to believe they simply have no coins to cover the withdrawal requests.

3. Complete silence on the issue: you will not find any statement or anything that remotely resembles an acknowledgement that there is a serious problem. People who cause too much fuss in the chat get banned, some for one year.

4. Big Vern himself posted a tweet on Oct 21st, right around the time when the Tier system was incorporated, that "there are some good deals to be had on Alts right now". This seems like a marketing ploy to boost volume slightly and make money off commissions, but the main added effect would be BTC coffers swelling at the expense of Alt coin wallets. It is possible the problem with solvency has began back then, and it does coincide with the first reports of delayed BTC withdrawals.

5. The importance of trust - from other big sites going belly up, exchange operators know that once users' trust is gone, it can never be fully regained again. If there was a technical issue, like a prolonged DDoS attack, they would have admitted it in a timely manner, everyone has problems once in a while, but admitting to it boosts trust in the user base. In this case, there is complete silence despite a very obvious serious problem, and it's only getting worse. I think the only logical explanation is that Paul Vern knows that the only way to save the ship is "a la pyramid style", if mass panic is avoided and if he can hold off on people withdrawing their BTC for just long enough, he can recuperate enough funds to keep going (in case Cryptsy was hacked). OR, if the funds were stolen by an insider, then he is just buying more time. It is obvious they are trying to avoid a run on the BTC wallet, and it's probably already completely insolvent given that no one has been able to withdraw even the smallest amounts in the last 4-5 days. (I even tried withdrawing small incremental amounts, as small as 0.049 BTC, and still it didn't go through).

Basically, I am confident this is the end of Cryptsy, there is no good reason for what's been happening and the silence on Cryptsy's part. Save your funds and GTFO while you still can. While we are on the subject, here is how I was able to get my ~9btc out of there since yesterday:  buy Doge. Yes, you will take a hit. You only have a couple of viable options where to sell them later, right now you can buy them for 38-39sats on Cryptsy and sell them back on Poloniex for 32-33 sats, the situation is the same on BTC38, you can sell them for CNY and then buy BTC with CNY with the same result. You are losing about 15% in the process. From my research (and I stayed up most of the night yesterday looking at all sorts of options) Doge is the only currency that you can still buy on Cryptsy in large amounts and withdraw without issues.

If you have a stuck pending withdrawal of BTC, you can create a ticket asking to cancel your withdrawal. It's amazing how quickly they responded to 2 such tickets that I created. It's like they don't want you to even try taking out BTC, could it be because they don't have any?

Again, this is one option that you have, take it or leave it, I lost ~1btc in this process but I saved 8, to me it was worth the risk, because I am pretty sure this ship is not salvageable. Their shady practices combined with the fact that this is a wide-spread issue now, leads me to believe Cryptsy is, as of yet, unofficially insolvent.

One more thing, for anyone who wants to know where to look for their coins, here is the Founder and CEO's name and home address:

Paul E. Vernon
8656 Tourmaline Blvd.
Boynton Beach, FL 33472

This is publicly available information that can be discovered by anyone who does a little digging.
I wish everyone best of luck, and I hope this was helpful to at least some of you.
Northstar

View Profile
December 01, 2015, 08:02:11 AM

By the way, I challenge an official representative from Cryptsy, preferably Paul Vernon to come forward and prove me wrong on all this.

Come forward and make a fucking statement already, and let everyone know what is going on and why.
inget

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 01, 2015, 08:47:27 AM

By the way, I challenge an official representative from Cryptsy, preferably Paul Vernon to come forward and prove me wrong on all this.

Come forward and make a fucking statement already, and let everyone know what is going on and why.

Cryptsy went to silent mode. And that's exactly why people are losing more and more trust.

I really thing cryptsy is standing on it last steps, i can't see them reachin new year.
cohnhead

View Profile
December 01, 2015, 03:35:26 PM

not sure if you have correct info on principle owner. that may be old address
this other thread has dox info on all related parties to the shitstorm formally known as crypsty
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1173703.0

Northstar

View Profile
December 01, 2015, 06:23:25 PM

not sure if you have correct info on principle owner. that may be old address
this other thread has dox info on all related parties to the shitstorm formally known as crypsty
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1173703.0

Sorry, I can't comb through 78 pages of tread right now, could you point me to the particular post(s) with his updated info? Thanks.

I think people have the right to know who has their coins, or had, and where they can be found, especially when they are obviously hiding.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: