Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 10:14:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: VS2015 - how to include secp256k1 in my project?  (Read 1015 times)
xnn (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 14, 2015, 07:30:26 PM

Hi!
Im using Visual Studio 2015 C++ and trying to include secp256k1 into my project.

I tried downloading the library source from https://github.com/bitcoin/secp256k1, and moved the folder
to my project folder. I added the include folder to the additional include directories setting in configuration
properties, but trying to compile my project resulted in an unresolved external symbol linker error, which
i assume is because the library is not actually compiling with my project.

How can I compile this library and include it in my project?
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
tzpardi

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 04:33:14 PM

Hi!
Im using Visual Studio 2015 C++ and trying to include secp256k1 into my project.

I tried downloading the library source from https://github.com/bitcoin/secp256k1, and moved the folder
to my project folder. I added the include folder to the additional include directories setting in configuration
properties, but trying to compile my project resulted in an unresolved external symbol linker error, which
i assume is because the library is not actually compiling with my project.

How can I compile this library and include it in my project?

That is a generic linker error. The error message should give you information about the missing libraries. What is the content of the unresolved external symbol error?
Delek

Activity: 157
Merit: 100

Salí para ver

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2015, 05:23:02 PM

You should include the header files but also the .c files to your project's files tree.

\/\/\/\/\/\/\/
-> delek.net <-
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: