Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 11:13:19 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Core version 0.11.1 released  (Read 5542 times)
Bifta

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 01, 2015, 02:25:44 PM

I do not understand how I can return bitcoins.
You just spend them normally and Bitcoin Core will automatically select the Bitcoin for you, be it from change or elsewhere where you have received bitcoin.

I must make backup in every time before I close the core or manually set my address to change a lesson that I've learned.
Why must you make a backup every time before you close Bitcoin Core? Are you restoring from a backup every time you open it? Because if you are doing that, then that might have caused you to lose the Bitcoin if you restored from the wrong backup. After you have used 100 addresses (from either receiving Bitcoin or just automatic change), then the keypool will be refreshed with 100 more addresses (it actually happens on the fly but you don't get those addresses until the first 100 have been used). If you restored from an older backup, then it is possible that the change address was part of the newly generated addresses but when you restored, it wasn't in the backed up wallet.
TonySon

Activity: 396
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 01, 2015, 02:47:19 PM

RomZ

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 02, 2015, 05:45:16 AM

very happy with the latest update, the memory usage looking much better!
zaheersemy

Activity: 34

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 11:04:18 AM

Yeah, this has been out for hours.Saw a thread here. Tons of people notice Bitcoin updates because of this forum.
notabeliever

Activity: 724
Merit: 504

View Profile
November 06, 2015, 02:02:01 AM

How about a bootsrtap, any idea where I can find one
Battareus

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 06, 2015, 08:01:40 AM

When I last time downloaded the chain it takes less when 1.5 days and 52.5 Gb. Why are you want a bootstrap?
Mikestang
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 06, 2015, 05:43:08 PM

You shouldn't need to bootstrap since they went to headers first, https://bitcoin.org/en/developer-guide#headers-first, although my old, slow-ass computer still takes almost 4 days to re-sync the blockchain.
notbatman
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1038

View Profile
November 07, 2015, 09:41:55 AM

Do we have a release date for 0.12?
carlo_0000
Legendary

Activity: 1281
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 08, 2015, 01:55:15 AM

i had 0.11.0 till now  but i had a probleme

i made 4 transaction sins 19 october   none of them was confirmed i always try to send with low fees around 2000sat   for +- 0.01 btc
(i alredy send with 200sat fee with no problem in the past)

so it was not working anymore so 3th transaction i  did 3200sat fees   and 4 th transaction 5000sat fees, but none of them where confirmed  (last one from 3 days ago)

so i just update to 0.11.1  and i notice it canceled my transactions, got my coins back , status : in conflict

so i made a new transaction 0.07 btc  but it s asking 42000 sat of fees  Huh Shocked  seriously ?  why is that so much ?
garrytaylor1

Activity: 14

View Profile
November 08, 2015, 08:56:41 AM

That does seem a lot.
Zorrocoin

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 09, 2015, 01:57:47 PM

The buffer overflow bug was something I had been experiencing for a while, it would cause my client to crash, glad to see that has been fixed.

Core is still randomly crashing for me from time to time, but I think that is because I run it on a very old system.  I have not been able to pinpoint the cause of most of my crashes, and the log file doesn't give any clues.
Try increasing your RAM, maybe it should help? Also go for the latest version of Os (whichever one you might be using).
Mikestang
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 09, 2015, 09:55:36 PM

So I have found a common thread with my random crashes.  It seems that (almost) whenever I receive a payment, core crashes without any error or indication of what happened in the log.

Can anyone think of what is happening, that receiving a payment causes the crash?  Does core use a bunch more ram to process incoming payments or something?
carlo_0000
Legendary

Activity: 1281
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 10, 2015, 01:06:36 AM

so i made payment today
but in transaction  it s show as 27/10/2015  ?  my computer is on the right time

i close bitcoin and restart

now the payment shows up on 19/10/2015  Huh

mayax
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1004

View Profile
November 11, 2015, 01:52:46 AM

bug after bug. I think someone(a dev) is making it with good knowledge.
DuddlyDoRight

Activity: 318
Merit: 260

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2015, 09:43:51 PM

Rest assured someone is developing an exploit for IGDstartelt in MiniUPnP..

I have faith that one day this forum will get threads where people won't just repeat their previous posts or what others have already stated in the same thread. Also that people will stop acting like BTC is toy-money and start holding vendors accountable. Naive? Maybe.
AMITK1997

Activity: 1

View Profile
November 15, 2015, 06:33:03 AM

Grin Shocked Bitcoin is little bit confusing website no one can easily understand how to use bitcoins and what is bitcoins it is a online currency which you can use on online transaction and it is very safe site you can use bitcoins just safely go head and use bitcoins
DuddlyDoRight

Activity: 318
Merit: 260

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2015, 07:37:54 PM

Grin Shocked Bitcoin is little bit confusing website no one can easily understand how to use bitcoins and what is bitcoins it is a online currency which you can use on online transaction and it is very safe site you can use bitcoins just safely go head and use bitcoins

Not true. It's a software currency that uses a distributed and crypto validated ledger. Miners validate blocks of transactions using computing power for the crypto operations and make money off fees.

The only -what are they thinking- part of BTC are fees which seem arbitrary because they pretty much are..

You could argue the cost of the required computing power creates the same problems that come from fiat currency too..

I have faith that one day this forum will get threads where people won't just repeat their previous posts or what others have already stated in the same thread. Also that people will stop acting like BTC is toy-money and start holding vendors accountable. Naive? Maybe.
Mr. Forum

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 10, 2015, 10:40:57 PM

Today this is the best news that I have come across. I get to marvel at the fact that when bitcoin is facing serious challenges, it has  kept on growing against all these odds. I am happy that the new version is up and it really paints a good picture to the people who are trading. Every release means that the security of the algorithm is taken into consideration to avoid tapping related cases. I hope the releases will come from time to time to curb for all the flaws.
pereira4
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183

View Profile
December 10, 2015, 10:52:27 PM

Today this is the best news that I have come across. I get to marvel at the fact that when bitcoin is facing serious challenges, it has  kept on growing against all these odds. I am happy that the new version is up and it really paints a good picture to the people who are trading. Every release means that the security of the algorithm is taken into consideration to avoid tapping related cases. I hope the releases will come from time to time to curb for all the flaws.

This version is not new, latest version is 0.11.2 and not 0.11.1, this thread is old. About the website of bitcoin.org being confusing, what confused me when I was a noob was that i couldn't find a "download" link, it was under "get involved" or something, it wasn't clear how to download the thing.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: