Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 09:24:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why is Bitcoin better that fiat?  (Read 7897 times)
edric

Activity: 546
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 17, 2015, 11:29:31 PM

Deflationary in nature.  If you hold dollars and do nothing, you will lose your wealth over time.  If you hold Bitcoin and do nothing, in theory, you will gain wealth over time.

Hellacopter

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 17, 2015, 11:55:01 PM

For some reasons listed below.
- Community: Did you ever see such a huge Community with forums for fiat? Not really.
- Low Fees: You don't have to pay a 3% fee on transactions
- Fast Transactions: Did you wait for 3 Days for a Wire transfer? With Bitcoin, yo don't have to worry about that.
- Decentralized: No one can ever froze your money.
- No Age Limit: No one can request you to verify your age.
- You can buy everything: From Games on Steam to Products on Amazon

I know these are things every experienced user knows about, just sharing with newbies!
If you have something to say something great about Bitcoin, post below.

I can add the anonymity as great cause making so many people use Bitcoin more than other currencies, you can make your transactions without necessarily publish your identity, name, address and so on. That is not really possible using the other currencies either online or offline 
TTMNewsMJ

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 18, 2015, 12:44:34 AM

Yes! Bitcoin is the best currency for me.
I hope the government will approve the bitcoin as our legal currency.
So we can use this everywhere without any hesitation.
trinaldao
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

Post your ann & bounty just contact me

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2015, 01:36:06 AM

Yes! Bitcoin is the best currency for me.
I hope the government will approve the bitcoin as our legal currency.
So we can use this everywhere without any hesitation.

i doubt the goverment will approve bitcoin as legal currency
bitcoin is decentralization, also anonymity , and don't forget about the fluctuations in the price

INVALID BBCODE: close of unopened tag in table (1)
txbtc

Activity: 499

View Profile
October 18, 2015, 06:10:45 AM

well with BTC, banks never can freeze your assets as fiat and, no one can control what you buy or what you do with your (money) coins
dothebeats
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1353

CoinPoker.com

View Profile
October 18, 2015, 06:19:28 AM

Deflationary in nature.  If you hold dollars and do nothing, you will lose your wealth over time.  If you hold Bitcoin and do nothing, in theory, you will gain wealth over time.

Also one thing that I like with bitcoins. Even if you do nothing to increase your wealth, bitcoin does that for you. Though I must say that it is a rather unstable investment too, given that the price could be controlled.

JeWay

Activity: 952
Merit: 503

View Profile
October 18, 2015, 06:19:51 AM

For some reasons listed below.
- Community: Did you ever see such a huge Community with forums for fiat? Not really.
- Low Fees: You don't have to pay a 3% fee on transactions
- Fast Transactions: Did you wait for 3 Days for a Wire transfer? With Bitcoin, yo don't have to worry about that.
- Decentralized: No one can ever froze your money.
- No Age Limit: No one can request you to verify your age.
- You can buy everything: From Games on Steam to Products on Amazon

I know these are things every experienced user knows about, just sharing with newbies!
If you have something to say something great about Bitcoin, post below.

I think the second and the last reason is make sense
But the first reason is kinda doesn't make sense, because there is even a big community for fiat. Everyone that use fiat, I think they're the community. Which means it's bigger than Bitcoin's
user64

Activity: 145

View Profile
October 18, 2015, 07:01:47 AM

bitcoins this, bitcoins that. blah blah blah!!! You all keep dreaming, not in our lifetime. The only ones that find it useful are scammers and a few exchangers who might scam anytime they like. I cant even buy cofee with it! the technology and idea behind it is cool and novel, but it will never become mainstream .
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
October 18, 2015, 08:10:54 AM

bitcoins this, bitcoins that. blah blah blah!!! You all keep dreaming, not in our lifetime. The only ones that find it useful are scammers and a few exchangers who might scam anytime they like. I cant even buy cofee with it! the technology and idea behind it is cool and novel, but it will never become mainstream .

because they still see it as a quick buck to have more fiat, when the opposite will happen, when they will see fiat as a quick buck to dump and have bitcoin, the uptrend will emerge

it's all about the mentality, too many are accustomed to the old system yet...
user64

View Profile
October 18, 2015, 08:32:12 AM

because they still see it as a quick buck to have more fiat, when the opposite will happen, when they will see fiat as a quick buck to dump and have bitcoin, the uptrend will emerge

In your dreams buddy, have you been to a third world country? Try explaining bitcoins to them. They are still  having problems integrating mobile money. Ask yourself what percentage of the world owns computers or smartphones? Do some proper research, less than 20% own these devices, So how in God's name are the rest of the masses going to change their mentality when they cannot afford the basic tools??? I have not factored in electricity and internet connections. Its just too expensive and impractical. maybe in the distant future, just not in your lifetime. In the meantime, the scammmers are the benefeciaries.
Mickeyb

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
October 18, 2015, 08:51:08 AM

In your dreams buddy, have you been to a third world country? Try explaining bitcoins to them. They are still  having problems integrating mobile money. Ask yourself what percentage of the world owns computers or smartphones? Do some proper research, less than 20% own these devices, So how in God's name are the rest of the masses going to change their mentality when they cannot afford the basic tools??? I have not factored in electricity and internet connections. Its just too expensive and impractical. maybe in the distant future, just not in your lifetime. In the meantime, the scammmers are the benefeciaries.

All that you have said is right, but don't forget that Bitcoin doesn't need to serve the whole planet, the whole 7 billion people. Let us serve only 500 million people and this would be amazing as well. Even in this situation, Bitcoin would strive to its real potential.

Not to mention that technology will improve and the ease of use of Bitcoin and requirements for using Bitcoin will lower. Heck, I am sure that we will be able to send a transaction by a SMS on Nokia 1110 phone in a couple of years.
Amph
Legendary

View Profile
October 18, 2015, 10:22:14 AM

you're wrong, i've already done my research and it is 3.5B people surfing on the web, so i must assume that they have a device

consider that the other 3.5B people are made of children kid and only a small % of people that cannot actually use internet...
RKing

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 18, 2015, 11:43:50 AM
Last edit: November 01, 2015, 08:21:40 AM by RKing

Bitcoin will used widely in a few decades. But we have to work hard to promote and use it today so the value will increase.
teddy5145

Activity: 714
Merit: 528

View Profile
October 18, 2015, 12:05:02 PM

Ever heard of Bitcoin Debit Cards?
You can walk to Starbucks and buy your coffee with that

It will become mainstream, we just need to be patient the bitcoin itself only existing for about 3 Years now and there's still so many potential we haven't see from it
The very early adopters of Bitcoin wouldn't have thought that Bitcoin would be this big nor the Community to be this Massive

All we need is some patience and while waiting for that enjoy our fiat money while it last Wink

And for your Information, Im not a scammer and i do enjoy using Bitcoin Roll Eyes
Inkvor

Activity: 553

View Profile
October 18, 2015, 12:17:59 PM

In the US, credit cards are still being swiped and signed for at the tills, whereas in europe and in most third world countries chip-and-pin (a more advanced technology) is the norm
yes it is true, i have experienced it .

It's easier for third world countries to adopt new technology
No, its never easy for any country...they have their own corrupt government problems.

Just like how emerging and developing nations skipped landlines and moved straight to mobile technology, they will skip the convoluted 'innovations' offered by the traditional banking system and adopt decentralization
i hope it happens that way ,but bitcoin is alot more than just technology
user64

View Profile
October 18, 2015, 12:49:47 PM

you're wrong, i've already done my research and it is 3.5B people surfing on the web, so i must assume that they have a device

consider that the other 3.5B people are made of children kid and only a small % of people that cannot actually use internet...

You are wrong buddy. I can see you have a comprehension problem or you are too much in a hurry to fufill your signature campaign quota.

Since when does internet usage data equate to owning a computer or smart phone? Millions of people have used the internet at least once and still dont own a SMART PHONE or a COMPUTER. So how is this going to work? I need to buy bread or fish, do I rush off to the internet cafe to send payment before or after purchase? Or on my way back home from the farm, I need to stop by the local bar to get drunk. You do realise that some communities in asia, africa and southamerica have only 1 or 2 computers serving their entire population? And whenever goverments decide to adopt crypto currencies, what makes you so sure that bitcoins would be the crypto of choice?
trinaldao
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

Post your ann & bounty just contact me

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2015, 12:52:20 PM

i Think i can give you some satosi to buy coffe  Cheesy
in future you will see bitcoin everywhere and you will feel regret because you let to buy bitcoin

INVALID BBCODE: close of unopened tag in table (1)
user64

View Profile
October 18, 2015, 02:04:21 PM

Users in the third world don't have any problem understanding bitcoin. In Kenya, they have been using mobile-phone based money transfer and microfinancing services (mpesa) long before anyone in the west knew what a bitcoin was.

For them, the concept of decentralized finance is much simpler to grasp and implement into their day-to-day economic activity... In the US, credit cards are still being swiped and signed for at the tills, whereas in europe and in most third world countries chip-and-pin (a more advanced technology) is the norm

It's easier for third world countries to adopt new technology

Just like how emerging and developing nations skipped landlines and moved straight to mobile technology, they will skip the convoluted 'innovations' offered by the traditional banking system and adopt decentralization

Mpesa is fiat or? It is centralized and is run between the local banks and the mobile phone operators. And is regulated by the kenyan goverment.

bitcoins is decentralized, the moment goverments get involved. It would no longer be so. And would become just another fiat currency

Amph
Legendary

View Profile
October 18, 2015, 02:26:07 PM

In your dreams buddy, have you been to a third world country? Try explaining bitcoins to them. They are still  having problems integrating mobile money. Ask yourself what percentage of the world owns computers or smartphones? Do some proper research, less than 20% own these devices, So how in God's name are the rest of the masses going to change their mentality when they cannot afford the basic tools??? I have not factored in electricity and internet connections. Its just too expensive and impractical. maybe in the distant future, just not in your lifetime. In the meantime, the scammmers are the benefeciaries.

You are wrong buddy. I can see you have a comprehension problem or you are too much in a hurry to fufill your signature campaign quota.

Since when does internet usage data equate to owning a computer or smart phone? Millions of people have used the internet at least once and still dont own a SMART PHONE or a COMPUTER. So how is this going to work? I need to buy bread or fish, do I rush off to the internet cafe to send payment before or after purchase? Or on my way back home from the farm, I need to stop by the local bar to get drunk. You do realise that some communities in asia, africa and southamerica have only 1 or 2 computers serving their entire population? And whenever goverments decide to adopt crypto currencies, what makes you so sure that bitcoins would be the crypto of choice?

well you should at least backup your data, like i've tried to do, because without source i'm not buying this whole crap "the majority have no proper device"

and it's even more unlikely that those individuals don't own a mere smarthphone nowadays, which is very cheap, you cna buy one used for like 20 or something

and even though all this could be partially true(i don't believe it...) we don't really care about people that choose to remain backward with technology, like those indigenous tribes

and bitcoin is not aiming for everyone, reaching 1B people would already be seen as a world adoption, there will be always those who would be left behind, it was always like that in every scenario, nothing new here
prodigy8

Activity: 532

View Profile
October 18, 2015, 05:18:27 PM

This makes as optimistic and we hope for the best to happen in the near future.
If you hear bitcoin here bitcoin there then you should know that you are in a bitcoin forum.
Where we mostly talk about bitcoin Smiley The new technology trend can change bitcoin value and popularity.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: