Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 05:51:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: titan bitcoin  (Read 17688 times)
Todamont

Activity: 604
Merit: 273

View Profile
December 22, 2015, 05:31:32 PM

I cannot accept a "bug bounty". Especially from someone who insults me in the email where they are trying to offer a "resolution".

You're a thug, Tim. Enjoy being arrested. Stay away from my house.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TitanBTC

Activity: 366
Merit: 258

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2015, 05:33:08 PM
Last edit: December 22, 2015, 05:43:43 PM by TitanBTC

That's your prerogative to file charges.  I apologize if I misunderstood your comments about owning a gun as being threatening.  That was probably just my interpretation.

I answered a question about this case in private, which should be made public for clarity.  

The 110% guarantee is good for forever.  If at any time in the future we learn new information that indicates that Titan was at fault in this case, we'll send Todamont 110% of the value of his loss and will post the details about such a security breach to the forum to let Titan coin owners know about it.  

[Edited] typo..."the" to "that"

I'm filing charges against you, Tim. For fraud and theft.

Don't trust Titan Btc. I was defrauded and robbed by Tim Fillmore.

I never threatened you Tim, I told you to stay away from my house because I was afraid of you. You're an arrogant bully.

You are in dispute with your own website about whether the coin I hold has ever been funded. You are going to lose in court.

Todamont

View Profile
December 22, 2015, 06:02:35 PM

I can not accept any payment on this coin, now, ever, as it could implicate me in theft or fraud. I don't want to be seen as someone who may have tampered with a coin or as someone who has taken payment to "shut up" about any possible fraud scheme perpetrated by Titan Btc.
jaydipmodhwadia

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

Verify my Bitcoin Address before EVERY transaction

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2015, 06:20:02 PM

That's your prerogative to file charges.  I apologize if I misunderstood your comments about owning a gun as being threatening.  That was probably just my interpretation.

I answered a question about this case in private, which should be made public for clarity.  

The 110% guarantee is good for forever.  If at any time in the future we learn new information that indicates that Titan was at fault in this case, we'll send Todamont 110% of the value of his loss and will post the details about such a security breach to the forum to let Titan coin owners know about it.  

[Edited] typo..."the" to "that"

I'm filing charges against you, Tim. For fraud and theft.

I never threatened you Tim, I told you to stay away from my house because I was afraid of you. You're an arrogant bully.

You are in dispute with your own website about whether the coin I hold has ever been funded. You are going to lose in court.

Tim, you have been quite brave by replying to Todamont.....
He has a foul mouth, however I nor anyone of us can heal it.

Todamont, you have been given a "bug bounty" which you should accept as its a "bug bounty" not a refund.

Tim, may I make a suggestion if Todamont does not accept the bounty?
I suggest that you donate the value of the bounty to a charity which accepts bitcoin....
I hope I have helped in any way.
~
J
Michail1
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1164

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2015, 06:51:31 PM

I suggest that you donate the value of the bounty to a charity which accepts bitcoin....
~
J

If Todamont publically declines the bounty (please), and there is real and true charity which accepts the bounty, I will personally match the amount.

That said, I would hope the bounty to be very low, not because of the value, but because the bug was not one which made coins appear as Funded if already redeemed.  If that were the case, the bounty should have been the full 1BTC amount.

klondike_bar
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
December 22, 2015, 08:21:37 PM

I can not accept any payment on this coin, now, ever, as it could implicate me in theft or fraud. I don't want to be seen as someone who may have tampered with a coin or as someone who has taken payment to "shut up" about any possible fraud scheme perpetrated by Titan Btc.

You're an idiot who does not understand when people (namely Tim) are actively trying to help you out, and simultaneously falls for the oldest scam in the book (of buying something worthless without doing research)

If you stopped screaming "lawsuit" over and over, you might actually be able to read TitanBTC's replies

or just file the police report and let them work with TitanBTC for you. You have been threatening that for a few days but failed to actually do anything but mention your gun ownership and allude to wanting a restraining order against a customer service rep

24" PCI-E cables with 16AWG wires and stripped ends - great for server PSU mods, best prices https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563461
No longer a wannabe - now an ASIC owner!
TitanBTC

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2015, 08:32:38 PM

@jaydipmodhwadia

That's a fantastic idea.  I'm 100% on board with donating the Bug Bounty to a charity if Todamont declines it.  I offered a bounty of 1 BTC, not because the bug was necessarily worthy of that amount, but because I felt that it would be an avenue by which Titan could help a customer out of a frustrating situation.  Todamont has declined the bounty here, and via email, but I'd like to give him 48 hours to change his mind.

@Michail1

You are exemplary of many of the things that I love about the bitcoin community.  I won't hold you to the offer, since you didn't know the amount of the bounty when you made it, but just the fact that you made the offer restores faith in this community.  Bitcoin was founded as a community working together to push positive change forward and it has been a privilege to be a part of this piece of history.

In the meantime, under the assumption that Todamont does not change his mind and accept the bounty, anyone that wants to suggest worthy charities is welcome to do so.  I'm a fan of Jason King with Sean's Outpost, but there are a ton of worthy causes that are warming up to Bitcoin.

~
J

If Todamont publically declines the bounty (please), and there is real and true charity which accepts the bounty, I will personally match the amount.

That said, I would hope the bounty to be very low, not because of the value, but because the bug was not one which made coins appear as Funded if already redeemed.  If that were the case, the bounty should have been the full 1BTC amount.

Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

Merit: 1119

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2015, 10:01:56 PM

I own several Titan coins and never once questioned them as far as being legit. Todamont you unfortunately fell for a scam and are trying to blame the wrong people here. Do not be dumb...just take the gracious offer of the bounty and cut your losses.

If he still does not want the bounty then maybe donate to the EFF?

https://supporters.eff.org/donate

Todamont

View Profile
December 22, 2015, 10:25:16 PM
Last edit: December 22, 2015, 10:38:04 PM by Todamont

>trying to blame the wrong people

I disagree. I don't think that coin was tampered with. I think Tim robbed me.

You are now suggesting that he donate the proceeds of his crime to charity. He can donate everything he owns to charity, he's still going to jail. It's very likely that whatever charity he "donates" 1 btc to at this time would be asked to put that money back into a trust during the criminal investigation anyhow. I don't recommend trying to involve any more third-parties here, Tim.

Todamont

View Profile
December 22, 2015, 10:53:29 PM

> I own several Titan coins and never once questioned them as far as being legit.

I never questioned the legitimacy of any of my Titan coins either, until I unsealed one and it turned out to be a "schroedinger" coin that is either "not yet funded" or maybe "already redeemed" depending on whether you believe Tim or his website.
Todamont

View Profile
December 22, 2015, 11:04:09 PM

I have not given up claim on any monies that Tim owes me. If I get payment, it will be as a victim of his securities fraud scheme, not a payoff to not report him to the DA.
Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

Merit: 1119

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2015, 12:40:13 AM

I have not given up claim on any monies that Tim owes me. If I get payment, it will be as a victim of his securities fraud scheme, not a payoff to not report him to the DA.

What securities were involved? If anything, it would be just regular fraud. You did not buy the coin from them directly so you can not say whether or not the coin was tampered with. I would assume Tim could see the date and IP of who redeemed the coin? Had you bought this directly and tried to redeem and it was empty that would be on them. How can you say that the person you bought it from did not redeem it?

Todamont

View Profile
December 23, 2015, 01:46:28 AM
Last edit: December 23, 2015, 02:41:37 AM by Todamont

> How can you say that the person you bought it from did not redeem it?

It was perfectly sealed. I have no suspicion at all that the seal was tampered with. Tim is claiming that the seal was tampered with by an unknown person, and he has no proof. His proof is a database that says the coin was never funded. He's in dispute with his own database about whether the coin is funded.

I opened a perfectly sealed coin and then when I went to redeem it, I got conflicting evidence between what Tim says and what his website says. I can obviously trust neither. They are both telling me that there is no bitcoin associated with this coin. Tim is claiming already redeemed, but he has no address associated with the coin and no transaction he can prove was the "redemption" transaction. His website / db is claiming the coin was never funded in the first place.

It may be considered securities fraud because in this case, the coin does not represent cash, but an "IOU" that Tim gives out to people. If the bitcoin was actually on the coin, Tim could not just decide he is angry at a customer and then say, fuck it, I'm going to take that money and give it to someone else instead. Tim is still in control of all the private keys of all the "2FA" coins, and he could, at any time, spend those funds and alter his database to say that they were "not yet funded". Just because your coin says "funded" now doesn't mean it won't say "not yet funded" after Tim goes and spends the bitcoin. So it's not just fraud, but securities fraud. It is a futures option for 1 bitcoin, to be paid at the date of "redemption" of the customer's choosing. He is holding a bunch of people's private keys, for them, with these 2FA coins, it's arguably just a physical voucher to his private key "holding" service, but also physically indistiguishable from other, identical coins, that actually *do* represent cash because they hold a private key. Now the database associated with the Titan Btc holdings records is shown to be corrupted, because Tim has admitted that whether or not the coins show up as "funded" only depends on whether an email confirm link is clicked, not whether or not the coins are *actually funded*. He is always in control of the private keys for these coins, so "funded" in this case doesn't actually mean any bitcoin is on the "physical bitcoin", of course, also.

When you say you trust your Titan coins, what I hear is that you trust that when you need the funds, Tim will be around and he won't suddenly go into conflict with his own system and deny payment from a private key that he controls. Which is what happened to me. How does Tim even know that the coin is redeemed if his database shows it as "not yet funded"? How could some person have redeemed the coin via his website if the website database thought the coin was "not yet funded"? How many separate databases are there, and how many of the records are in conflict among them? Titan Btc's security policy regarding these databases seems lax, to me.

I cannot legally accept any money from Tim or do any business with him, because I now suspect him of fraud. If he is exonerated of fraud, in court, I will write the coin off as a loss and I will publicly apologize to him. If he is convicted of fraud, "securities fraud", or any other crime related to this issue, I will expect restitution as a victim of his financial crime. The specific charges will be for the DA to decide. I am not suing him personally because I don't want anything from him, unless he is convicted in criminal court.

klondike_bar
Legendary

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
December 23, 2015, 03:47:44 AM

^jesus christ, stop with the empty accusations and go file the relevant police/court documents then.

regardless of the exact database state, it NEVER said that the coin was funded, and you bought it from a 3rd party without doing this fairly simple research.

On top of that, you cant even remember who you bought it from, which is pretty shady.

24" PCI-E cables with 16AWG wires and stripped ends - great for server PSU mods, best prices https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563461
TitanBTC

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2015, 04:10:52 AM

I opened a perfectly sealed coin and then when I went to redeem it, I got conflicting evidence between what Tim says and what his website says. I can obviously trust neither. They are both telling me that there is no bitcoin associated with this coin. Tim is claiming already redeemed, but he has no address associated with the coin and no transaction he can prove was the "redemption" transaction. His website / db is claiming the coin was never funded in the first place.

There is a specific address that was associated with the coin, a specific date when the coin was redeemed, a blockchain transaction that goes with it and an output where the redeemed coin was sent.  

I've already explained that the "not yet funded" state is because a specific field in our web DB wasn't populated correctly when the redemption was processed, but that is only one of 4 separate records we keep, including an air-gapped record that remains offline.  All of these records confirm that the coin was redeemed in 2014, well before Todamont tried to redeem this coin.

Edits to the records are version controlled and logged, so if I or anyone else were to change them, it would be clear to anyone looking at the logs.  

I believe Todamont knows the information stated above already, and stating otherwise on this forum could be assumed as dishonesty, but I'll assume that these details just needed to be clarified.

Todamont

View Profile
December 23, 2015, 06:38:07 AM

I will not be commenting on this thread any more. I will be turning this over as evidence to the District Attorneys in both my city and La Habra, California, in a criminal complaint against Tim Fillmore and Titan Btc, for theft and fraud.
Michail1
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2015, 04:09:19 PM

EDIT: here is their website, http://clashgroup.org.uk/ also, they have a btc address but its not on the website, lmk if you want it and ill private message it as before.

The problem is that the address can be to anyone.  So, the charity would have to specifically indicate public where their receiving address is.   No offense, but anyone can claim to have an address for a donate and pop in another addy from their own wallet.

Todomont clearly stated, and was quoted:

I don't even want any payment on this coin any more.
I think that just about negates him from any legal action to get payment if Titans fault or fault of his own.

There is no doubt that he didn't buy the coin from Titan as he has admitted it and Titan pointed it out.  The coin was redeemed before he bought it and long before he tried to redeem it himself.

I will not be commenting on this thread any more. I will be turning this over as evidence to the District Attorneys in both my city and La Habra, California, in a criminal complaint against Tim Fillmore and Titan Btc, for theft and fraud.
Be sure NOT to hide this thread.  I am sure they will get a real laugh.

Have them call me.

Lastly....
Why don't you simply publicly decline the 'bug bounty'.  I don't like seeing that Tim made it 1 full bitcoin; however, being of my word, I will happily donate a matching 1 bitcoin to the same charity.  I trust that Tim will choose a known charity and worthy of the donation.

klondike_bar
Legendary

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
December 23, 2015, 04:37:07 PM

Lastly....
Why don't you simply publicly decline the 'bug bounty'.  I don't like seeing that Tim made it 1 full bitcoin; however, being of my word, I will happily donate a matching 1 bitcoin to the same charity.  I trust that Tim will choose a known charity and worthy of the donation.
I think that post was a mistype, since Tim said "0.1 BTC' a few times before that?

well, i think this was wrapped up nicely. scammer failed to get any money from titanBTC, made himself look like an unstable gunowner, and then allowed the bug bounty to be donated on his behalf Smiley

oh, and I guess todamond decided to leave me the only negative trust i have so far:
Accused me of "baseless" accusations when I had clear evidence for every claim I made. This user slandered me.
would love to know how any of these accusations are "baseless" or "slander". Only evidence todamont ever had was a picture of an unsealed coin and no record of who he bought it from.

"User bought an unfunded titanBTC coin from a third party, threatens to sue, protect himself with a gun, and accuse titanBTC of securities fraud over a dozen times within 24hrs on a single thread"

jaydipmodhwadia

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

Verify my Bitcoin Address before EVERY transaction

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2015, 04:49:18 PM
Last edit: December 23, 2015, 06:03:43 PM by jaydipmodhwadia

EDIT: here is their website, http://clashgroup.org.uk/ also, they have a btc address but its not on the website, lmk if you want it and ill private message it as before.

The problem is that the address can be to anyone.  So, the charity would have to specifically indicate public where their receiving address is.   No offense, but anyone can claim to have an address for a donate and pop in another addy from their own wallet.

Why would I try to scam a charity out when its really close to my heart?
They formally know me so feel free to call them up and ask about <REMOVED FOR PERSONAL REASONS>

I have a condition called Lupus. It affects my immune system.
Also, if you think I am lying about all this, feel free to private message me and I will personally video call you.

However, its @TitanBTC 's overall choice where Tim wants to donate that btc to...
Michail1
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2015, 04:52:04 PM

The problem is that the address can be to anyone.  So, the charity would have to specifically indicate public where their receiving address is.   No offense, but anyone can claim to have an address for a donate and pop in another addy from their own wallet.

Why would I try to scam a charity out when its really close to my heart?
They formally know me so feel free to call them up and ask about Jaydip M

I have a condition called Lupus. It affects my immune system.
Also, if you think I am lying about all this, feel free to private message me and I will personally video call you.

However, its @TitanBTC 's overall choice where Tim wants to donate that btc to...

Please don't misunderstand me.   I was just saying that if they don't have a publicaly known donation address, then I can't claim it on taxes as a verifiable donation.  In that case, I would just donate the equivelent amount in cash/check.  It was in no way referring to you taking the money.  Smiley

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: