Bitcoin Forum
September 10, 2024, 08:16:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Server PSU to ATX Adapter?  (Read 1102 times)
BitJunkie223 (OP)

Activity: 88
Merit: 10

Vertcoin stealthy master race.

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2015, 04:28:36 AM

I remember searching a while back for some sort of server PSU to ATX conversion, but I don't remember ever finding one.

Has anyone "cracked the code" on this, so to speak? I'm looking to use server PSU to power my miners, and an adapter to be able to do this would be fantastic. You know, same old, same old. Smiley

http://cryptos4all.com - The ultimate cryptocurrency faucet!

BTC: 1Q2RkkSo4LSY1m5Q7JtMLZw1QjV1Lfnmgd
sidehack
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 1859

Curmudgeonly hardware guy

View Profile
October 13, 2015, 04:35:54 AM

If you want a server PSU to power a miner, you likely don't need an ATX adapter. If you want to use a server PSU to power an ATX motherboard, however, that's a different story.

There are at least five different people on the forums who have been manufacturing and selling breakout boards and interfaces for at least ten different models of server PSU for going on two years. What models do you have?

Cool, quiet and up to 1TH pod miner, on sale now!
Currently in development - 200+GH USB stick; 6TH volt-adjustable S1/3/5 upgrade kit
Server PSU interface boards and cables. USB and small-scale miners. Hardware hosting, advice and odd-jobs. Supporting the home miner community since 2013 - http://www.gekkoscience.com
vuli

Activity: 233
Merit: 100

Andrius | Junior Business developer at Unboxed ICO

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2017, 07:50:55 PM

Is anyone using combination of atx psu + server psu. I am thinking to use atx psu just to power mobo, disks, raisers and server psu to power gpus (6pin/8pin)

Unboxed - rowing community of people getting paid to do what they love to get a share of the $36 billion brands are spending annually on Facebook Ads
fanatic26

Activity: 756
Merit: 560

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 09:24:42 PM

Look up Pico PSU adapter. It is what you are looking for.

Stop buying industrial miners, running them at home, and then complaining about the noise.
leowonderful
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1130

Bitcoin FTW!

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 09:39:02 PM

or an alternative is to just wire up a 24 pin connector (however many pins your motherboard needs) onto the screw terminals of your breakout board and that should work as well. PicoPSU also works quite well, but it does require another power brick to wire up to it if I am correct.
gt_addict

Activity: 2534
Merit: 623

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 10:32:14 AM

or an alternative is to just wire up a 24 pin connector (however many pins your motherboard needs) onto the screw terminals of your breakout board and that should work as well. PicoPSU also works quite well, but it does require another power brick to wire up to it if I am correct.

No you dont require a power brick. Ive got a 6pin pcie to 8pin EPS adaptor made up with a pigtail that powers the pico via a screw terminal barrel jack. Everything is connected to an HP 750w server psu with sidehack breakout board.

There is a guy selling his own version of what ive deacribed above in the "Goods-Hardware" section of the forum.

**SUPPORT SIDEHACK** Miner Development Donations to:  1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr

Donations/Tips to:-   1GTADDicTXD1uachKKgW24DZDxDGhSMdRa

Join Bitconnect: https://bitconnect.co/?ref=gtaddict
leowonderful
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1130

Bitcoin FTW!

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 10:40:35 AM

No you dont require a power brick. Ive got a 6pin pcie to 8pin EPS adaptor made up with a pigtail that powers the pico via a screw terminal barrel jack. Everything is connected to an HP 750w server psu with sidehack breakout board.

There is a guy selling his own version of what ive deacribed above in the "Goods-Hardware" section of the forum.
Ah, I didn't know that. Most people I know just used a power brick with em, which I thought was absolutely dumb. Good to know there's a way to power those cheap as well.
gt_addict

Activity: 2534
Merit: 623

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 05:17:22 PM

Ah, I didn't know that. Most people I know just used a power brick with em, which I thought was absolutely dumb. Good to know there's a way to power those cheap as well.

Yea i always thought it was a daft way to power a small computer, why not just buy a laptop instead, same power brick but not needed all the time lol

**SUPPORT SIDEHACK** Miner Development Donations to:  1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr

Donations/Tips to:-   1GTADDicTXD1uachKKgW24DZDxDGhSMdRa

Join Bitconnect: https://bitconnect.co/?ref=gtaddict
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: