Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 05:02:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Help Working The Client  (Read 764 times)
mechace1 (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 15, 2015, 02:21:56 AM

So, I'm a bit new to this. I was messing around with settings in Bitcoin Core and accidentally set a proxy and restarted the program. Now it won't open because its an invalid proxy so it hits an error message then just closes. What do I do?Huh I have bit in that wallet that hasnt shown up yet because it hasn't fully synced.
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
achow101
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 6637

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2015, 04:01:28 AM

If you are on windows, open the registry editor (go to start and type in regedit and open the program that shows up) and go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER > Software > Bitcoin > Bitcoin-Qt. You should see on the right a bunch of stuff, these are the options you set in settings. Scroll until you see fUseProxy and double click that. Change the value data to false and click ok. Then start the client and it should work.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: