Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 04:06:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to make this payment  (Read 668 times)
davidorentol (OP)

Activity: 144
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 14, 2015, 03:29:50 PM

I want to make an order and I'll pay with Bitcoins.The problem is that my blockchain is downloaded to D:  not in default directory C: .When i try to pay, my client automatically start from C: unsynchronized and empty  Sad how to take data of this payment ?

No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1520

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2015, 03:32:19 PM

I want to make an order and I'll pay with Bitcoins.The problem is that my blockchain is downloaded to D:  not in default directory C: .When i try to pay, my client automatically start from C: unsynchronized and empty  Sad how to take data of this payment ?

Hit "Win + R" to open the run dialog, enter
c:\Program Files\Bitcoin\bitcoin-qt.exe -datadir=d:\path\to\bitcoin\files

and confirm with enter. If you want to keep the blockchain data in a different directory you might want to create a shortcut that includes the above command.

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
davidorentol (OP)

View Profile
October 14, 2015, 03:46:37 PM

i have already a shortcut on my desktop with this line added   
D:\Bitcoin\bitcoin-qt.exe -datadir=D:\Bitcoin\BitCoinData
i have no problems with my QT client and blockchain.The problem is when i start this online order, the site automatically opens my QT unsynchronized and empty.Sry if I have not explained properly
CIYAM
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1078

Ian Knowles - CIYAM Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2015, 03:49:57 PM

Did you try it with your D: drive version already running (i.e. are you ending up with two bitcoinqt.exe's running)?

Basically the problem is going to be that it is acting like a typical "launch an external application" which of course won't be running your shortcut version.

If it is possible to get the "datadir" into the .conf file then that might be the best solution (I'm not sure if that is possible yet as I know that it wasn't in the past).

With CIYAM anyone can create 100% generated C++ web applications in literally minutes.

GPG Public Key | 1ciyam3htJit1feGa26p2wQ4aw6KFTejU
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2015, 03:56:55 PM

i have already a shortcut on my desktop with this line added  
D:\Bitcoin\bitcoin-qt.exe -datadir=D:\Bitcoin\BitCoinData
i have no problems with my QT client and blockchain.The problem is when i start this online order, the site automatically opens my QT unsynchronized and empty.Sry if I have not explained properly

Oh I see. They are called "URI" and can be changed in the registry AFAIK, but I dont know where exactly.

Cant you pay without using the link? Just start core as you usually would, copy paste the address and amount and click send.

-snip-
If it is possible to get the "datadir" into the .conf file then that might be the best solution (I'm not sure if that is possible yet as I know that it wasn't in the past).

Its not, the config file is part of the datadir

davidorentol (OP)

View Profile
October 14, 2015, 03:58:38 PM

Did you try it with your D: drive version already running (i.e. are you ending up with two bitcoinqt.exe's running)?

CIYAM
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1078

Ian Knowles - CIYAM Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2015, 04:03:17 PM

Doh! There is a way that it could be done though (as I dealt with this stuff many years ago with Windows apps) and that would be to have an override default .conf file that would be placed in say the Windows directory (this would of course require code changes to achieve and would be Windows specific and would perhaps be a lot of mucking around just for Windows so I'm guessing that won't be considered).

It is a bit annoying that it doesn't behave nicely when already running (I would think that something should be able to be done about that issue).

Copying and pasting the address and then the amount is going to perhaps be the only workable option (unless you want to muck around with the registry which is probably not a great idea unless you are confident in doing so).

With CIYAM anyone can create 100% generated C++ web applications in literally minutes.

GPG Public Key | 1ciyam3htJit1feGa26p2wQ4aw6KFTejU
chrisvl
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1006

Trainman

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2015, 04:14:38 PM

copie the files from D: to C: or make the transaction manually

shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2015, 04:18:40 PM

Doh! There is a way that it could be done though (as I dealt with this stuff many years ago with Windows apps) and that would be to have an override default .conf file that would be placed in say the Windows directory (this would of course require code changes to achieve and would be Windows specific and would perhaps be a lot of mucking around just for Windows so I'm guessing that won't be considered).

It is a bit annoying that it doesn't behave nicely when already running (I would think that something should be able to be done about that issue).

Copying and pasting the address and then the amount is going to perhaps be the only workable option (unless you want to muck around with the registry which is probably not a great idea unless you are confident in doing so).

I would think an extra file for the data dir config that is always in a certain directory, e.g. where the executable is located, would solve this as well.

saturn643

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 14, 2015, 07:10:45 PM

Open up the registry editor (search for regedit in the start menu) and open HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT folder. Scroll down until you see the bitcoin folder. Open that and open up the shell > open > command folders. On the right, there will be something there with the name (Default). Double click that and a dialog box will open. There should be two things inside quote marks. In the first one which has the command, add inside the quote the stuff you need for the Bitcoin core command to run (e.g. datadir flag). Click OK and close the registry editor. It should now work.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: