Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 09:21:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: titan bitcoin  (Read 17688 times)
Michail1
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1164

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2015, 04:55:10 PM

Vacation!

Looks like I might finally get a free vacation...
Go ahead and send me your IRL info and I'll make sure you get a summons to Tim Fillmore's trial.

Todamont would have to pay for my flight and hotels and expenses, right?
I always love going to California.  It's been like 15 years.  I wanna see wallyworld.

I am curious as to why you would think bringing me to your trial of baseless accusations would net any results for you.  If anything, it would be detrimental.

[edit] - Todomont is now neg rating everyone for slander.  This kid is a joke.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Horatio Holliday

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 23, 2015, 05:45:39 PM

Is Titan Bitcoin under criminal investigation? They better be....
"not yet funded", eh Titan??

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1208618.msg13333638#new
jaydipmodhwadia

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

Verify my Bitcoin Address before EVERY transaction

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2015, 06:07:49 PM

EDIT: here is their website, http://clashgroup.org.uk/ also, they have a btc address but its not on the website, lmk if you want it and ill private message it as before.

The problem is that the address can be to anyone.  So, the charity would have to specifically indicate public where their receiving address is.   No offense, but anyone can claim to have an address for a donate and pop in another addy from their own wallet.

Why would I try to scam a charity out when its really close to my heart?
They formally know me so feel free to call them up and ask about Jaydip M

I have a condition called Lupus. It affects my immune system.
Also, if you think I am lying about all this, feel free to private message me and I will personally video call you.

However, its @TitanBTC 's overall choice where Tim wants to donate that btc to...

Please don't misunderstand me.   I was just saying that if they don't have a publicaly known donation address, then I can't claim it on taxes as a verifiable donation.  In that case, I would just donate the equivelent amount in cash/check.  It was in no way referring to you taking the money.  Smiley

It's alright, however, I never scam. By scamming one and never getting caught leads on to more dangerous scams which will eventually pursue you and you will get caught. And once you get caught, theres no way out.

Vacation!

Looks like I might finally get a free vacation...
Go ahead and send me your IRL info and I'll make sure you get a summons to Tim Fillmore's trial.

Todamont would have to pay for my flight and hotels and expenses, right?
I always love going to California.  It's been like 15 years.  I wanna see wallyworld.

I am curious as to why you would think bringing me to your trial of baseless accusations would net any results for you.  If anything, it would be detrimental.

[edit] - Todomont is now neg rating everyone for slander.  This kid is a joke.
Todomont, mind if I come along on a holiday of a lifetime. Michail, after the summons, we can both go get ice creams and then go florida and go to disneyland! We can take Todomont in the pram if we have space yea?
jaydipmodhwadia

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2015, 06:09:36 PM

Is this an alt made by Todomont  Grin Nice tries mate, making a newbie account and just posting random stuff aint going to help ya.
Michail1
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1164

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2015, 09:58:49 PM
Last edit: December 23, 2015, 10:14:53 PM by Michail1

So, I thought Todamont wasn't going to say anything again, but he simply makes another account to post with.
Kid just can't keep his mouth shut.  If he really had an attorney, the first thing they tell you is to keep quiet.

By the way, thanks for the couple of worthless negative ratings.  They have no value coming from an negative account as yours anyway.

Note: 
I never suggested any money be given to anyone else.  I said that if it (bug bounty award) was given to a charity, I would match it.
You still fail to see the difference of money you were scammed out of and bug bounty award.
Call me a scammer?  How so?
I never said you were a theif.
How do you define Slander as I have not committed it. 
- Slander is when you called me a scammer (within ratings) without having scammed anyone.
- Slander is when you said I suggested stolen money be given to a third party.  Which I haven't (suggested third party nor stolen money).

jaydipmodhwadia

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2015, 03:40:32 PM

Wow, thanks for the negative feedback, even though I have not traded with you.
TitanBTC

Activity: 366
Merit: 258

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2016, 02:24:43 PM

This looks a slightly different scenario than the one this thread was about, as we have two different types of keys that we use underneath the hologram.    

Did you buy the coin from us directly online or at an event?  If you bought the coin from us and had trouble redeeming, we reimburse immediately with no questions asked.  

If you bought it elsewhere, then we need to dig a bit deeper.  Those private keys don't exist anywhere but on the coin, and we went to pretty great lengths to ensure that you need to peel back the hologram to redeem the coin's value.  

It looks like, in this case, The coin's status should have been updated and it wasn't.  If you bought it thinking it was funded and it wasn't, that's plenty of reason for us to issue reimbursement to you.  We were updating funding statuses for private key coins manually for a period of time...and apparently missed this one.  

In either scenario, you will be getting a refund, but any other info you can provide would help.  I would like to make sure we can definitely determine that this issue was the result of tampering that was done outside of Titan's control. 

Also, it's generally best/fastest to email customer service at info@titanbtc.com, or email me at tim@titanbtc.com, and we'll get this resolved for you right away.  Just due to time constraints, we don't regularly look on the forums for customers who are having problems, but we do regularly respond to customers via email.

--------------------------
EDITED TO FIX A TYPO

TLDR

Did anything ever come of this???

I recently tried to sell a Titan Tenth, only to find out it was not loaded, yet the Titan website says it still is.
The blockchain says oitherwise.

The coin was loaded one day, and emptied the next..............

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559773.0

https://www.titanbtc.com/verify/RAmSvaG4/

https://blockchain.info/address/18bVowQYVnxXQPBCQUpntMoKevavomoAMe

Was this buyer emptied?
Or Titan emptied??
Huh

Todamont

Activity: 604
Merit: 273

View Profile
March 03, 2017, 10:50:16 PM
Last edit: March 03, 2017, 11:00:23 PM by Todamont

SCAM.

Don't trust Tim Fillmore. TitanBitcoin is on the list on known scams, I lost 1btc to Tim Fillmore's scam.

https://www.titanbtc.com/verify/vFZKfWyJ/

Tim has multiple databases tracking "funded" coins, and there is corruption among thoses tables. When you try to redeem the coin, he will find an excuse to not pay you, and then have all his scammer buddies trash your profile reputation, and threaten to call the cops on you and anyone who has ever been in the chain of custody of the physical coin in question.

Tim accused me of tampering with my coin, after I opened it. He's a fucking scammer.

I contacted the CFTC and the police about Tim Fillmore and his scam, and the CFTC said they are waiting for more reports before they investigate, and they had a TON of questions about his business. Since then I have been contacted by more victims claiming losses from owning Titan Bitcoins that they are unable to "redeem". I advised them to file complaints with the CFTC also.

My reputation is trashed though, because I was the first to stand up against Tim, I had about 6 people leave negative reputation marks on my profile in the scam accusation thread, and claim that I'm a thief and a scammer, without ever having met us or being party to that transaction in any way. I had an eyewitness when I unsealed my coin, and both of us are executives at blockchain companies and I have no need to steal a single bitcoin from anyone. The reason I grilled Tim so hard is that I was actually employed as compliance officer at a bitcoin exchange at the time I was robbed by Tim, and I was required by law to report him to various federal authorities.

If you'll notice, Titan Bitcoin is listed now, on the list of known scams, here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1326821.0
TitanBTC

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2017, 01:30:55 AM

I'll reply to this line-by-line, but I want to reiterate that we offered to make this right and Todamont refused to be made whole.  

"SCAM.

Don't trust Tim Fillmore. TitanBitcoin is on the list on known scams, I lost 1btc to Tim Fillmore's scam."

We're only on the "Scam list" because Todamont put us there after refusing our assistance in resolving this issue.  

"https://www.titanbtc.com/verify/vFZKfWyJ/

Tim has multiple databases tracking "funded" coins, and there is corruption among thoses tables. When you try to redeem the coin, he will find an excuse to not pay you, and then have all his scammer buddies trash your profile reputation, and threaten to call the cops on you and anyone who has ever been in the chain of custody of the physical coin in question. "

Todamont bought one of our 2-factor authenticated coins from a third party.  Todamont will not reveal who he purchased the coin from, but he claims that it was sold as a "funded" coin.  However, from what we can tell the coin had already been redeemed when he purchased it from this unknown third party.  It also seems that Todamont did not attempt to verify that the coin was funded when he purchased it.  Had he done so, he would have seen that our website indicated that it was not funded.  

In my first conversation with Todamont, I requested that he file a police report so that we could work with law enforcement to track down the person who misrepresented the coin when it was sold to Todamont.  He refused to do so.   I don't know why he refused to report a crime on the part of that seller, but from that point on he became defensive and as you can see from this post, unreasonable.  Any further efforts on my part to rectify the situation were met with him simply refusing to work with us.

Tim accused me of tampering with my coin, after I opened it. He's a fucking scammer.

This is false.  The evidence points to Todamont being the victim of a third-party reseller who managed to convince Todamont to pay full price for an unfunded/redeemed coin.  I never accused Todamont of tampering with his coin.  It is strange that Todamont wouldn't cooperate in prosecuting the third-party who misrepresented which he purchased, but that doesn't imply guilt.

I contacted the CFTC and the police about Tim Fillmore and his scam, and the CFTC said they are waiting for more reports before they investigate, and they had a TON of questions about his business. Since then I have been contacted by more victims claiming losses from owning Titan Bitcoins that they are unable to "redeem". I advised them to file complaints with the CFTC also.

If any "victims", have suffered losses from owning Titan Bitcoins, that is news to me.  I'd encourage those people to contact us at sales@titanbtc.com so that we can resolve any issue for you.  

I know of one case in which someone new to bitcoin received a Titan coin as a gift and they threw away the hologram, private key included, without realizing it was needed to redeem the coin.  There was nothing I could do for them, and I felt pretty terrible about it.  That's exactly why we created our 2-factor authenticated coins.  Other than that, and this issue Todamont encountered, I don't believe anyone to date has "suffered losses" from owning Titan Bitcoins.  Quite the opposite.  We have many stories from people who have made fantastic profits reselling coins.  If not Todamont, I would be bold enough to claim 100% customer satisfaction with what Titan does.

My reputation is trashed though, because I was the first to stand up against Tim, I had about 6 people leave negative reputation marks on my profile in the scam accusation thread, and claim that I'm a thief and a scammer, without ever having met us or being party to that transaction in any way. I had an eyewitness when I unsealed my coin, and both of us are executives at blockchain companies and I have no need to steal a single bitcoin from anyone. The reason I grilled Tim so hard is that I was actually employed as compliance officer at a bitcoin exchange at the time I was robbed by Tim, and I was required by law to report him to various federal authorities.

It appeared that Todamont got negative feedback because he resorted to personally attacking people that have had good experiences with Titan.  I didn't encourage anyone to leave feedback for him and I didn't rally anyone to my cause.  The facts of the case stand on their own without any social proof needed.  I actually asked some forum members to remove their negative feedback from Todamont because it wasn't called for.

If you'll notice, Titan Bitcoin is listed now, on the list of known scams, here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1326821.0

Again, Todamont was responsible for this SCAM listing.  It is technically libel, and illegal, to call Titan a scam in the context of calling me a scammer...but let's focus on the positives.  The reason nothing came of Todamont's accusations is because they are baseless.  

We're not always the fastest to respond to customers (small company, limited staff) and occasionally our website goes down (regularly under attack from DDOS and other attempts to harass..because hackers are dumb.  Our private keys are exclusively offline in actual bank vaults) but we keep our promise.  

If you buy a Titan Bitcoin, we have your back and will resolve any problem you have with our service or products.  I really do feel bad for Todamont's loss, but he refused to cooperate with us to find a resolution and refused to work with us to prosecute the thief who actually stole from him. Todamont never wanted anything other than to shift the blame for his mistakes onto Titan.  When that didn't work he decided to start personally attacking me in an attempt to extort Titan into giving him a bitcoin.  Apparently, he's still at it a year later.  I would advise anyone reading this thread to avoid engaging with Todamont in any capacity.

klondike_bar
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
March 04, 2017, 02:36:51 PM

This has been going on for over 14 months.

Todamont bought an unfunded titanBTC coin from a third party, threatens to sue, protect himself with a gun, and accuse titanBTC of securities fraud over a dozen times within 24hrs on a single thread

Don't come near my fucking house Tim. I have a gun, and I never fucking sleep.

24" PCI-E cables with 16AWG wires and stripped ends - great for server PSU mods, best prices https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563461
No longer a wannabe - now an ASIC owner!
Fortify
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1176

View Profile
March 04, 2017, 03:31:35 PM

This has been going on for over 14 months.

Todamont bought an unfunded titanBTC coin from a third party, threatens to sue, protect himself with a gun, and accuse titanBTC of securities fraud over a dozen times within 24hrs on a single thread

Don't come near my fucking house Tim. I have a gun, and I never fucking sleep.

Yeah, below are some of Todamont's previous posts, take note of the dates.

In reference to Titan bitcoins:
Any chance of getting some of these "unloaded"? I'm building a collection of physical bitcoins and I'd like to add yours, but don't want to tie up any actual bitcoin value in them right now...

About two factor Titan bitcoins:
I got one of your coins at the conference in Austin. I'd like to convert this coin into a cold-wallet with my own generated private key. Can I just buy one of your holograms?

If someone gives you a physical coin loaded with bitcoin, there will always be an issue of trusting the giver. What I want to do is remove the layer of trust, but still have a nice physical coin for my cold-storage.

I don't see the problem with selling stickers. Those silver qallets are priced at 3x or 4x spot value of silver, not a very good deal.

Apparently, this person never trusted physical coin manufacturers, yet still collects them..
There is no issue with selling stickers and this is why:

You have to trust the person you get a physical bitcoin from, sticker or not. These things *cannot* be used as a regular currency or exchange mechanism, there will ALWAYS be a factor of trust required when transferring them, and there is no way to get around it. The utility of physical bitcoins is as a cold-storage wallet, and little else.

Anyhow, I'm redeeming mine and putting a sticker from a different company on it, because I don't trust Titan to hold the bitcoins, or anyone for that matter.

Here he is asking a question to someone who is selling redeemed titan coins:
So you are willing to sell it, but not willing to disclose the price you want?

Now, individually and without a scam accusation, these posts might seem harmless. However with Todamont not posting for a year and popping back on when bitcoin is at record highs.. is suspicious.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
neuromancer4867

Activity: 86
Merit: 16

View Profile
June 26, 2019, 05:12:30 PM
Last edit: June 26, 2019, 05:41:21 PM by neuromancer4867

I would like to re-open the scam accusations. I bought a funded 1 BTC gold from Titan Bitcoin at the Texas Bitcoin Conference and now that I try to redeem it, no coin. Titanbitcoin.com has so far refused to answer emails for 3 months, and the member here is inactive since May.

Edit: Tim has reached out to me, and hopefully we can resolve this easily enough.
TitanBTC

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2019, 05:27:30 PM

I would like to re-open the scam accusations. I bought a funded 1 BTC gold from Titan Bitcoin at the Texas Bitcoin Conference and now that I try to redeem it, no coin. Titanbitcoin.com has so far refused to answer emails for 3 months, and the member here is inactive since May.

I'm not inactive and I'm sorry we missed your email.

Could you please send the info on your coin to guardians@titanbtc.com we'll be happy to get you sorted.  We have a record of every coin sold at that conference (as I was there in person) so it should be an easy fix if you're having trouble redeeming the coins value for some reason.

micro23

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 03, 2022, 01:44:11 PM

Tim is on the run and the website is shut down. It has been said that he is sweeping the coins. Be careful everyone. Might want to claim your coins if you have not already. I did claim my PK successfully yesterday, the 2FA coins are unfortunately unclaimable at this current point in time.

https://www.titanmint.com/ is still online

https://www.titanbtc.com/ has been down, thats where you check and claim your 2fa coins.

Embarrassed
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9]  All
  Print  

Jump to: