Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 09:31:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Btcex.com took all my bitcoin/money. How do I get it back?  (Read 1577 times)
srty (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 04, 2011, 10:17:05 PM

If you've been following btcex.com recently, they were down for about a month after some *supposed* problems with being sued or something.  Whatever. Point is, I signed up with them back when I was new to bitcoin thinking(mistakenly) that they were reputable.  Though it doesn't seem like much, they have about 5-6 bitcoin and $15 USD of mine. However, on my account on their site, it shows I have a balance of 0 and having done no trades, both of which are incorrect.

I've tried contacting them via email, but have never received a response.  What other course of action can I take?
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Lupus_Yonderboy

Activity: 153
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 04, 2011, 10:25:59 PM

None. Welcome to the free market.
error

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 04, 2011, 10:28:23 PM

We all saw that coming when the guy who runs btcex.com was involved in some DDoS attacks against other exchanges a couple of months ago. That was the time to get out.

Unless you plan to go to Russia and hunt the guy down, there is probably nothing you can do.

3KzNGwzRZ6SimWuFAgh4TnXzHpruHMZmV8
Rino

Activity: 38

View Profile
June 04, 2011, 10:45:36 PM

try writing pm to http://forum.bitcoin.org/index.php?action=profile;u=2136
srty (OP)

Activity: 14

View Profile
June 04, 2011, 11:06:30 PM

We all saw that coming when the guy who runs btcex.com was involved in some DDoS attacks against other exchanges a couple of months ago. That was the time to get out.

Unless you plan to go to Russia and hunt the guy down, there is probably nothing you can do.

You're right, I did see it coming as soon as I heard he was doing the attacks. However his site was also down when he was doing the attacks, and I wasn't able to get my money out because its been down ever since then. At least, by the time I knew he was the one doing the attacks...
Vladimir

Activity: 812
Merit: 1001

-

View Profile
June 04, 2011, 11:10:07 PM

We've warned everyone here about dangers of doing biz with those people and there was plenty of time to get money out. Pay attention to such warnings next time. I am sorry, though, that this did not help you.

-
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: