Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 03:51:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why Satoshi Nakamoto WON'T win a Nobel Prize  (Read 5032 times)
johnyj
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1012

Beyond Imagination

View Profile
October 16, 2015, 04:07:29 AM

Similar to Nobel peace prize which once awarded to Obama, economy prize is very political. In fact economics is not science but politics, all the economy theory directly benefit one group of people while hurt another group of people, due to the nature of economics (resource allocation)

Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
free10

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 16, 2015, 05:40:35 AM

I dnt think that it is possible to actually award nakamoto, could be a rule against that. Furthermore, if it was actually a group of people, only 3 of the group (if bigger than 3) can be awarded for the same thing; there would need to be some establishment of hierarchy. Take for example, Rosalind Franklin who took pictures of the structure of DNA that was published on nature's publication but was not awarded the nobel prize since her job was only taking data, a bit harsh for a rule eh?
n2004al
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 16, 2015, 05:46:23 AM
Last edit: October 16, 2015, 09:47:20 AM by n2004al

Similar to Nobel peace prize which once awarded to Obama, economy prize is very political. In fact economics is not science but politics, all the economy theory directly benefit one group of people while hurt another group of people, due to the nature of economics (resource allocation).

Disagree with this conception of economy conception. If the economy is a normal market economy no one will be be hurt (or very few will are they which would feel hurts) if it will be a normal person who made every kind of job. Normally in such economies everyone is rewarded by the job made. So, you will have that which deserve to have. The resource allocation doesn't mean in itself the hurt of someone and the joy for another but take that you give.  Smiley
RKing

Activity: 56

View Profile
October 16, 2015, 09:36:10 AM

When Bitcoin goes mainstream, it is possible to award Nakamoto Nobel Prize if he wants to identify himself.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
October 16, 2015, 10:34:07 AM
Last edit: October 16, 2015, 11:56:01 AM by Amph

When Bitcoin goes mainstream, it is possible to award Nakamoto Nobel Prize if he wants to identify himself.

i doubt he is not holding a very big fortune, it's the reason i think he is not revealing himself anywhere, and i doubt he care about the price nobel, he seems someone who like to be anon and not reveal his identity

not someone that aim at being famous with his face

i doubt he is holding a very big fortune, it's the reason i think he is not revealing himself anywhere, and i doubt he care about the price nobel, he seems someone who like to be anon and not reveal his identity

You think that 1 000 000 bitcoin (see the first link below) or 1 500 000 bitcoin (see the second link below) are not a big fortune? Lol. I will be very happy and will consider myself as a big lucky person if I had even with 1000 of those. Much more than happy and lucky ...  Cheesy

Or you think that hime has donated all those....  Huh

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satoshi_Nakamoto

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=37333.0

p.s. was a mistake, i mean  "he is not holding" forgot the not  Cheesy
n2004al
Legendary

View Profile
October 16, 2015, 10:40:25 AM

i doubt he is holding a very big fortune, it's the reason i think he is not revealing himself anywhere, and i doubt he care about the price nobel, he seems someone who like to be anon and not reveal his identity

You think that 1 000 000 bitcoin (see the first link below) or 1 500 000 bitcoin (see the second link below) are not a big fortune? Lol. I will be very happy and will consider myself as a big lucky person if I had even with 1000 of those. Much more than happy and lucky ...  Cheesy

StevenLiang

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 16, 2015, 12:35:13 PM

In my opinion, the one who create bitcoin is not only one person. They are in one group which named as Satoshi Nakamoto.

And i think (probably) they are not brave enough to resposible for BTC.

They will be in a very safe condition now.
confirmation120

Activity: 224

View Profile
October 16, 2015, 02:22:11 PM

Not just he wont win it,  It will be never collected would be a waste of an award.
Xagon6

Activity: 12

View Profile
October 16, 2015, 02:25:04 PM

Lol Economists.

Remember these two?  Myron Scholes and Robert Merto.  They won a Nobel price on 1994 based on some derivatives model idea they had then started a hedge fund based on that model.  They failed miserably and lost billions.

LTCM? Their model is still being used today. I doubt that they deserved a Nobel prize for it though, the great 2008 crash had a lot to do with the model they created
knowhow

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 18, 2015, 06:20:22 PM

i doubt he is not holding a very big fortune, it's the reason i think he is not revealing himself anywhere, and i doubt he care about the price nobel, he seems someone who like to be anon and not reveal his identity

p.s. was a mistake, i mean  "he is not holding" forgot the not  Cheesy

Since the begining him didnt had show is face,he made bitcoin anonymous for all as their identy,soo why woul he get bored because a prize?We using their creation ,and it reaches the current level,and being alive is a huge sucess and enough to him be prouf of his creation.
And sure he is milionaire soo he is spending some bitcoin or using fiat to buy confort travel around the world and even see where he can pay with bitcoin and supporting his big child.
eternalgloom
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2015, 02:31:13 AM

Lol, Obama winning the peace nobel prize says enough about its credibility Smiley

pjsonowal

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 19, 2015, 02:45:08 AM

Satoshi doesn't need to win it. Nobel prize has completely lost its values and has become just an instrument of the rich to justify their doings and to mislead the masses. I mean Obama has won it, what else we need to say.

Exactly.. Nowadays NOBEL PRIZE is nothing its just an instrument of the riches to proof it to the world...

designerusa
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1028

View Profile
October 19, 2015, 07:45:25 AM

Nobel prizes do not hold anything other than advertisement value nowadays.
It is very political and politic figure are strong people so they can easily reach prizes like nobel.
Mr. Nakomoto will be more famous than nominated economists at nobel prizes.
RKing

Activity: 56

View Profile
October 19, 2015, 08:59:04 AM
Last edit: November 01, 2015, 08:10:18 AM by RKing

Nobel prizes do not hold anything other than advertisement value nowadays.
It is very political and politic figure are strong people so they can easily reach prizes like nobel.

Mr. Nakomoto will be more famous than nominated economists at nobel prizes.

That statements applies to Nobel Peace, Literature and Economy Prize. The award of these prizes is very arbitrary and controversial.
n2004al
Legendary

View Profile
October 20, 2015, 12:08:53 PM

p.s. was a mistake, i mean  "he is not holding" forgot the not  Cheesy

Since the begining him didnt had show is face,he made bitcoin anonymous for all as their identy,soo why woul he get bored because a prize?We using their creation ,and it reaches the current level,and being alive is a huge sucess and enough to him be prouf of his creation.
And sure he is milionaire soo he is spending some bitcoin or using fiat to buy confort travel around the world and even see where he can pay with bitcoin and supporting his big child.

No one of the first 1 000 000 bitcoins is spent. All those are stored there where only Satoshi know. If he spent even 1 satoshi it will be traced by to many "maniacs" of the following of the flow of bitcoins since on its origin. So, if Satoshi spent only one 1 satoshi from its wealth it will be identified (the wallet and from wallet maybe even other things). He knows this and all that good of God is sleeping who know where. I don't know and don't understand to much about these things but I know that everything write above by me it is true. That is what I have read in some place in internet.
RealBitcoin

Activity: 854
Merit: 1007

JAYCE DESIGNS - http://bit.ly/1tmgIwK

View Profile
October 20, 2015, 12:39:09 PM

Dont worry guys , an Economic Nobel Prize is not a honor, it's a dishonor.

I mean getting decorated by the keynesian ponzi scheme cult is not the best wish of your life isnt it? Satoshi would never get that award because he was a laissez-faire free market capitalist Smiley

Quinn

Activity: 168

View Profile
October 20, 2015, 03:56:10 PM

http://6abc.com/news/angus-deaton-wins-nobel-prize-in-economics/1019212/

Who won? Angus Deaton

What did he do? Deaton's work has helped redefine how poverty is measured around the world.

Why is it important? Deaton's work has helped governments better understand individual consumption choices and how they impact broader economies. The Nobel committee says the award revolved around Deaton's study of three central questions: "How do consumers distribute their spending among different goods?" "How much of society's income is spent and how much is saved?" and "How do we best measure and analyze welfare and poverty?"

Satoshi Nakamoto is overqualified.

Surely Satoshi Nakamoto will not win a Nobel price.  His identity is still in dispute.
Poppy

Activity: 154

View Profile
October 20, 2015, 04:30:40 PM

http://6abc.com/news/angus-deaton-wins-nobel-prize-in-economics/1019212/

Who won? Angus Deaton

What did he do? Deaton's work has helped redefine how poverty is measured around the world.

Why is it important? Deaton's work has helped governments better understand individual consumption choices and how they impact broader economies. The Nobel committee says the award revolved around Deaton's study of three central questions: "How do consumers distribute their spending among different goods?" "How much of society's income is spent and how much is saved?" and "How do we best measure and analyze welfare and poverty?"

Satoshi Nakamoto is overqualified.

How could Satoshi Nakamoto win a Nobel prize?  His identity is not even clear.
Kevin77
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057

View Profile
October 20, 2015, 05:50:42 PM

I do not think that identity is not a concern for a noble prize as many people had won noble prize after their life also. So, may be noble prize would make Satoshi to unveil himself to the world. I'm very much ken to know him for his dedicated work for the financial world.
coinplus
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1058

View Profile
October 20, 2015, 06:05:02 PM

I do not think that identity is not a concern for a noble prize as many people had won noble prize after their life also. So, may be noble prize would make Satoshi to unveil himself to the world. I'm very much ken to know him for his dedicated work for the financial world.

Yes. At least to receive the noble prize, Satoshi Namamoto must come out. But we can not push the noble prize committee for a prize for inventing the bitcoin system right now. May be after the huge success of bitcoin and financial revolution from it would make people to award Satoshi a noble prize.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: