Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 05:29:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BTCJam Theft...FROM STAFF!!!  (Read 805 times)
dmatthewstewart (OP)

Activity: 439
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 14, 2015, 05:24:32 AM

Stay tuned...BTCJam staff has been fighting me for a month. They stole my deposit, changed my deposit address (an address that I had been depositing too for over a year), and are publicly denying that they did anything wrong. They wont return, or refund it, or even begin to admit any wrong-doing. Its hysterical.

I am going to provide all of the screenshots, conversations, etc shortly. I am posting this under Scam Accusations because there really isnt a category for "Lying, incompetent BTC businesses that previously were not problematic" I am leaving this up to the mods to move this into the correct category if it isnt correct. Then I will be able to kow where to post the follow up.

Once all you guys see this, youre going to most likely pull your BTC Jam account.

IRONY: As a journalist, I was supposed to be doing a puff piece on the BTC crowd-funded loan market and was going to talk about my experience over the years with BTCjam. Since I wanted to accurately document every step to my editor, I decided to make another small deposit, invest in loans, et al and then be able to explain it to him with supporting screen grabs. Instead, they lost the deposit and have been caught in a cover up, straight out lies, and more

So Im going to wait on the mods to make sure this doesnt need to be moved into another category. If it doesnt move after a day, then Im going to put the details here in the "Scam" category; a follow up to this post

End Note: Emails from bitcointalk and BTCjam members are really what prompted me to put the details out there. Sorry for the delay. Also, I need to clear this with my editor. As long as there is no conflict - because they may decide to do the story on the ripoff - then I will publish all details here. If there is a conflict I will link to the story here.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2300

View Profile
October 14, 2015, 05:46:59 AM

Stay tuned...BTCJam staff has been fighting me for a month. They stole my deposit, changed my deposit address (an address that I had been depositing too for over a year),
Also, I need to clear this with my editor
Why would you need to clear being able to share your personal story anywhere with your editor?

I am going to provide all of the screenshots, conversations, etc shortly
I am not really sure why you would not simply post all the evidence at the time you create this thread.
BTCJamSupport

Activity: 135
Merit: 100

Support for the global P2P lending platform:BTCJam

View Profile
October 14, 2015, 04:06:36 PM

Stay tuned...BTCJam staff has been fighting me for a month. They stole my deposit, changed my deposit address (an address that I had been depositing too for over a year), and are publicly denying that they did anything wrong. They wont return, or refund it, or even begin to admit any wrong-doing. Its hysterical.

I am going to provide all of the screenshots, conversations, etc shortly. I am posting this under Scam Accusations because there really isnt a category for "Lying, incompetent BTC businesses that previously were not problematic" I am leaving this up to the mods to move this into the correct category if it isnt correct. Then I will be able to kow where to post the follow up.

Once all you guys see this, youre going to most likely pull your BTC Jam account.

IRONY: As a journalist, I was supposed to be doing a puff piece on the BTC crowd-funded loan market and was going to talk about my experience over the years with BTCjam. Since I wanted to accurately document every step to my editor, I decided to make another small deposit, invest in loans, et al and then be able to explain it to him with supporting screen grabs. Instead, they lost the deposit and have been caught in a cover up, straight out lies, and more

So Im going to wait on the mods to make sure this doesnt need to be moved into another category. If it doesnt move after a day, then Im going to put the details here in the "Scam" category; a follow up to this post

End Note: Emails from bitcointalk and BTCjam members are really what prompted me to put the details out there. Sorry for the delay. Also, I need to clear this with my editor. As long as there is no conflict - because they may decide to do the story on the ripoff - then I will publish all details here. If there is a conflict I will link to the story here.

Hey there,

You told us that you had connections on your account which you did not approve so under security measures we parked the account thinking it was compromised. You then deposited to the account you told us this happened at while we had already changed deposit addresses. We'll happily return your funds, please send us a TXID for this and we'll get this resolved. PM this if possible, thanks!
dmatthewstewart (OP)

View Profile
October 15, 2015, 09:58:29 PM

Stay tuned...BTCJam staff has been fighting me for a month. They stole my deposit, changed my deposit address (an address that I had been depositing too for over a year),
Also, I need to clear this with my editor
Why would you need to clear being able to share your personal story anywhere with your editor?

I am going to provide all of the screenshots, conversations, etc shortly
I am not really sure why you would not simply post all the evidence at the time you create this thread.

1) Because when I am doing a story I submit everything to an editor for review. They technically have the rights until they make a final decision. If it were smaller publications I can easily get away with posting almost everything...it serves as promotional material. But ever since I started working with larger publications they use a very old school format. Query editor, write the story, submit all documents. If they kill it you can take whatever material with manuscript and take to another editor/publication or you can put it out yourself. But until I get an answer on which way we are going, releasing stuff Ive already sent them (before getting approval to do so) can jeopardize the agreement Ive already made with the editor and they may decide to kill the story (and not pay me). Im trying to avoid that because I hate writing cheap articles for $100

2) There is way too many screenshots, emails, etc to put in order, crop, etc. I started doing when I had about an hour free and barely got through it

dmatthewstewart (OP)

View Profile
October 15, 2015, 10:01:57 PM

Hey there,

You told us that you had connections on your account which you did not approve so under security measures we parked the account thinking it was compromised. You then deposited to the account you told us this happened at while we had already changed deposit addresses. We'll happily return your funds, please send us a TXID for this and we'll get this resolved. PM this if possible, thanks!

No, no. The deposit happened first. Brett said in an email that he parked the account for security measures. I asked him if that would affect the incoming transaction. He never replied.

Here is the transaction ID (Ive sent it via email and a few times to BTCJam Support on Twitter to no avail)

https://blockchain.info/tx/c21fdd30f5ac0077c824cd4f6321aa6d2cb56a0034e2304a7eb31fcea785ec2b

0.1323 btc

dmatthewstewart (OP)

View Profile
October 15, 2015, 10:12:52 PM

My next question to the BTCJam Staff is this:

Do users actually have a wallet associated with their profile?

Im assuming the answer is "No". That there is only one wallet for all of BTCjam and they wrote a simple script that associates an address with a user. Realistically, a user should have a regular wallet so that no matter how many addresses or generated or if the staff changes your address, then your deposits will still appear...because a deposit can be sent to any address created by a user and still have it reflected in their balance. Just like a real wallet.

snailmen

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

My username was chosen by my nephew.

View Profile
October 15, 2015, 10:17:34 PM

Wow! I'm not using BTCJam again after reading this. Cya BTCJam
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: