Please delete this thread.
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 27, 2012, 06:28:36 PM

If anyone has any tips, I even tried to message Yankee but I do not have those powers yet.

You should have those powers now that you made your first post.
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
October 27, 2012, 06:33:39 PM

I come as a newbie, after having transferred from dwolla to mtgox via bitinstant.

Just out of curiosity, why wouldn't you just transfer from Dwolla to Mt. Gox via Mt. Gox?

I'm guessing it has to do with Mt. Gox requiring your account to be verified, whereas the same transfer less a fee can be done through BitInstant instead?

Dwolla has definitely turned out to be such an inconvenient transfer method as far as Bitcoin exchanges go.

I think we'll see Coinbase's ACH / linked bank account method take over from Dwolla as the best way for transferring funds from a bank account in the U.S. into bitcoins.

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

Yankee (BitInstant)
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1000

Charlie 'Van Bitcoin' Shrem

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2012, 07:39:37 PM

Howdy guys, I am here after googling my problem and found that others were helped through this forum.

I come as a newbie, after having transferred from dwolla to mtgox via bitinstant.

I sent an email to support@bitinstant.com last night, but no replies yet. Also called the number and just got a voicemail.

If anyone has any tips, I even tried to message Yankee but I do not have those powers yet.

Thanks!

Edit: I just sent another email from a different address to see if it works.

Good Morning,

I just responded to your PM and your order was executed

Please edit the title, thanks!

Sorry for the frustration

-Charlie

Bitcoin pioneer. An apostle of Satoshi Nakamoto. A crusader for a new, better, tech-driven society. A dreamer.

More about me: http://CharlieShrem.com
buyingBTC

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 28, 2012, 08:11:08 PM

I am having a similar issue,  have sent am email to support but not heard back and number is just voice mail.  What should my next step be?
Yankee (BitInstant)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2012, 04:19:15 AM

I am having a similar issue,  have sent am email to support but not heard back and number is just voice mail.  What should my next step be?

It's Sunday evening, normal support will be open tomorrow, but I got your PM and am working on it.

Bitcoin pioneer. An apostle of Satoshi Nakamoto. A crusader for a new, better, tech-driven society. A dreamer.

discolemonade

Activity: 3

View Profile
November 16, 2012, 04:12:40 PM
Last edit: November 16, 2012, 06:21:26 PM by discolemonade

Hello, first post here, I had an issue similar to OP.  I sent USD from my Dwolla balance to Mt. Gox via Bitinstant.  The money has already left my Dwolla account.  It has been over 36 hours, and I still haven't received a confirmation email from BitInstant, and my money has not appeared in my Mt. Gox account. 

Unfortunately, I did not record the transaction number on BitInstant, as the last time I used this service to send money I did not have any problems.  I can verify the Dwolla transaction and provide the Mt Gox address I sent the money to as well though.  Should I PM Yankee?

Edit: I forgot to mention that I sent an email to BitInstant support yesterday (about 18 hours ago) and have not heard back yet. 

Edit2:  Issue resolved.  Yankee is amazing!
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1128

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2012, 04:14:36 PM

Hello, first post here, I had an issue similar to OP.  I sent USD from my Dwolla balance to Mt. Gox via Bitinstant.  The money has already left my Dwolla account.  It has been over 36 hours, and I still haven't received a confirmation email from BitInstant, and my money has not appeared in my Mt. Gox account. 

Unfortunately, I did not record the transaction number on BitInstant, as the last time I used this service to send money I did not have any problems.  I can verify the Dwolla transaction and provide the Mt Gox address I sent the money to as well though.  Should I PM Yankee?

Yeah just send him a pm, you're able to now. He's always been quick about fixing problems.

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
Yankee (BitInstant)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2012, 04:26:58 PM

Edit: I forgot to mention that I sent an email to BitInstant support yesterday (about 18 hours ago) and have not heard back yet. 

Hey, sure PM me

If you want, also paste your Order ID here

Thanks

Dirtyhippy42000

Activity: 18

View Profile
November 16, 2012, 09:00:51 PM

Having Same problem as OP and others. Have not gotten a email from BitInstant support back yet and just tryed PMing "Yankee". Hope i can get this resolved soon.
 also my Order ID was 9f3d619d-87d9-413c-9fec-57cddded2181. in case that helps
Yankee (BitInstant)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2012, 09:20:40 PM

Having Same problem as OP and others. Have not gotten a email from BitInstant support back yet and just tryed PMing "Yankee". Hope i can get this resolved soon.
 also my Order ID was 9f3d619d-87d9-413c-9fec-57cddded2181. in case that helps

Your order was processed! Sorry for the delay.

Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 17, 2012, 12:43:03 AM

Hey, Charlie, why don't you open a "Bitinstant Official Support Thread" here on the newbies board?
You could activate the email alerts and have all support contact info on the OP.
That way newbs would only use one thread instead of opening countless threads asking for help.
Even if they did make a new thread, us moderators would just merge it to the support thread.
Yankee (BitInstant)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2012, 01:08:53 AM

Hey, Charlie, why don't you open a "Bitinstant Official Support Thread" here on the newbies board?
You could activate the email alerts and have all support contact info on the OP.
That way newbs would only use one thread instead of opening countless threads asking for help.
Even if they did make a new thread, us moderators would just merge it to the support thread.

Good idea, how do I do that?

Dirtyhippy42000

Activity: 18

View Profile
November 17, 2012, 06:32:10 AM

Just got home from work and my funds have indeed made there way to Mt gox. Thank you for resolving my issue quickly!
taw420

Activity: 15

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2012, 12:20:15 PM

Hello I had a deposit from dwolla to mtgox through bitinstant fail earlier tonight/this morning. I sent an email to support with no response. Googled it and this thread popped up and figured it was worth a shot to post here and see if Yankee would PM me or reply here. Thanks!
Yankee (BitInstant)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2012, 04:17:57 PM

Hello I had a deposit from dwolla to mtgox through bitinstant fail earlier tonight/this morning. I sent an email to support with no response. Googled it and this thread popped up and figured it was worth a shot to post here and see if Yankee would PM me or reply here. Thanks!

Sure, shoot my a PM or post your Order ID here if it hasnt been processed yet.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: