Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 11:11:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Instant exchange on the merchant's site?!  (Read 521 times)
Mokka223 (OP)

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 13, 2015, 05:13:14 PM

Hello.
Is this scenario can be done?

Can somebody pay at the merchant's website with his/her card (Visa/MasterCard), on the same time, the merchant receives instantly bitcoins?

Thanks

Thanks.
pereira4
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183

View Profile
October 13, 2015, 05:17:33 PM

Hello.

Can somebody pay at the merchant's website with his/her card (Visa/MasterCard), on the same time, the merchant receives instantly bitcoins?

Thanks

Thanks.

There are some cards that let you pay in fiat, and then the card extracts BTC from your wallet (you assign the card what BTC addresses to take the BTC from or something like that). I think Xapo and Bit-X have a service like this so look it up.
DeepMix

Activity: 6

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2015, 05:53:38 PM

Hello.

Thanks

Thanks.

I am slightly confused.

Are you asking as a merchant or as a customer?
hunnaryb

Activity: 506
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 13, 2015, 05:56:38 PM

Hello.

Thanks

Thanks.

There are some cards that let you pay in fiat, and then the card extracts BTC from your wallet (you assign the card what BTC addresses to take the BTC from or something like that). I think Xapo and Bit-X have a service like this so look it up.

What he means is to spend fiat and for merchant to receive btc.

▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇

aakashsangwan

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

PUGG.io

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2015, 06:41:37 PM

what is the meaning of the topic do you want us to do exchange in your merchant site or are you asking the merchant site where you can exchange instant .

Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 13, 2015, 08:34:53 PM

Hello.

Thanks

Thanks.

You can find a bitcoin credit card, check on my signature.

Also coinbase have a tools for bitcoin merchant: https://developers.coinbase.com/docs/merchants/payment-buttons

Or the easy way is show your merchant QR code for store an amount, on your smartphone, or use a computer with a monitor show a QR code, so costumer just scan it.
Mokka223 (OP)

Activity: 15

View Profile
October 14, 2015, 11:03:58 AM

Thank you all for your replies,

What I mean is exactly like what hunnaryb said.

In other words, the imagined scenario as follows:

Some websites offer instant Bitcoin purchase like Truecoin. If such website is embedded inside any merchant's website using HTML tags like <iframe>, the users will be able to get instantly their Bitcoins inside the merchant's website. Then the purchased bitcoins are forward automatically to the merchant's wallet to proceed the purchase. This process can make the users feel as if they used FIAT instantly to buy their goods.

This can be done with a developer. I'm asking if that can be done on the exchange level to look professional.

Thanks

pawel7777
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1571

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2015, 12:35:32 PM

Thank you all for your replies,

What I mean is exactly like what hunnaryb said.

In other words, the imagined scenario as follows:

Some websites offer instant Bitcoin purchase like Truecoin. If such website is embedded inside any merchant's website using HTML tags like <iframe>, the users will be able to get instantly their Bitcoins inside the merchant's website. Then the purchased bitcoins are forward automatically to the merchant's wallet to proceed the purchase. This process can make the users feel as if they used FIAT instantly to buy their goods.

This can be done with a developer. I'm asking if that can be done on the exchange level to look professional.

Thanks

First of all, I don't think there would be demand for such service. Most merchants (even if they are BTC enthusiasts) would prefer to keep most of their income in fiat, simply because they pay with fiat for vast majority of their operational expenses (stock, electricity, salaries etc). I can't imagine why any merchant would opt for instant conversion to BTC of all their sales income (well, maybe it would work if you operate in a country with hyperinflation).

The other thing is the risk of chargebacks. It's easy and safe to instantly convert fiat to bitcoins (i.e. as BitPay does it) as BTC payments are irreversible, but it would get more complicated if you try to do it the other way around.

But yes, technically speaking, it's possible.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀