Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 09:01:39 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I Want To Show You Something Wonderful  (Read 1676 times)
Kris (OP)
Donator

Activity: 640
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 27, 2012, 05:21:12 AM
Last edit: October 27, 2012, 11:52:16 AM by Kris

I would like to introduce to you our new Checkout process, along with new Payment buttons.

First of we have our WalletBit on-site payment, where the payment checkout page is integrated directly on your own online website shop. Here you have the possibility to pay with your WalletBit account, or with your bitcoin wallet as a WalletBit guest. The page continuously checks to see if a payment has been received and will inform you when the full payment amount has been received.

Next up we have the standard checkout process, where customers leave your site and come back once completed. Here I have just signed in with an account where Two-factor authentication has been enabled. On the second picture, you'll see that I also have Secure Card enabled, which by the way can now be disabled on payment pages if you do not care for it.

Last you see a selection of our new Payment buttons

I do hope you like our new checkout appearance. Because I rely on you to inform merchants, friends and family that WalletBit now provides a more updated checkout payment process.

All WalletBit modules for the various e Commence solutions has also been updated, to support this new checkout process. But since we are a small company, we do not have any budget for marketing, so we are relying on YOU to get all merchants updated. We will of cause do all in our power to inform them ourselves.

Thank you very much for your continuous support, as we continue to develop on the Bitcoin way to pay.

finway

Activity: 714

View Profile
October 27, 2012, 12:05:01 PM

nice.

knight22
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000

--------------->¿?

View Profile
October 27, 2012, 03:05:08 PM

Great work!

davout
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1007

1davout

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2012, 03:16:33 PM

Nice.

How do you handle refunds ?
And cases where the customer accidentally sends too much Bitcoins ?

Kris (OP)
Donator

View Profile
October 27, 2012, 07:47:31 PM

Thanks all.

davout, Refunds are currently handled manually, but it shouldn't be long before it is coded to be automatically. I just want to write a few more security checks before that happens. It will be something similar to the customers getting either a WalletBit/ResponsePay redeem code or a store redeem code or gift card if they pay to much.

You have to consider that this new checkout process is made with our new expected Point of Sale in mind.
Morblias

Activity: 576

View Profile
October 27, 2012, 07:53:19 PM

Awesome, looks good!

Tips / Donations accepted: 1Morb18DsDHNEv6TeQXBdba872ZSpiK9fY
evoorhees
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1021

Democracy is the original 51% attack

View Profile
October 27, 2012, 10:03:28 PM

Great work Kris.

One recommendation: the Checkout buttons should not say "Checkout with Walletbit". They should say, "Checkout with Bitcoin". 

One might imagine how many people will arrive on a site, looking to pay with Bitcoin, but as they don't know what Walletbit is they go with credit cards. "Bitcoin" is the payment brand that needs to be promoted both for the good of Bitcoin's ecosystem and for the good of the customer doing the shopping. Having "Walletbit" on the checkout button does not benefit the customer because most people who are able/willing to pay with Bitcoin do not use Walletbit today.

Make sense? Smiley
Kris (OP)
Donator

View Profile
October 27, 2012, 10:30:31 PM

Great work Kris.

One recommendation: the Checkout buttons should not say "Checkout with Walletbit". They should say, "Checkout with Bitcoin". 

One might imagine how many people will arrive on a site, looking to pay with Bitcoin, but as they don't know what Walletbit is they go with credit cards. "Bitcoin" is the payment brand that needs to be promoted both for the good of Bitcoin's ecosystem and for the good of the customer doing the shopping. Having "Walletbit" on the checkout button does not benefit the customer because most people who are able/willing to pay with Bitcoin do not use Walletbit today.

Make sense? Smiley

A very good point.

Having "Walletbit" on the checkout button does not benefit the customer because most people who are able/willing to pay with Bitcoin do not use Walletbit today.

But if they did, they would see that you do not need a WalletBit account to pay a merchant though WalletBit, that's the beauty of it. Simply click on "Don't have a WalletBit account?" and a QR code will be presented for you to scan. Bitcoin is to WalletBit what WalletBit is to bitcoin in my mind.

I changed the buttons to say Bitcoin, in fact I think it looks pretty good.
Flowz

Activity: 114
Merit: 10

Bitcoin = Money for the people, by the people.

View Profile
October 28, 2012, 10:21:23 AM

I must say that the design is very attractive!
I might implent this into one of my projects later!
CIYAM
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1078

Ian Knowles - CIYAM Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2012, 10:34:26 AM

Having "Walletbit" on the checkout button does not benefit the customer because most people who are able/willing to pay with Bitcoin do not use Walletbit today.

But if they did, they would see that you do not need a WalletBit account to pay a merchant though WalletBit, that's the beauty of it. Simply click on "Don't have a WalletBit account?" and a QR code will be presented for you to scan. Bitcoin is to WalletBit what WalletBit is to bitcoin in my mind.

I changed the buttons to say Bitcoin, in fact I think it looks pretty good.

Actually this was what originally confused me (I had no idea that I could pay *without* having a Walletbit account) so am glad you have changed that and made it more obvious that you can pay with a normal wallet (not wanting to hurt your business but we are all in the Bitcoin business after all).

With CIYAM anyone can create 100% generated C++ web applications in literally minutes.

GPG Public Key | 1ciyam3htJit1feGa26p2wQ4aw6KFTejU
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: