Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 08:57:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: thinking about offering miner hosting , plz read -feedback/suggestions/interest  (Read 888 times)
jstew (OP)

Activity: 469
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 06:21:04 PM

at my one place i have ALOT of very cheap power , there's only 2 places in the usa i know of with cheaper power.

#1 i have more power then ill ever come close to using just due to the fact i don't have the money needed to fill up the power with machines

so here is an idea ive been thinking about , which helps out both me and ppl who have high electricity cost/machines sitting unplugged because they run at a loss

basically i would host machines for ppl no monthly charge- no setup fee , we take the actual cost of power right off the top of what the machine makes per month.
Then me and the owner of the hardware split the remaining profit on a predetermined percentage that we would work out before hand until the miner no longer turns a profit.
At the point when the miner no longer turns a profit the owner can have it shipped back to them , or if they sell the machine on ebay or such it can be shipped from me directly to the new owner etc etc.

obviously i need to figure out how i would do the payments and were those miners will mine , either i just point them all at one account and manually pay each person weekly on what they earned with there percentage , or maybe ill trust the user to let there hardware miner for them and trust them to make the payments to me at the end of each week

since this requires trust on both half's i think i would let the machines mine directly for the owner and let them send me the payments, this way we have to trust each other and its not just the owner having to trust me , and doing it this way if the owner doesn't make a payment i just shut the machines off

to give u an idea on what i pay for power i can still run s1's for a lil bit of profit

if anyone has interest in this suggestions or any other feedback let me know

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
flikflak

Activity: 408
Merit: 259

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 07:11:35 PM

Love it!

I'm looking for months now and havn't found any good housing partners. The best I could get is a $0.10 per KWh contract in a datacenter around the corner, but they are not into the "housing a miner" business yet. I'm at 0.17 per KWh and squeezing out $0.30 a day, well it could be worse.

jstew (OP)

View Profile
October 13, 2015, 06:51:16 AM

Love it!

I'm looking for months now and havn't found any good housing partners. The best I could get is a $0.10 per KWh contract in a datacenter around the corner, but they are not into the "housing a miner" business yet. I'm at 0.17 per KWh and squeezing out $0.30 a day, well it could be worse.

ill let u know if it ever goes anywere , i am doing some hosting but its for ppl i know from my old mining pool , i honestly thought there would be more interest or some sort of feedback on this
chicagoleo

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 13, 2015, 08:48:34 AM

I'm sure there is a certain percentage of people willing to partner with you on their bitcoin mining, which is what your asking essentially, and then there are people looking for colocation of their mining gear, but I think those are two different things, and not one in the same.

ChiMinerHosting@$74/kw
http://www.ync.net -> here is what we do
OnkelPaul
Legendary

Activity: 1039
Merit: 1004

View Profile
October 13, 2015, 09:06:27 AM

I think it would be easier if you just calculated a fee structure and then let people decide whether your hosting offer is competitive.
The "trust based" approach is likely to cause disagreements about proper distribution of profits between you and your customers.

However, if you want to avoid running this as an actual business, your approach might work if you find people whose needs match your profile.
Good luck!

Onkel Paul

jstew (OP)

View Profile
October 13, 2015, 06:34:55 PM

I think it would be easier if you just calculated a fee structure and then let people decide whether your hosting offer is competitive.
The "trust based" approach is likely to cause disagreements about proper distribution of profits between you and your customers.

However, if you want to avoid running this as an actual business, your approach might work if you find people whose needs match your profile.
Good luck!

Onkel Paul

i could just offer hosting prices 60-65$ a kw ,but i figure offering it as a partnership would be better as the person would pay less for hosting but yet i would still make some btc for my time and work i put in

but i think ur right , if i just offered hosting at the prices i said above there would prolly be a ton of ppl that would gladly pay that price versus what some of the other places get
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 14, 2015, 05:53:48 AM

Good luck!

Onkel Paul

i could just offer hosting prices 60-65$ a kw ,but i figure offering it as a partnership would be better as the person would pay less for hosting but yet i would still make some btc for my time and work i put in

but i think ur right , if i just offered hosting at the prices i said above there would prolly be a ton of ppl that would gladly pay that price versus what some of the other places get

I think offering a set structure to will be best.  Sharing profit's sounds good but it just is pretty open and hard to do if your hosting a lot of different miners.  Each model would have a different split.  Just get's really really complicated.

It would take a lot of trust upfront.  People would want to see pictures of it making sure it's not a deathtrap for miners.
kilo17
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

aka "whocares"

View Profile
October 14, 2015, 06:09:53 AM

Good luck!

Onkel Paul

I think offering a set structure to will be best.  Sharing profit's sounds good but it just is pretty open and hard to do if your hosting a lot of different miners.  Each model would have a different split.  Just get's really really complicated.

It would take a lot of trust upfront.  People would want to see pictures of it making sure it's not a deathtrap for miners.

I agree, trust is the biggest issue- I think it was Minersource that just F&%$ed a bunch of people.  I live in TN and our rates are also some of the best in the country- we pay right at $0.10 but the rates drop to like $0.06 per kW after the first 50 kW.  My miners use 50 kW now and it would be beneficial to me to take on some people and share the price but not only would I need to be trusted with the equipment but heaven forbid there is a fire or the miners are stolen- then what?

Bitcoin Will Only Succeed If The Community That Supports It Gets Support - Support Home Miners & Mining
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: