Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 03:52:51 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Video: Bitcoin Should Not Be Considered Currency  (Read 1131 times)
LiteCoinGuy (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1011

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2015, 02:43:31 PM

In your face  Tongue

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q68qrmMJWhU

neurotypical

Activity: 672
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 14, 2015, 05:46:44 PM

This is straight nonsense.
Question: Has people been able to live on Bitcoin for years now? Yes, example: Andreas Antonopolous. So if you ask him if Bitcoin is or isn't currency, he will laugh. And more and more people will be able to live on Bitcoin, so it's pretty obvious it is currency. And it is not only currency, it can be gold, an asset, whatever you want. You can use it in many ways.
brg444

Activity: 644
Merit: 504

Bitcoin replaces central, not commercial, banks

View Profile
October 14, 2015, 05:51:33 PM

"Currency has to be backed by something"

Cheesy

Let's just stop there

"I believe this will be the ultimate fate of Bitcoin, to be the "high-powered money" that serves as a reserve currency for banks that issue their own digital cash." Hal Finney, Dec. 2010
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
October 14, 2015, 05:52:48 PM

So instead we should consider it a symbolic representation of wealth and medium of exchange for debt settlement. In other words a .... No wait, that's a currency.  Huh

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
Mickeyb

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
October 14, 2015, 05:53:06 PM

Bitcoin should not be considered JUST a currency!

There you go, I corrected it for you! Smiley

Now on the more serious note, if we listened and believed to every nonsense that every fool said in the history of the world, where we would be today?
maokoto

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

✪ NEXCHANGE | BTC, LTC, ETH & DOGE ✪

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2015, 05:56:16 PM

Completely nuts.

Fiat has value only because people agree to exchange it for actually valuable things (cars, food, etc.). The moment you use money to buy Bitcoin you are also spreading the value that money represents. Not to tell that you can also buy things with Bitcoin.

Bitcoin is backed up exactly the same way "regular" money is. Is backed up by people agreeing to give their whatever good for it.

coinpr0n

Activity: 910

View Profile
October 14, 2015, 06:06:29 PM

My sides!

... a mathematical algorithm prosecuted and perpetrated by computers ...

No, but really. He's right.

LiteCoinGuy (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1011

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2015, 06:12:42 PM

Now on the more serious note, if we listened and believed to every nonsense that every fool said in the history of the world, where we would be today?

Mickeyb

Activity: 798

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
October 14, 2015, 06:15:05 PM

Thank you!!
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
October 14, 2015, 06:50:49 PM

lol "currency needs to represent the value of society economy and humanity"

yeah guess what bitcoin is exactly about that, where instead fiat currency are not representing the value of the society at all but of a centralized greedy autorithy
Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1016

View Profile
October 14, 2015, 06:58:38 PM

Wow! This is just ridicolous. But I had a quite a good laugh.
What an idiot!Really!!
isvicre

Activity: 826

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 11:22:12 AM

In the video, "humanity" word looked so out of place. Money should represent humanity? Since when it does not represent greed?
batesresearch
Legendary

Activity: 2424
Merit: 1148

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2015, 12:06:44 PM

Hilarious!

Visit Satoshi's Place, a Bitcoin Hub based in Bury, Manchester, UK.
Goals: Educate & Onboard users in to Bitcoin. Lightning network⚡️
spud21

Activity: 342
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 12:25:22 PM

Well the EU has decided to classify Bitcoin as currency after long deliberations. However, I think the USA has classified it as property, and I don't know if the Chinese have classified it as anything yet. The Chinese are more concerned about stopping people using it to get money out of the country than classifying it as money or property.
USB-S

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

In XEM we trust

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 01:04:20 PM

Well the EU has decided to classify Bitcoin as currency after long deliberations. However, I think the USA has classified it as property, and I don't know if the Chinese have classified it as anything yet. The Chinese are more concerned about stopping people using it to get money out of the country than classifying it as money or property.
Well only thing the Chinese can't do is ban bitcoin use nationally. Clever rice farmers always find a workaround to government issued bans. Just look at how pathetic the great firewall is. Any tech savvy person could find a workaround for that.

````````````````████████
_`````````██████████████████████
_`````█████████████████████████████
_```█████████████████████████████████
_``████████████████████████████████████
_█████████```````████████```````████████
_███████````████````██`````███````███████
_██████````████████`````████████``███████
_██████````██████````██``██████```███████
_███████```````````████``````````████████
_██████████████████████████████████████
_``████████████████████████████████████
_```_████████████████████████████████
_``````████████████████████████████
_`````````3█████████████████████
play.infinity
        Eжeднeвный ДЖEКПOT
TELEGRAM CHAT   SITE   TELEGRAM
                   Get free eth
InvoKing
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1065

✋(▀Ĺ̯ ▀-͠ )

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2015, 01:10:47 PM

Yeah we shouldn't consider bitcoin as a currency...  C'mon People it is way better Wink

PSPD:law and order enforcement!
Press Section Police Department!
Snorek
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 01:10:56 PM

Well only thing the Chinese can't do is ban bitcoin use nationally. Clever rice farmers always find a workaround to government issued bans. Just look at how pathetic the great firewall is. Any tech savvy person could find a workaround for that.
Unless you ban whole Internet like North Koreans did, there is no way to ban bitcoin, there will be always workaround and goverments knew this.
They can block certain sites or information, but where money is at stake people will find a way.
ajareselde
Legendary

Activity: 1722

Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 03:54:04 PM

Never clicked on a dislike button quite as fast as i did here. The guy is obvious supporter of the current system and values we have.
We should use him in ad for bitcoin, just to show what kind of people support fiat. btw he looks like he's trippin on some good stuff as well.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4256
Merit: 4523

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 10:08:32 PM

currency can be anything.. gold, vodka, cigarettes, sexual favours. basically anything one person has and wants to offer to another person..

the guy in th video is talking, not about currency. but about 'money' which is a subdevision of the umbrella term currency.

money is them pieces of paper that cost 3cent to make but are valued at $10,$20, $50, $100... all because of the different lettering on the paper.
money is the cheap metal worth 10% of the value etched into it.

it is money that needs to be backed by something to hold actual value, enough for people to trust and desire.. for it to then be tradable and thus be classed as currency.

the guy in the video has no clue of that basic difference between money vs currency.

as for saying its a mathematical algorythm... yea so what
bank notes are just paper and ink
gold is just an element on the periodic table

maybe he needs to think about currency in a different way, because whatever he is ranting about is not currency,, but money

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
October 26, 2015, 07:01:40 AM

"Man-eating blooms don't exist, people. Do you fucktards realize how large a bloom would have to become to consume a human being? Besides, who in their right mind is goin' set up a office space in the middle of nowhere and not be aware of the environment around them?"
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: