Bitcoin Forum
July 06, 2024, 12:02:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: General tips for improved security.  (Read 431 times)
ibno (OP)

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 26, 2012, 09:55:01 PM

I get a feeling that there's much focus on securing the wallet. This is very important, but if you have an insecure system to begin with you're still very vulnerable. For instance, if you get compromised and end up having a key-logger installed on your system your strongly encrypted wallet is in danger as soon as you type out your password. This is why having a good security perimeter is essential. So how can we get more secure systems? When should we be satisfied and what level of paranoia is reasonable? Some say that security is like being chased by a bear when you're out hiking - you don't have to outrun the bear, you just have to outrun your hiking partner. Maybe this philosophy creates sloppy tactics, but I think there's something to it.

So what do you do to secure your system and where do you draw the line of "secure" and "insecure"?
Foxpup
Legendary

Activity: 4410
Merit: 3062

Vile Vixen and Miss Bitcointalk 2021-2023

View Profile
October 26, 2012, 10:27:55 PM

Armory's offline wallets are secure against everything except physical access to your machine, and absolutely nothing is secure against that, so this is as secure as it gets.

Will pretend to do unspeakable things (while actually eating a taco) for bitcoins: 1K6d1EviQKX3SVKjPYmJGyWBb1avbmCFM4
I am not on the scammers' paradise known as Telegram! Do not believe anyone claiming to be me off-forum without a signed message from the above address! Accept no excuses and make no exceptions!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: