Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 12:19:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: If a member here gets a perma-ban, can the user still create another account?  (Read 647 times)
jacee (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1024

View Profile
October 13, 2015, 02:23:37 PM

So I was wondering, there is this thing called ban-evasion here. So if someone did this the result will be perma-ban, right? With this perma-ban, are all the alts get the same ban ? If then after that perma-ban of the account, Can the user still create another account without risking it to be banned? Roll Eyes

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1520

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2015, 02:28:00 PM

So I was wondering, there is this thing called ban-evasion here. So if someone did this the result will be perma-ban, right? With this perma-ban, are all the alts get the same ban ? If then after that perma-ban of the account, Can the user still create another account without risking it to be banned? Roll Eyes

Ban evasion will increase your existing to the next level. Thus if you are evading your first ban you may still come back after a longer time period has passed.

A ban includes all accounts, no matter the length. The only exception is to create a new account (or use an existing unbanned one) to discuss your ban in meta.

Its essentially the person that is banned not the account

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
jacee (OP)
Legendary

Merit: 1024

View Profile
October 13, 2015, 03:10:23 PM

Ban evasion will increase your existing to the next level. Thus if you are evading your first ban you may still come back after a longer time period has passed.

A ban includes all accounts, no matter the length. The only exception is to create a new account (or use an existing unbanned one) to discuss your ban in meta.

So that means any other account created after the perma-ban is safe to use and don't have the risk of getting banned for no reason at all? So it means that the IP of that person is already on the bad list of he forum right?
fronti
Legendary

Activity: 2909
Merit: 1307

View Profile
October 13, 2015, 03:15:44 PM

So that means any other account created after the perma-ban is safe to use and don't have the risk of getting banned for no reason at all? So it means that the IP of that person is already on the bad list of he forum right?

it is safe only for discussing here in the meta subforum.

If you like to give me a tip:  bc1q8ht32j5hj42us5qfptvu08ug9zeqgvxuhwznzk

"Bankraub ist eine Unternehmung von Dilettanten. Wahre Profis gründen eine Bank." Bertolt Brecht
ndnh
Legendary

Merit: 1005

New Decentralized Nuclear Hobbit

View Profile
October 13, 2015, 03:18:48 PM
Last edit: October 13, 2015, 07:46:02 PM by ndnhc

Nope. Creating another account after perma-ban and start posting that would simply get you another perma-ban. Smiley
shorena meant after a long (Edit, clarified: like ~100 years) period of time.

Yeah, the IP would get evil points.
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2015, 03:24:39 PM

Nope. You get perma-banned. i.e. Creating another account after perma-ban and start posting that would simply get you another perma-ban. Smiley
shorena meant after a long period of time.

Yeah, the IP would get evil points.

Sorry, I think I wrote that overly complicated.

Perma ban = all accounts of that person are banned forever. This includes accounts created later as long as the admins catch the person.
Time ban = all accounts of that person are banned for the given time, if one account evades the ban, the time increases.

Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2015, 04:58:08 PM

Perma ban = all accounts of that person are banned forever. This includes accounts created later as long as the admins catch the person.
Time ban = all accounts of that person are banned for the given time, if one account evades the ban, the time increases.
If you evade your ban the chances are higher that you will be permanently banned rather than the time period being increased.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2015, 06:06:51 PM

If you evade your ban the chances are higher that you will be permanently banned rather than the time period being increased.

Thanks for the clarification I always had the impression that you just gain a level on the ban meter. I did not know you could skip a step. Makes sense though, if you consider cases where the banned user discussed the ban first only to use a different account that BadBear missed right afterwards.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: