Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 01:27:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: this crap is getting old  (Read 1932 times)
jacee
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1024

View Profile
October 14, 2015, 02:12:05 PM

if accounts does get locked because of the secret question (still not sure if it's true), then it's kind of the user's fault if their account got locked for doing something that is clearly not recommended.

also I've been wondering... it says "you are banned from using this forum!" there on OP. does that means he really got "banned" for breaking forum rules or did he got "banned" only for security? I hope a mod can answer this.

Sorry Guest, you are banned from using this forum!
For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com

Based on the message OP got. It must've been for a security reason. I don't think those people who receives a ban has that message. Also people who gets ban here can't post outside meta, based on the latest post of OP, he can post outside. If it were a ban he could've got a ban evasion because of this so I think it's not for othwr reason other than security measure.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 14, 2015, 04:19:33 PM

if accounts does get locked because of the secret question (still not sure if it's true), then it's kind of the user's fault if their account got locked for doing something that is clearly not recommended.

also I've been wondering... it says "you are banned from using this forum!" there on OP. does that means he really got "banned" for breaking forum rules or did he got "banned" only for security? I hope a mod can answer this.

At this point people should not use security word.  I think ever since hack a while back it has not been secure to consider secret question secure.   (Please correct me I could be wrong but I think time frame fits).

The best thing for people to do is treat password to forum like a paper wallet for a private key.  Store it safely, and don't need to reset password.  That would solve many peoples problems.  And it would take 5 - 10 minutes to do a nice paper wallet type and never have to reset again.

titibach

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 14, 2015, 05:45:19 PM

Op got trouble because he reset password from secret question..

How about got permanen banned because change password directly?? Because she usually change any of her internet account atleast once in 2-3 months.. She changed her password yesterday and today got perma banned...
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 15, 2015, 01:28:30 AM

Op got trouble because he reset password from secret question..

How about got permanen banned because change password directly?? Because she usually change any of her internet account atleast once in 2-3 months.. She changed her password yesterday and today got perma banned...

Does it say something like OP?  If it's like that then it's like op on needing to contact admins on getting account back. Example:

Sorry Guest, you are banned from using this forum!
For security, your account has been locked. Email emailxxxxx@theymos.e4ward.com

If it is a true perma ban it is not from changing password.  Can you post a picture of reason?
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: