Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 10:19:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Exporters or Wholesalers Who Take BTC?  (Read 741 times)
OROBTC (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1852

View Profile
October 13, 2015, 12:04:50 AM

I am interested in business possibilities, and paying by Bitcoin.

Of most interest to us would be exporters and wholesalers in Asia, especially auto parts, who would take BTC as payment.  American auto parts suppliers are too expensive, too greedy...  Low price is extremely important.  For our customers in Peru.

Please reply here, not by PM.
thejaytiesto
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014

View Profile
October 13, 2015, 12:35:28 AM

Unfortunately I don't know any, im also interested. Apparently Yandex is considering it

http://thebitcoin.news/russian-internet-behemoth-yandex-considering-bitcoin-for-finance-portal/

I think they do wholesale stuff, this is extremely bullish news. Once Alibaba jumps in we are all rich.. is that simple.
BTChaintrader

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2015, 02:16:50 AM

Bitcoin is too volatile to be used in an import/export business right now. Especially large scale.

You should consider businesses where it's not necessary to exchange your BTC to a fiat everyday. With import/export you might not do it, but the people you are going to buy from will have to do it, so it's not a good deal for them, unless they charge you a premium but in this case you won't have the cheap products.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
October 13, 2015, 02:17:52 AM

Japan's barely cottoned on. China's expressly prohibited from using it for commerce. Your options may be limited in the extreme.
OROBTC (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 13, 2015, 03:13:44 AM

Japan's barely cottoned on. China's expressly prohibited from using it for commerce. Your options may be limited in the extreme.

Quite right.  NONE of our suppliers are into BTC (and probably do not know what it is).  Besides, our company's accounting would be more confusing with BTC payments.  Bitcoin would give us more options, for example in a capital or currency controls environment.

Maybe next year!

So, I guess for now it's HODL, HODL, HODL...
ikydesu

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

fb.com/Bitky.shop | Bitcoin Merch!Premium Quality!

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2015, 03:55:36 AM

Googling it. And found this: http://bitpages.co/listing/guide/automotive/auto-parts
hl5460
Legendary

Activity: 1620
Merit: 1000

news.8btc.com

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2015, 05:03:20 AM

I guess BTC volatility will be a major concern for Chinese exporters.

Zawamiya

Activity: 526
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 13, 2015, 05:17:53 AM

I guess any business in China that wishes to gradually move their money out of the country might be interested in taking Bitcoin. There are alot of massively wealthy business owners under the radar in China.
OROBTC (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 13, 2015, 05:46:57 AM

I guess any business in China that wishes to gradually move their money out of the country might be interested in taking Bitcoin. There are alot of massively wealthy business owners under the radar in China.

Yes, I can see all kinds of interesting possibilities along those lines.  Capital is fleeing China rather quickly.  And we have an ocean-front condo that we would like to sell for "more than it is worth".  BTC would make all kinds of sense to any in China who has a lot, or wants a lot...
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
October 13, 2015, 05:59:36 AM

Yes, I can see all kinds of interesting possibilities along those lines.  Capital is fleeing China rather quickly.  And we have an ocean-front condo that we would like to sell for "more than it is worth".  BTC would make all kinds of sense to any in China who has a lot, or wants a lot...

Indeed, they would need to earn those bitcoin first to get them out of the country. Most easy way for them would be to pay yaun for a product and sell that later on towards bitcoin.

Probably the easiest way right now to get money moving without too many flags being raised.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: