Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 02:55:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [joe is dead] http://findmeifyoucan.eu  (Read 7043 times)
joe23 (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 27, 2012, 11:26:48 PM
Last edit: October 29, 2012, 06:52:40 AM by joe23
Merited by xtraelv (1)

Hey fellow bitcoiners,

I am really a registered user in this forum since at least summer 2012. I set up this secondary, hopefully anonymous identity to give away some free bitcoins by ways of a challenge:

challenge:

I hereby challenge you to find the real me!

I set up a site on the net: http://findmeifyoucan.eu

I hereby promise to pay BTC 14 to anyone who provides one of the following pieces of information identifying the operator of findmeifyoucan.eu or (which is the same) the author of this post:

• forum account id of 'real me'
  • my real name and (address or phone number or date of birth)
  • any IP-address that could be traced to my real identity by authorities

rules:

• Rules are t14 BTC bountyo be interpreted by me, in case of dispute, I am right, you are wrong
  • you must post here one of the above infos and a bitcoin address to which the bounty should be sent
  • you must provide a credible story of how you obtained the info
  • a 'hunch' is not enough, no guessing
  • I can change these rules at any time and will do so in OP (Original Post, the one you're reading)
  • the state of the OP at the time of claim is decisive for the rules, so please quote OP when claiming bounty

notes:

• I'll give away small amounts of bitcoin to people pointing out flaws/mistakes/possible improvements regarding my anonymity
  • speculation in this thread is encouraged

additional info leaked:

• theymous publishes the IP I use to access bitcointalk: 188.165.73.235
  • theymos publishes PM in which I ask MysteryMiner wether he was one of the german guys wearing masks at the Conference in London.
  • it is discovered that joe uses lastpass
  • "real me"s timezone has leaked: "it indicates timezone somewhere near UTC."

rewards payed for valuable feedback to:

• MysteryMiner
  • Jasinlee
  • Openyoureyes

feel free to ask any questions... I might be happy to answer... or not.

joe is dead, see this post by real me: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=120918.msg1304572#msg1304572
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
joe23 (OP)

View Profile
October 27, 2012, 11:41:28 PM

screenshot of my electrum wallet:

https://i.imgur.com/dsq3s.png
Blazr

Activity: 882
Merit: 1005

View Profile
October 27, 2012, 11:55:37 PM

Matthew?

joe23 (OP)

View Profile
October 27, 2012, 11:58:39 PM

Matthew?

no guessing, but made me LOL
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2012, 12:28:40 AM

Matthew?

no guessing, but made me LOL

Scammer tags have been dole out for less. Do you realized that with your answer you've broken two rules in the OP?

speculation in this thread is encouraged

Blazr asked a question in the form of a speculation. The correct answer would have been with a 'no', but you went with the 'no guessing' which translates to 'no speculation'.

Hey fellow bitcoiners,

I am really a registered user in this forum since at least summer 2012. I set up this secondary, hopefully anonymous identity to give away some free bitcoins by ways of a challenge:

challenge:

I hereby challenge you to find the real me!

I set up a site on the net: http://findmeifyoucan.eu

I hereby promise to pay BTC 5 to anyone who provides one of the following pieces of information identifying the operator of findmeifyoucan.eu or (which is the same) the author of this post:

• forum account id of 'real me'
  • my real name and (address or phone number or date of birth)
  • any IP-address that could be traced to my real identity by authorities

rules:

• Rules are to be interpreted by me, in case of dispute, I am right, you are wrong
  • you must post here one of the above infos and a bitcoin address to which the bounty should be sent
  • you must provide a credible story of how you obtained the info
  • a 'hunch' is not enough, no guessing
  • I can change these rules at any time and will do so in OP (Original Post, the one you're reading)
  • the state of the OP at the time of claim is decisive for the rules, so please quote OP when claiming bounty

notes:

• I'll give away small amounts of bitcoin to people pointing out flaws/mistakes/possible improvements regarding my anonymity
  • speculation in this thread is encouraged

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2012, 12:44:20 AM

I have reread your rules, and...

Okay. I figured out which user you are--someone703.

1EWRJ5BeibZxMguujPLzqM8WWiHpFJtLLx

since at least summer 2012 = January, 2012

You both use tormail.net

You both use https://i.imgur.com to post images.

MysteryMiner
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1029

Show middle finger to system and then destroy it!

View Profile
October 28, 2012, 12:54:38 AM

The operators of Silk Road can find at least your SR username given time and amount of deposit. If it is a SR deposit address at all Cheesy

All other steps seems to be secure if Tor was used all the time. Weakest link might be a VPS if you are using it for VPN.

Have not tried to follow coins in both directions with blockexplorer to see if they are linked with some known addresses here on forum. I'm too lazy to type the address from image lol I save this for some more BTC desperate members.

bc1q59y5jp2rrwgxuekc8kjk6s8k2es73uawprre4j
joe23 (OP)

View Profile
October 28, 2012, 01:11:42 AM

thanks for all your replies, I have not been identified yet.

The operators of Silk Road can find at least your SR username given time and amount of deposit. If it is a SR deposit address at all Cheesy

true. BTC

All other steps seems to be secure if Tor was used all the time. Weakest link might be a VPS if you are using it for VPN.

thanks for checking man, this is reassuring so far.

Have not tried to follow coins in both directions with blockexplorer to see if they are linked with some known addresses here on forum. I'm too lazy to type the address from image lol I save this for some more BTC desperate members.

you wouldn't have found anything about the "initial funding transaction", I think. I "cleaned" the funds using silkraod, that 10 BTC "initial load" is a silkroad withdrawl.

psilan

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 28, 2012, 01:12:20 AM

AndrewBUD.

I analyse your England. Derp.

BTC goes here 1H8uBfk6bw8kj3CWurjct5KHKe6NY3HAp4
Thanks.

dip
joe23 (OP)

View Profile
October 28, 2012, 01:15:46 AM

Blazr asked a question in the form of a speculation. The correct answer would have been with a 'no', but you went with the 'no guessing' which translates to 'no speculation'.

he can speculate all he wants, but will not get an answer to a guess.

I didn't break my rules and even if I had: I'd just change them Wink.

This is for fun (although I most definitel will pay the bounty when I get identified according to the rules)

I'm also not opposed to escrow.
joe23 (OP)

View Profile
October 28, 2012, 01:18:11 AM

Yes, I'm using the VPS that hosts the page as a proxy (through tor) to access bitcointalk because bitcointalk disallows tor ips.

Is that best practice?

MysteryMiner
Legendary

View Profile
October 28, 2012, 01:20:25 AM
Last edit: October 28, 2012, 01:32:03 AM by MysteryMiner

The problem of staying hidden is not in the short term. In long run you get comfortable, relax on security, reuse the same address or e-mail or whatever and you have instantly linked yourself to some other person You.

Such periodic checks are great idea if your security is at stake. Better lose some bitchiness than lose anonymity and freedom.
Yes, I'm using the VPS that hosts the page as a proxy (through tor) to access bitcointalk because bitcointalk disallows tor ips.

Is that best practice?
Chaining Socks proxy at the end of Tor? Yes it is how it's done!

Blazr

Activity: 882
Merit: 1005

View Profile
October 28, 2012, 01:27:51 AM

I'm using the VPS that hosts the page as a proxy (through tor) to access bitcointalk because bitcointalk disallows tor ips.

Darn! I was just about to send you a PM with a transparent gif image in it to record your IP, in the off-chance you were browsing the forums without TOR or a proxy.

joe23 (OP)

View Profile
October 28, 2012, 01:34:09 AM

I'm using the VPS that hosts the page as a proxy (through tor) to access bitcointalk because bitcointalk disallows tor ips.

Darn! I was just about to send you a PM with a transparent gif image in it to record your IP, in the off-chance you were browsing the forums without TOR or a proxy.

Oh well, back to checking for SSH vulnerabilities.

I'm thinking about giving you guys access to the server in the end (maybe I will lower the bounty then) to simulate "officials" gaining access to the machine.
MysteryMiner
Legendary

View Profile
October 28, 2012, 01:34:14 AM

Girls can't do that! Go back to kitchen and make me a hot meal!
I'm thinking about giving you guys access to the server in the end (maybe I will lower the bounty then) to simulate "officials" gaining access to the machine.
For LEA it will take at least few days to do this "officially" if both the source of offending IP address (Bitcointalk) and VPS are in the same country. More if some parts of chain is located overseas. So at least don't give access right now to keep this interesting.

joe23 (OP)

View Profile
October 28, 2012, 01:36:52 AM

UPDATE: someone manages to bribe theymos to give out the IP used to access bitcointalk as joe23: it's consistently 188.165.73.235
jasinlee

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

Its as easy as 0, 1, 1, 2, 3

View Profile
October 28, 2012, 01:41:46 AM

Just checked he cleared metadata on the pic if anyone was planning to look. I think maybe tradefortress.

BTC 1JASiNZxmAN1WBS4dmGEDoPpzN3GV7dnjX DVC 1CxxZzqcy7YEVXfCn5KvgRxjeWvPpniK3                     Earn Devcoins Devtome.com
joe23 (OP)

View Profile
October 28, 2012, 01:43:58 AM

just loaded more funds to joes wallet

https://i.imgur.com/iptLL.png

will increase bounty soon
joe23 (OP)

View Profile
October 28, 2012, 01:47:28 AM

Girls can't do that! Go back to kitchen and make me a hot meal!
For LEA it will take at least few days to do this "officially" if both the source of offending IP address (Bitcointalk) and VPS are in the same country. More if some parts of chain is located overseas. So at least don't give access right now to keep this interesting.

ok, I will keep it realistic and wait for a couple of days.
joe23 (OP)

View Profile
October 28, 2012, 01:50:24 AM

Just checked he cleared metadata on the pic if anyone was planning to look. I think maybe tradefortress.

wow. good idea. Didn't think of that. Got lucky my screenshot-tool (scrot) seems to not leak any info OR maybe imgur trims it. Will check that out.

Extremely good point, tough, jasinlee. I will award a 0.05 BTC special bonus for that, give me an address and I will send.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: